What's new

Trade idea for a pg of the future

I hate Rivers, but I am far from having given up on the kid.

Some of you guys are harsh. The kid is like 20% of the way through his rookie season.. sheesh.

No hate for Rivers form me. Marshall scared me to death though.

The Jazz need an elite, athletic wing scorer to combine with our bodacious front court. Then we just need a competent PG who plays defense, runs the team and hits open shots.

The Jazz need an elite, athletic wing scorer to combine with our bodacious front court. Then we just need a competent PG who plays defense, runs the team and hits open shots.

Seriously just an ELITE scorer and a very very good PG. Super simple. good call

I must know what Sam Presti asked KOC for. Go find that out for us please.

If I find out it was anything like Kanter, Hayward, and the GSW pick I will slit my wrists. Getting Calderon after that is simple enough. Complete team. /soapbox

I think if we gave up Burks, Bell and one of our back up PG's we could get Vasquez in return. I'm a big fan of getting him, he's young, big and smart. And he'd be great coming off of the bench for now and challenging Mo for the starting spot.

Just by casually looking at the trade machine. Seems like a 3way with Utah Boston and Lakers could work, sending Bell to LA Sap to Boston and Rondo to Utah. That would benefit about everyone. maybe a few throw in draft picks/other players.. but that would be something I would like to see.

Just by casually looking at the trade machine. Seems like a 3way with Utah Boston and Lakers could work, sending Bell to LA Sap to Boston and Rondo to Utah. That would benefit about everyone. maybe a few throw in draft picks/other players.. but that would be something I would like to see.

So Boston basically trades Rondo for Millsap? Why would they do that?

Would probably have to throw in a 1st-rounder too, which would be ok since it looks like neither Utah nor GS will be in the lottery.

I still don't think that it's enough to get their starting young PG who looks great right now. If I'm NO, I'd want a PG back in return as well. Perhaps get Toronto in this deal.

I've mentioned him a couple times, but most don't seem too impressed with him. I'll probably take lots of crap for who I'd give up, but I'm talking about giving up Burks for Vasquez and D miller.

NO. does it because they drafted Rivers with the ninth pick, and also have Eric Gordon. I'm sure NO thinks of them as the future starters of that team at the 1 and 2 spots. If Gordon doesn't work out they have Burks, who would be able to get more minutes to develop, and still has lots of upside.

Jazz do it because, well let's face it Burks is rotting on the bench. What good is he if he can't get a single minute. I believe Vasquez is vastly improved this year on a bad team and still has lots of room to get even better. He's a good shooter, good passer, and is improving at running an offense as a pg, he's a bigger pg at 6-4. He's shooting 36% from three, getting 12 points a game and, my favorit stat getting 8.4 assists per game. That's got to be around top 5 in assists in the NBA, and he's doing that on a crappy team.

The only question I have is, would NO do this? Does anyone know how NO values him?

I know this trade idea will provoke the Burke fans, but my view is, the jazz are more likely to push him out the door then develop him as a good sg.

Am I off my rocker, oh! I almost forgot we also get D-Miller. Burks for Vasquez doesn't work by themselves.

Thoughts, am I completely off my rocker???

who the hell is "D Miller" ??