What's new

Trade for Ben Simmons

Yet when this horrid Benjamin Simmons throws the ball at the cylindrical goal, whether from afar or near, it does not go in with a frequency that presupposes sound judgment. We must not exchange our draft picks and players for this mental monstrosity.

Simmons is almost a 60% FG shooter for his career. Compare that to Grant low 40’s and Barnes mid 40’s. Not to mention what else he brings that is far more elite than the other names that fans are wanting us to trade for.

Simmons is almost a 60% FG shooter for his career. Compare that to Grant low 40’s and Barnes mid 40’s. Not to mention what else he brings that is far more elite than the other names that fans are wanting us to trade for.
The simple reality is, if Philly had Simmons they’d be the #1 seed in the East. Why trade someone that good unless it’s for someone as good?

Philly holds all the power here. Anyways, it sounds like Philly is gonna let Simmons have an unpaid gap year then get Harden this summer, so Simmons is off the table.

With Joe going down for the count it really puts things into perspective for the jazz with their age and timeline. I honestly think with where we stand now in the ranks of the league we should maybe consider a changing of the guard this coming offseason. I think this is when the jazz have to decide if they think they can make it work with the Mitchell and Gobert duo or not because with Gobert’s age it’s back to another 3 year window. I am a bigger fan of Gobert than I am Mitchell but I do t think the jazz win a chip with those two.
My proposal is to trade Gobert to a team like Atlanta for Collins and picks and add that draft capital to conley and bogey and see if we can’t get a guy like Simmons.
Atlanta offered Philly Collins and 3 1st rounders and Philly said no. Philly countered with Simmons and Harris for Collins Bogdonavic and 3 1st rounders and Atlanta said no. If the Jazz were willing to take Harris and send the picks along with Conley and Bogey maybe we get Simmons. A big 3 of Mitchell, Simmons, and Collins would give us a young team with championship aspirations again.
I would also be ok with a trade of Mitchell for a Jaylen Brown and then a Conley and Bogie with some of our own picks for a third guy. Just don’t think the jazz are who we want or need to be to win it all. Not only that but it’s no fun to watch the games anymore. Really enjoyed that last season with Rubio.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

His value will never be lower. We should call Philadelphia as soon as possible.

Bogdanovic/Clarkson/30 for Simmons

Maybe Conley wants to go there and we keep pick 30 in the deal by adding Conley.

Simmons fits our timeline and he is a great defender. I know he isn’t a favorite around here but it’s definitely worth exploring.

But Benjamin David Simmons has a disarticulated, discombobulated back. His mind is chaotic and his temperament is surrounded by illness. His trepidations include taking shots. He lacks the qualities that would fortify the Jazz.