What's new

Trade Deadline

It goes on to say that another would be needed because salaries are not close

So Burke + x for Lawson.

Hahahahahaha. Are they giving us 15 1sts?

So glad this will never happen.

It goes on to say that another would be needed because salaries are not close

So Burke + x for Lawson.

Hahahahahaha. Are they giving us 15 1sts?

So glad this will never happen.

Burke + Booker for Lawson and their 1st round pick. Yes or no?

Burke + Booker for Lawson and their 1st round pick. Yes or no?

Yes. Got to take risk. If Lawson doesnt work out, you can cut him next year since he isnt guaranteed for 16-17. At worst it would be Burke for a 1st round pick.

We have a great lockerroom culture so why not take a risk acquiring 1 bad apple. The group could turn him for the better. Its not like Houston was a good culture fit with him since there are notorious party players on Houston also.

I'm with Gregbroncs. I want no part of that Lawson train wreck.

Rude have to sweeten that pot considerably for me to give up two players that I like better than him.

Yes. Got to take risk. If Lawson doesnt work out, you can cut him next year since he isnt guaranteed for 16-17. At worst it would be Burke for a 1st round pick.

We have a great lockerroom culture so why not take a risk acquiring 1 bad apple. The group could turn him for the better. Its not like Houston was a good culture fit with him since there are notorious party players on Houston also.

That being said, IDK why they would give us a 1st round pick for a guy they can just cut next year. Are they currently in the tax? I know we are one of the teams with enough cap space to absorb salaries.

Why not? There might still be a worthwhile player hiding deep inside of Lawson. Plus, we get a good mid-1st round pick. Possibly even lottery.

I don't see a worthwhile player. I see a head case and a potential locker room disaster. I tend to stay away from players like that. I want more than a late 1st round pick to take on that risk.

Any young players on the rockets that could be traded with Lawson that makes the jazz want to pull the trigger?

I can see Houston doing a three team trade, We give up Trey and Booker, Houston gives up Lawson, Howard and a pick, Third team gives up player and picks. We receive lawson and picks, Houston gets Trey, Booker an additional player and maybe a pick, the Third team gets Howard.

Now who is the Third team. Maybe Boston, Atlanta, Washington???

Why not? There might still be a worthwhile player hiding deep inside of Lawson. Plus, we get a good mid-1st round pick. Possibly even lottery.

For some reason people dont want to use being in Utah to our advantage. Great lockerroom and a city that doesnt have much nightlife.

What is the risk? Worst case scenario is he basically the same player Burke is now and we cut him next year and we get a 1st round pick.

Is Ty Lawson good defensively? I don't know if he's motivated enough defensively to be on our team....