What's new

Trade ideas

Another team that's probably feeling desperate is Phoenix, since they're all in with the Durant and Beal trades. They need a solid big at the 5, and I'm thinking that Yurtseven could be their guy. They could also use a point guard to take the ball handling pressure off of Booker. Jazz have three options in Clarkson, Sexton and THT that could help them. And actually, Kris Dunn might be ideal for them, since he defends, he sets guys up, and he doesn't need many shots.

Last edited:
Another team that's probably feeling desperate is Phoenix, since they're all in with the Durant and Beal trades. They need a solid big at the 5, and I'm thinking that Yurtseven could be their guy. They could also use a point guard to take the ball handling pressure off of Booker. Jazz have three options in Clarkson, Sexton and THT that could help them. And actually, Kris Dunn might be ideal for them, since he defends, he sets guys up, and he doesn't need many shots.
What assets do they have left?

From the Suns, I would ask them to cash out on Booker. We'd give them the 2025 Minny pick, 2027 Minny pick, the Laker pick, 2ndRP, Brice, Sexton, THT, Collins. A desperate team may do something crazy.

Key/Dunn
Booker/Clarkson
Taylor/Ochai
Lauri/KO
Kessler/Yurt

No more offensive droughts.

Last edited:
I don't know how much they value Horford (he plays 26 minutes per game, so not insignificant, but if they trade for Olynyk, what then?), but with him they could do a good salary match (Walsh and Horford works).

Celtics have absolutely nothing to give back but junk we don't want.

Olynyk is expiring. If the Jazz and he aren't mutually interested in re-signing I think the Jazz will move him for whatever. Jazz know they're not really a playoff team at this point. The schedule is about to turn more difficult and should point this out all the more clearly. This will open up more minutes for Hendricks.

I don't understand why OKC would not do whatever it takes to get Lauri. They have more picks then they can possibly utilize. When you have the right player available, package picks and get the ideal player you need to move your team to the next level.

Lauri is the perfect pick for them:
  • Height/length matchup nightmare
  • Youth/fits timeline
  • Athletic
  • High shooting % at all three levels
  • Great contract
OKC Future 1st round picks

View attachment 15627
Maybe one reason why OKC hasn't yet went all in to get Lauri
is Josh Giddey's off the court case which is PR issue ( read media problem ) for OKC.

I think OKC wants first to know is Giddey a guilty or not and what's trade market for him to get rid of his contract.
Lauri's zero experience of NBA playoffs is also one factor which can cause that OKC will not give 5 1st round picks for the jazz because Lauri is not ''battle-tested'' to playoffs.

Last edited:
is Josh Giddey's off the court case which is PR issue ( read media problem ) for OKC.

I think OKC wants first to know is Giddey a guilty or not and what's trade market for him to get rid of his contract.
Lauri's zero experience of NBA playoffs is also one factor which can cause that OKC will not give 5 1st round picks for the jazz because Lauri is not ''battle-tested'' to playoffs.

Its certainly affecting his on court play.

Is there even a case?