What's new

Trade idea with Milwaukee

Justys

Jazz trade 5th pick, 23rd pick, Kanter, Burks

Bucks Trade 2nd pick, Oj Mayo (2 yrs left @ 8 mil per) , Carlos Defino (2 yrs left @ 3.25 mil per)

Jazz do it because they get their star in Parker or Wiggins, move Hayward (resigned) to starting 2, address some weakness with 3 pt shooting in Delfino/Mayo. Then I'd sign Hawes 7-8 million per for 3-4 years. Which would really open up the floor for Favors.

Jazz roll out
Burke,
Hayward, Mayo
Parker, Defino
Favors, Evans
Hawes, Gobert

Bucks hit reset button, save some money next year, get some financial flexibility and have a solid future core in place with; 5th/23rd pick, Knight, Wolters, Middleton,Giannis, Henson, Sanders, Kanter, Burks, Illasolva

Might just be enough to make both parties happy?

I like Parker and Wiggins but these guys are not for sure stars. They have major holes in their game.
Parker is horrible at defense. Needs to work on playmaking ability.
Wiggins is not a good dribbler and can't really create his own shot or for others.

Burks and Kanter is way too much to give up for these guys. I wouldn't even give up 1 of them as I think Burks and Kanter both have a lot of promise.
Kanter would of averaged 16 and 10 if he played 36 minutes per game>Shooting 50 percent from the field.
Burks would of averaged 18, 4 and 3. while shooting 45 percent from the field.

And they are both only 22 years old. These guys are young and improving each year. Parker and Wiggins have not shown they will be better then Kanter or Burks.
Trade them any amount of draft picks they want to get Wiggins or Parker, but you don't trade 2 promising young players and multiple draft picks for 1 promising young player and CRAP! OJ Mayo sucks now and is lazy. Delfino is injury prone.

Well justys IS from Utah county, which explains why he wants to sell the farm for Parker. On the plus side, we're guaranteed to have the worst record in the NBA next season so maybe that nets us Okafor.

I'm frankly surprised as justys usually has some solid ideas. Only explanation is perhaps someone switched the Caffeine-free Diet Coke with the real stuff?

Well justys IS from Utah county, which explains why he wants to sell the farm for Parker. On the plus side, we're guaranteed to have the worst record in the NBA next season so maybe that nets us Okafor.

I'm frankly surprised as justys usually has some solid ideas. Only explanation is perhaps someone switched the Caffeine-free Diet Coke with the real stuff?

The Bucks won 15 games last season Mayo is a ball hog and Delfino was hurt all year and is long in the tooth. What is not to like about this deal?

Kanter still has the potential to be a 20-10 star. Burks + 5 + 23 should be more than enough to get the #2 pick. Would they have to get Burks permission to trade him?

The Bucks won 15 games last season Mayo is a ball hog and Delfino was hurt all year and is long in the tooth. What is not to like about this deal?

I remember there was a lot of Mayo love around here last off-season. Sure glad the Jazz didn't offer him that kind of deal!

We'd be giving up too much on a gamble.

I would do one of the core and picks though, but honestly that is still a lot to move up just three spots. Think about how much ee had to give and sacrifice just to get kanter, burks, #5 pick, and #23 pick. Those were different deals, and missing the playoffs. To give it all up for incomplete players who have star potential is a huge risk. I think both Parker and Wiggins will be great, but there is still a chance Wiggins never learns to dribble, pass more efficiently, or shoot. And, there is a huge chance that Jabari is too slow to gaurd SF's, so then he'll be undersized against PF's.

I know it's not a popular idea, because he's been one of our better and more consistant players, but I would see if Favors and #5 moved the needle. MIL might bight because they'd get the rim protection they thought had in L. Sanders, which they apparently don't. Favors is athletic and can run the floor, giving his all on D, which is the kind of big man they want next to Giannis. They could also pick up another potential star at #5 like Vonleh, and be in a position to give him time to develop next to Giannis. There lineup could be:

PG - unknown
SG - unknown
SF - Giannis
PF - Favors
C - Vonleh

Those three pieces are all very long for their position (wingspan wise), and very athletic. All fuflfill a specific need for the team.

