What's new

Trade Confirmed: Jazz get jack for Bogey

Olynyk at center may be better than desired for tanking, but i disagree with the notion that we didn't need another body there. Doke been shooting for Exum's injury history, Kessler is a rookie (and was injured for Summer League), god knows how much minutes and contact will he be able to absorb in his first season. Markannen and Vanderbilt aren't real centers, and Bolmaro and Fontecchio minutes should problably be given as SF, not PF (which likely would happen If Lauri and/or Vando have to play center, unless we're playing Gay above prospects, as Jhonson might be cut).

The simple wear and tear of playing the 5 at NBA suggested we needed another player there, even If that guy shouldn't be Olynyk

I really want to push you to becoming the #1 THT fan so when he is bricking threes off the side of the back board I can troll you.

I'm not as mad at the Bogey/Bev trades as I probably should be... I'm in a good mood today... I think we short changed ourselves and will leave it at that I guess.

I think there is another set of trades coming based on how andy and others are talking... but it might be like JB, Stanley, Dok, into other teams space type of deals. Lee can also be re-routed separately into someone's space. Apparently the Zeller/Potter signings haven't been made official yet so those may happen after this and other trades happen.
The thing is I'm not a THT fan. I really expect the "risk" to fail. I will be surprised if he opts out of his contract, but I would be happy because it means the Jazz developed him well and w/e contracts are being signed next year will likely look good in one or two years.

I like Saben Lee he may be part of the value here... is a steals/deflections god. Can't shoot straight yet. He has two years on his deal with the final year a team option... I will say he is worth a second in this deal... I will say the money savings is worth two seconds... and now call this deal Bogey for KO and three seconds and make peace with it.

I think he’s a waive candidate lol.

I really don’t see it as a half tank. Olynyk is not moving the needle for us.
Olynyk has been a pretty consistent positive impact player. He really makes guys like THT much better as you can really space the floor around slashers w/ a lot of different front court combinations.

I wonder what the Piston's fans are thinking. This isnt exactly good for them either, though, not bad..........just "why"?
I think it is probably good for them. They have a legit shot at making the playoffs this year and if that happens it gives them an outside shot exercise the pick owed to the Knicks which frees up future flexibility. Also if they aren't in the playoff picture they can likely move Bogey for something good at the deadline. Suddenly the Pistons have a really nice mix of youngsters and vets. I think Ivey will be in the mix for rookie of the year and you have to love the trio of Cunningham, Ivey and Bey on the perimeter.

Olynyk has been a pretty consistent positive impact player. He really makes guys like THT much better as you can really space the floor around slashers w/ a lot of different front court combinations.
I also think he's a good match with Vando and he is a giant step up from Kessler and Dok... so it moves the needle. Its like when we had Shelvin Mack at point guard then got Hill... it felt like we took like six jumps up... Being in the low 20s in wins was going to be hard with the group we had... unless we had a giant hole at center... now we have two competent vet options (vando/Kelly).

Lee gonna be the Khris Middleton throw in that ends up being awesome... Then Danny/JZ gonna look like gods again.

I don't. I think JB/Dok are more likely as they only have one year left each.
It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I would assume that it comes down to 2 of Dok, Lee, Butler, Balmaro, NAW and Johnson. At this point my preference would be Lee and probably Balmaro.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I would assume that it comes down to 2 of Dok, Lee, Butler, Balmaro, NAW and Johnson. At this point my preference would be Lee and probably Balmaro.
If they cut Lee I will be angry. Bolmaro has a couple years left on his deal so I doubt he gets cut. I think if you see JB's summer league and the fact we still have Mike, Sexton, and JC for now... he won't have a chance to get on the floor. Lee is more of a pg and is a good defender... so he brings some variety to our shooting small guard collection.

Dok was basically dragged through the mud last offseason... and Ainge has no attachment. Add in the injury stuff and its hard to see him as a project worth investing time. Kessler will get the development minutes at center... KO/Vando take the rest.

Johnson either stays or is moved into a tpe somewhere.

Lee has shown to be a good disruptive defender and put up like 31/6/6 in the g league last year. He's a good project imo.

I also think he's a good match with Vando and he is a giant step up from Kessler and Dok... so it moves the needle. Its like when we had Shelvin Mack at point guard then got Hill... it felt like we took like six jumps up... Being in the low 20s in wins was going to be hard with the group we had... unless we had a giant hole at center... now we have two competent vet options (vando/Kelly).
Man, I think KO is much much better than Shelvin. KO is a NBA playoff level rotation player.

I also think there is a chance they bite the bullet and waive Gay. He may give them like a couple million back in a buyout cuz he can get a minimum somewhere else.