What's new

Trade Confirmed: Jazz get jack for Bogey

I ****ing hate sloppy, lazy work. I will take indecisiveness over a **** deal 8 days a week. Oh man this just wreaks of all the things that should never be given weight in managerial aspects of building a team or asset management. Just total ****ing dog ****.

I'm positive the Jazz could've gotten one Laker pick and they ****ing did this. Yeah, Ainge, you sure showed those Lakers who the boss is. Great work. Incredible. Wowzers.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH okay

So if part of the calculation is "duhhh, we gotta get rid of the vets" YOU CAN DO EVEN MORE OF THAT WITH THE LAKERS DEAL HOLY ****.

I ****ing hate sloppy, lazy work. I will take indecisiveness over a **** deal 8 days a week. Oh man this just wreaks of all the things that should never be given weight in managerial aspects of building a team or asset management. Just total ****ing dog ****.

I'm positive the Jazz could've gotten one Laker pick and they ****ing did this. Yeah, Ainge, you sure showed those Lakers who the boss is. Great work. Incredible. Wowzers.
I also don't think they have the stomach for a true tank year... maybe they get bailed out by getting lucky on lotto night.

I'm convinced a lot of you don't watch the NBA, and just Jazz games.

And wth, the forum wants a full fledged tank. Ainge makes a trade saving salary, getting a decent big in return that can mentor the younger bigs and you lose your marbles.

Lol what do you all want? Make up your mind.
****ing assets, bruh? Also, KO is a better basketball fit so the net is the team is not as bad as offloading most of our best current players.

It just feels like the whole 1 year tank or limiting the number of years we're willing to be bad is screwing things up.

Our Front Office's job should be the easiest in the world right now. Take the best deals that bring back the best assets. Don't go in to the tax. That's it.

I'm convinced a lot of you don't watch the NBA, and just Jazz games.

And wth, the forum wants a full fledged tank. Ainge makes a trade saving salary, getting a decent big in return that can mentor the younger bigs and you lose your marbles.

Lol what do you all want? Make up your mind.
We want every single first round pick. Duh.

Last thing and then hopefully the time between postings is at least months, but hopefully years:

There hasn't been consensus like this on how bad a deal has been since Doke got drafted so let that sit on your tongue for the next however long.

So Larsen confirmed they had options for a late first, which was fair value, and they opted for the pseudo-salary dump.
F9R.gif

****ing assets, bruh? Also, KO is a better basketball fit so the net is the team is not as bad as offloading most of our best current players.
You're not going to get assets for every player, mang. Bogey is 33, going on 34 with a wrist that was surgically repaired.

And we already have a decent load of assets. Lee could be a surprise too. We'll be alright, no need to overreact. We know we're tanking. Just roll with it.

What an odd trade. I don't get it, other than people saying it'll save the Jazz money and they might use that for another trade. If it's just money, how much money does Smith need?

If after all of this they decide to get cold feet about THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE ENTIRE ****ING PLAN then I am finally the **** out on this ****.
If you are tanking you move value for future picks while taking back as little on court value as possible. KO will play 25-30 minutes a night and be good while he is out there. That will win a few extra games.

I need to see the follow up moves but not squeezing LA and Detroit for a couple seconds is wild... if all they do is cut Doke/JB or some others to avoid the roster crunch then there is no grand master plan here. Just kinda winging it.

I worked swing shift last night, so I slept in this morning and just barely woke up to this news. What the **** is this trade?!?! Saben Lee and Olynyk, and no draft picks?? Make it make sense. Is this really the best offer that was on the table for Bogey?? How could we not get a 1st? And why are we acquiring two players when we have too many players as it is? I'm so confused right now.

I'm seeing a lot of people here not understanding the point of this deal.

For a GM like Ainge, it's important to lose trades from time to time, to keep teams trading with you. It's hard to keep fleecing teams if everybody's too scared to trade with you.

That's all I got.

This trade is actually makes some sense. The Jazz center position was currently the worst in the entire league.
The league is actually pretty deep for 25+ teams.
Lauri is the Bogey replacement. He's probably just as good and younger.
As a business, the NBA makes a ton of money. If your team is just terrible its hard to market and make ticket sales and your viewership will drop too.
Also, just cause your team has the worst record, that doesn't make you a guarantee top 3 pick.
This trade does help them compete a bit, but not enough to actually make them good. It doesn't hurt the cap and actually saves money.
Obviously the Jazz have been shopping the roster and this must have been the deal that marks off the most boxes.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

So Larsen confirmed they had options for a late first, which was fair value, and they opted for the pseudo-salary dump.
F9R.gif
I remember back in the Gordon extension days yelling in here about how DL had not understood the cap environment and really effed up. Feels like the same thing here. Indiana and SA have found no good uses for the excess cap space this year... haven't gotten a pick for renting space or signed young player or vets as assets. The cap is rising substantially over the next 3 years... Future obligations will be much less harsh than they seem. Get the better assets now dummies.

Add in that Smith will get a **** ton of money when the league expands through the expansion fees charged to new owners... is now out of the tax... and likely will sit on any cap room if he is above the salary floor.

We did a dumb deal here... not sure we get it yet.

The route to a Westbrook deal would now be Mike, JC, Gay and maybe seconds coming back. LA keeps their precious picks in place we open up some space. They use the picks and expiring salary next year to get Kyrie.

I don't know... just spitballin