The Jazz would think about it, because it is only one core piece that they'd be giving up and a pick for a better pick. Our defense was best when Rudy was on the floor last year, and Favors' offensive game may never be adequate enough for the PF spot. If he has to play C, he is undersized. Last year, he played C, and as so his defense was a lot less effective then expected, because of size. Pairing him and Gobert in the frontcourt would be monsterous defensively, but would be a nightmare for the whole team offensively because neither can step out of the paint as a threat. Favors and Kanter might not work if Favors is forced to play the C to get the players that blow by Kanter. Gobert could easily develop into a monsterous shot blocking, rebounding and lob catching machine. His per 36 last year was 8.6 pts, 3.4 blks, and 13 REB. Pretty damn good for a rookie. If Favors is a center, Rudy might be our center of the future, as Favors per 36 only posted 16 pts, 10.4 reb, and 1.4 blks while manning the position. Those are still good #'s from basic stats, but certainly wasn't the shot blocker most expected him to be in his 4th year. A frontcourt of Kanter and Gobert has the potential to work well on both ends of the floor, because other teams are scared to drive when Gobert is close to the rim, and Kanter has the ability to step out on offense and stretch the floor. Furthermore, gobert and Kanter (at PF) are uncredible mismatches at their position. If Gobert is gaurding the rim, Kanter just needs to learn adequate positional D, which is something he can do.

I've heard that superior players (wiggins, Jabari) sometimes don't play to their full potential at this age when they are playing inferior talent.

Jazz trade 5th pick, 23rd pick, Kanter, Burks

Bucks Trade 2nd pick, Oj Mayo (2 yrs left @ 8 mil per) , Carlos Defino (2 yrs left @ 3.25 mil per)

Jazz do it because they get their star in Parker or Wiggins, move Hayward (resigned) to starting 2, address some weakness with 3 pt shooting in Delfino/Mayo. Then I'd sign Hawes 7-8 million per for 3-4 years. Which would really open up the floor for Favors.

Jazz roll out
Burke,
Hayward, Mayo
Parker, Defino
Favors, Evans
Hawes, Gobert

Bucks hit reset button, save some money next year, get some financial flexibility and have a solid future core in place with; 5th/23rd pick, Knight, Wolters, Middleton,Giannis, Henson, Sanders, Kanter, Burks, Illasolva

Might just be enough to make both parties happy?

A little unsure about it because Burks might prove to be a very Viable Second Option on a really good team.

We'd be giving up too much on a gamble.

I would do one of the core and picks though, but honestly that is still a lot to move up just three spots. Think about how much ee had to give and sacrifice just to get kanter, burks, #5 pick, and #23 pick. Those were different deals, and missing the playoffs. To give it all up for incomplete players who have star potential is a huge risk. I think both Parker and Wiggins will be great, but there is still a chance Wiggins never learns to dribble, pass more efficiently, or shoot. And, there is a huge chance that Jabari is too slow to gaurd SF's, so then he'll be undersized against PF's.

I know it's not a popular idea, because he's been one of our better and more consistant players, but I would see if Favors and #5 moved the needle. MIL might bight because they'd get the rim protection they thought had in L. Sanders, which they apparently don't. Favors is athletic and can run the floor, giving his all on D, which is the kind of big man they want next to Giannis. They could also pick up another potential star at #5 like Vonleh, and be in a position to give him time to develop next to Giannis. There lineup could be:

PG - unknown
SG - unknown
SF - Giannis
PF - Favors
C - Vonleh

Those three pieces are all very long for their position (wingspan wise), and very athletic. All fuflfill a specific need for the team.

The Jazz would think about it, because it is only one core piece that they'd be giving up and a pick for a better pick. Our defense was best when Rudy was on the floor last year, and Favors' offensive game may never be adequate enough for the PF spot. If he has to play C, he is undersized. Last year, he played C, and as so his defense was a lot less effective then expected, because of size. Pairing him and Gobert in the frontcourt would be monsterous defensively, but would be a nightmare for the whole team offensively because neither can step out of the paint as a threat. Favors and Kanter might not work if Favors is forced to play the C to get the players that blow by Kanter. Gobert could easily develop into a monsterous shot blocking, rebounding and lob catching machine. His per 36 last year was 8.6 pts, 3.4 blks, and 13 REB. Pretty damn good for a rookie. If Favors is a center, Rudy might be our center of the future, as Favors per 36 only posted 16 pts, 10.4 reb, and 1.4 blks while manning the position. Those are still good #'s from basic stats, but certainly wasn't the shot blocker most expected him to be in his 4th year. A frontcourt of Kanter and Gobert has the potential to work well on both ends of the floor, because other teams are scared to drive when Gobert is close to the rim, and Kanter has the ability to step out on offense and stretch the floor. Furthermore, gobert and Kanter (at PF) are uncredible mismatches at their position. If Gobert is gaurding the rim, Kanter just needs to learn adequate positional D, which is something he can do.

Favors is more primed to be a 5 than Vonleh, I imagine.