What's new

Trade down with Suns if we don't get top 3

utahjazz107

Assuming they would give us 14, 17 and maybe 27 if they are really high on Randle.

14, we could get Nik Stauskas, Tyler Ennis
17, we could get TJ Warren, Napier, Adreian Payne
27, we could get Glenn Robinson III, Andrew/Aaron Harrison

GR3, Burke and Stauskas reunited would make Burke a lot better. Add in NBA-ready Payne for depth behind Favors and Kanter, I think our frontcourt would be set.

Plus we still have the GS pick

But none of these players will be a superstar... That's why we can't win. Why would we do this? I don't understand. At the least, Randle, Gordon, Exum, or Vonleh have a chance at being a D-Will Level All star.

You can't win in the NBA without a star, bro. The only team to do that, like ever, in the history of the league, was the pistons in 04 but they had a star coach, a really solid bench, and 5 really good starters. Plus, the Lakers were having some chemistry problems which played a part in them losing that series. Anyways, I respectfully disagree with the notion. I think its a terrible idea. We need a star with our pick... We need a star period.

But none of these players will be a superstar... That's why we can't win. Why would we do this? I don't understand. At the least, Randle, Gordon, Exum, or Vonleh have a chance at being a D-Will Level All star.

You can't win in the NBA without a star, bro. The only team to do that, like ever, in the history of the league, was the pistons in 04 but they had a star coach, a really solid bench, and 5 really good starters. Plus, the Lakers were having some chemistry problems which played a part in them losing that series. Anyways, I respectfully disagree with the notion. I think its a terrible idea. We need a star with our pick... We need a star period.

You think Randle, Exum and Gordon will be better than Kanter, Favors and Hayward? I don't think so. Randle dominated because of his size which wouldnt be much of a factor in the NBA. Exum is an international player, very risky. Gordon is overrated, watched him play Michigan and Utah, he is a pure tweener. None of these guys will be superstars or even better than most of the players on our team....the only superstars I see are Embiid, Parker and Wiggins who are locked in at the top 3. Plus staying that you can't find talent lower in the draft is ridiculous. This draft is very deeper than the draft that Paul George was taken 10th.

Jazz have plenty of cap space to get a really good player (not superstar) who you want so desperately...

You think Randle, Exum and Gordon will be better than Kanter, Favors and Hayward? I don't think so. Randle dominated because of his size which wouldnt be much of a factor in the NBA. Exum is an international player, very risky. Gordon is overrated, watched him play Michigan and Utah, he is a pure tweener. None of these guys will be superstars or even better than most of the players on our team....the only superstars I see are Embiid, Parker and Wiggins who are locked in at the top 3. Plus staying that you can't find talent lower in the draft is ridiculous. This draft is very deeper than the draft that Paul George was taken 10th.

Jazz have plenty of cap space to get a really good player (not superstar) who you want so desperately...

-They say Aaron Gordon could be a 6'9 (or grow to that size.) and even if he's not, if he ever learns to shoot, he could be a very good SF
- I am a Dante Exum guy. I think, at the very least, he's going to be Michael Carter Williams with a competent Jump Shot and less of a rebound game. Time will tell.
- So Randle is only valuable because of size? He isn't athletic or skilled?

-I can understand the idea that this draft is deep, but truth be told, The % of All stars picked outside the top 10 is extremely low.

-Bro, I think less than 20 percent of players picked outside the top 14 ever become starters? I am sorry, I can't advocate the initial notion of this thread.

No. We don't need depth, we need quality.
WE already will have 6 lottery picks on the team PLUS Gobert. At some point, the Jazz need to have ALL-STARS, not 10 good, but not special players. Draft in the top-8 and there is an EXCELLENT chance the pick has the potential to be an all-star. Trade down to 14 and 17 and the chances drop dramatically.

Assuming they would give us 14, 17 and maybe 27 if they are really high on Randle.

14, we could get Nik Stauskas, Tyler Ennis
17, we could get TJ Warren, Napier, Adreian Payne
27, we could get Glenn Robinson III, Andrew/Aaron Harrison

GR3, Burke and Stauskas reunited would make Burke a lot better. Add in NBA-ready Payne for depth behind Favors and Kanter, I think our frontcourt would be set.

Plus we still have the GS pick

article-2432922-18472EF100000578-249_634x346.jpg

We are all but guaranteed a top 6 pick in a draft with 7 or 8 really solid players.

Worst case scenario, we still end up with our first choice among Vonleh, Smart or Gordon, all of whom are better than a pick at the end of the lottery.

We don't need 3 more young players. We need one young player who can be part of a Big Three.

I heard several times that DL isn't sure bringing on three young guys to an already very young team is the wise thing to do. I doubt he would entertain this idea.

Nikkk Stauskus is the only true star in this scenario.

And if he's taken before #14, this plan turns to ****. This plan turns to ****ing ****!!!!!!!!!

Besides chemistry issues, Karl Malone was injured and couldn't play. However I think you are discounting detroit's team. Chance Billups was an all-star, Ben Wallace was defensive player of the year, Rip Hamilton was a very good player and I believe he made the all-star game and Rasheed wallace despite his antics was an all-star caliber or all-star player.

However, I agree with you there is no way the Jazz should do that besides they are not going to bring on 4 rookies. I don't even like the selections made.

No. We don't need depth, we need quality.
WE already will have 6 lottery picks on the team PLUS Gobert. At some point, the Jazz need to have ALL-STARS, not 10 good, but not special players. Draft in the top-8 and there is an EXCELLENT chance the pick has the potential to be an all-star. Trade down to 14 and 17 and the chances drop dramatically.
This
I think Minnesota proved last year that trading down isn't the right answer.

Not this...... dieng was a beast at the end of the year.
Last years draft was total crap though so its an exception

If the one thing we are lacking is a true Allstar, shouldn't we try and get one. I like Staus, but he's just a nice role player.

I can see Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, Vonleh as the most likely to be stars from this draft. Yes I'm 100% sold on Vonleh

Not that anybody would but if we ended up with the 6th pick would you be willing to trade that pick and favors to move up to top 3?

Not that anybody would but if we ended up with the 6th pick would you be willing to trade that pick and favors to move up to top 3?

Idk.

Thats a tough one for me..... i would do it for wiggins, but probably not anybody else.

I think that favors and gordon is better than just parker.

I guess if embiid was healthy i would probably do the trade too.
Good question though