What's new

Trade for Westbrook?

Noomskull

What would it take for the Jazz to land this guy? Burke and two first round picks? I personally would love to see Russell Westbrook on the Jazz. I know he isn't a typical pass first point guard but the guy can score in bunches and get to the line at will. Pair him with Alec Burks and you have one of the most athletic backcourts in the NBA which also is solid defensively.

I know some posters here are lukewarm to the idea of trading Burke, IMO he doesn't have the fire to be a true floor general and I fear that trades are the only way we'll ever get a star on the Jazz and as we've seen, this is a league that revolves around the stars and currently the Jazz have none, albeit some very, very good pieces but we lack that star power punch.

What would it take for the Jazz to land this guy? Burke and two first round picks? I personally would love to see Russell Westbrook on the Jazz. I know he isn't a typical pass first point guard but the guy can score in bunches and get to the line at will. Pair him with Alec Burks and you have one of the most athletic backcourts in the NBA which also is solid defensively.

I know some posters here are lukewarm to the idea of trading Burke, IMO he doesn't have the fire to be a true floor general and I fear that trades are the only way we'll ever get a star on the Jazz and as we've seen, this is a league that revolves around the stars and currently the Jazz have none, albeit some very, very good pieces but we lack that star power punch.

Oh dear.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Thunder, win or lose against the Spurs, are not trading Westbrook! They need another part. Westbrook, for as out of control as he often plays, is very tough to defend! Only against the Spurs will his flaws be exposed and capitalized on! Against all the other "hip hop" teams, he eats them alive....including the Heat!

Unless the Thunder are getting an All Star back they aren't trading Westbrook. I think they might regret shipping Harden over Westbrook, but hindsight is 20/20. A team of Harden, Durant, Ibaka, and Jackson might be better than Westbrook in that mix.

Unless you have LeBron James or Chris Paul or James Harden, it's not happening.

But good job/good effort.

give them a Kanter in addition to Burke + 2 1st round picks.
You have your All Star.
I have no idea about CBA rules and I don't know if this is a do-able trade but for Westbrook you are giving them
a good center in Kanter, which they need.
a good PG in Burke.
one of (Exum/Marcus Smart/ Randle /Gordon)
McDaniels (e.g.)
not too shabby I'd say.
They may pull the trigger, most prolly won't though!

Can we lock these threads please? There is no chance the Thunder trade Westbrook. They have to do everything in their power to upgrade the roster so Durant will Re up in a few years. They need to win now. You could offer them 3 unprotected 1sts and they would turn it down. Losing Westbrook would most likely result in losing Durant as well

IF you can get Westbrook, you trade for him yesterday.

And those of you think OKC would be better with Harden over Westbrook, you're crazy. Westbrook's defense is incredible.

OKC isn't getting rid of Westbrook. They would be insane to. That would be a bigger mistake than GS getting rid of Webber.

IF you can get Westbrook, you trade for him yesterday.

And those of you think OKC would be better with Harden over Westbrook, you're crazy. Westbrook's defense is incredible.

OKC isn't getting rid of Westbrook. They would be insane to. That would be a bigger mistake than GS getting rid of Webber.

I agree with all of this.

People who would not want westbrook on the jazz are wierdos

If we're shooting for the stars...I'd rather trade any one player in our starting lineup and all the draft picks possible (this year and beyond..ALL UNPROTECTED) for Durant instead.