What's new

Trade Ideas. What do you all think?

Why is everyone wanting to sign and trade for a star. We have our stars. Incredible that people here still have no faith in this team.

There is a difference in losing faith and improving the team. I think Favors will be an all star next year. I think Gobert will be DPOY next year. I think Hayward's numbers will stay the same, but he will become more efficient. Heck, I think Exum will be a star.

That being said, if OKC would take Favors and change for Westbrook, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The Enes Kanter for Harden debacle has shown us that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. We could have had Harden. For Enes, traded for crap and a first round pick, Kanter.

I won't give away a player on this team. But if anyone offered a MVP-level player (not necessarily an All Star level player) for one of our players, I'd work out a deal.

Justys these are garbage and you know it.

What we need to do is make up with Kanter. Offer him a fair contract and promise to use him correctly. More specifically, promise him we will let him pass the ball and rake up assists like in OKC. He needs to know we wont pressure him to score every time he touches the ball.
**** Kanter. We need to kick his *** on the court for the next 3 years while he's still in the league.

You want to trade Burks for Batum? The biggest Burks hater here wants to slap you off the wagon. Is trading for Gerald Green and Kevin Spacey the next target?

I say we trade Burke, Jarrett, okc pick, 2 2nd round picks for Ty Lawson. Than sign tomic and draft oubre.

Exum Lawson. Cotton
Burks. Hood. Millsap
Hayward. Oubre. Ingles
Favs. Booker
Gobert Tomic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is everyone wanting to sign and trade for a star. We have guys that we all think are our stars already, even though not one of them has been in an all-star game yet. Who cares if that potential may never get there. Incredible that people here still want to improve this team that hasn't really accomplished anything, although they have shown promise, because obviously we are going from lottery to championship in one year with exactly the same team regardless.

There I fixed that for you.

First of all you would not want to mess with the team chemistry. This team is on the right path and they'll be better next year. Each player including G-time may improve with a strong off-season. There is this talk of getting the missing piece, a star. What if get there through internal development? I believe we have multiple future perennial all-stars within this group, possibly an MVP caliber player too.

We still need a big off the bench. Looks like both DL and Q like Tomic who is arguably the #1 center in Europe now. The problem is he's not your typical defensive big. And how he'll handle the physicality of the NBA game is a huge question mark because he's considered soft even by European standards. Acquiring him would be risky but DL likes making bold moves so we'll see.

Our #12 pick is kind of tricky. What to do with it, really? We already have young talent that we should be fed with enough PT. But we also are great at stealing draft picks.
If they don't pull the trigger on Tomic I'm fine with picking a big if one is available. If not, trade the pick for any valuable assets.
Fans always want new signings and all but I'm not sure we'll see any major trades. Yes, if John Wall is available bring him here. But we don't have any trade chips. And apparently FO and coaches are high on Dante who's bound to make a Gobertesque jump next year.

I don't like this trade. D-Will is way to spendy and just not a good PG anymore. He was great in Utah but he is broken down now plus who knows how bad he would mess up the chemistry on team.
And as far as Batum...No, just no. I grew up in portland and all of my friends hate him. He isnt elite on defense anymore and struggles bad on offense. I'm a big Burks fan, but even a Burks hater would easily say that Burks is way better than Batum.
This team really doesn't need to do any big massive trades, we have great chemistry it's all about letting our team develop.