What's new

Trade Confirmed: Jazz get jack for Bogey

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
The thing that really sucks about Vanderbilt is he's exactly the kind of player we needed the last two or three years while we were trying to contend for a championship. Now that we have him, we're a bottom 5 team in the league. He's definitely young enough to be part of the next good Jazz era, but he's also going to be an unrestricted free agent in a couple of years and there is no guarantee he will re-sign with us, having his bird rights should make it more likely though.

SoberasHotRod

If we would have gone for that Suns deal, without the perspective of this deal, we all would have hated it.

I'm really on the fence with Vando though. He's probably the only guy I'm really excited to watch this year. On the other hand, I do think he hurts the tank as our only above average defender and I want to continue amassing assets.

I think the correct compromise is to take him in to the season, but be ready to deal him if a good offer is there, which should really be the case for everyone on our team. Everyone is heading in to training camp where every team is amazing. Reality will hit and teams will get desperate, and we'll have a lot to offer.

FrenchJazzFa

2022 Award Winner
I'm still not convince about the all tanking. I'm on the same line with Danny on it. Draft remain a lottery where you must have a lot of chance ( Memphis got it) and if you failed , you stuck for years of mediocrity.

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Staff member
Vanderbilt sounds like a great piece to have on a championship contending team coming off the bench and/or locking down the likes of LeBrons, not so much on our team as we have Markanen who I think has a higher ceiling overall (especially offensively) at the PF .. and since VDB isn't as a true center

He's good asset to have & develop through the tank though ... buy low sell high kinda scenario.

NUMBERICA

Y’all are turning a hustle big into some kind of folk legend. If you wanna talk about brain rot, there it is.

When a 6’ 8” 200 pound center is no longer more athletic than the guys around him, it’s gonna be ugly.

You get value while you can on players like that. Especially when you don’t have restricted free agency rights and his timeline is perfectly not compatible with what should be the Jazz’s goals.

Last thing: if y’all’s galaxy-brain plan of be the 12th seed and hope you just get better or get lucky, that’s the Kings and Knicks.

Last edited:

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Y’all are turning a hustle big into some kind of folk legend. If you wanna talk about brain rot, there it is.

When a 6’ 8” 200 pound center is no longer more athletic than the guys around him, it’s gonna be ugly.

You get value while you can on players like that. Especially when you don’t have restricted free agency rights.

He is literally the second coming of Dennis Rodman lolz.

NUMBERICA

He is literally the second coming of Dennis Rodman lolz.
He’s a real nice player if you’re trying to win a ring right now. Right now, because his incredible value is gonna vanish when he signs his next contract.

Guess what the Jazz aren’t doing for the next two years? But sure, let fruit rot on the vine. Pissing away assets is what this organization does. Glad to see us return to it.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
He’s a real nice player if you’re trying to win a ring right now. Right now, because his incredible value is gonna vanish when he signs his next contract.

Guess what the Jazz aren’t doing for the next two years? But sure, let fruit rot on the vine. Pissing away assets is what this organization does. Glad to see us return to it.

I just find it funny that a 2024 1st is just something that is a non-starter for a rotational piece.

The potential double draft and potential for Phoenix to get bit by the injury bug is why you’d do something like this.

framer

I just find it funny that a 2024 1st is just something that is a non-starter for a rotational piece.

The potential double draft and potential for Phoenix to get bit by the injury bug is why you’d do something like this
You don't even know what they were offering yet you are pissed we didn't take it. If there was ANY value at all don't you think Danny bleeping Ainge would have took it? Do you think he took the other deal just to piss in your Cheerios? Phoenix wanted stuff for nothing and to stick us with their trash. Dumping Bogan for nothing would have been better than that.