What's new

Trade Partner with GSW?

Gobert + Bogdanovic + #23 to GSW for Draymond, Wiggins, Paschall (DM’s BFF) + #2 (Wiseman)

Wiseman + sign Baynes/Favors
Green + Paschall
Wiggins + O’Neal
Mitchell + Ingles
Conley + Mudiay/ PG
Great deal...for GSW

Wiggins sucks and is overpaid. Draymond is past his prime. Paschal is ok but you don't trade a DPOY in his prime, a 20ppg guy and draft assets for a fringe starter. Yikes, horrendous trade idea.

If Rudy is not willing to sign his extension with us then I'd do Wiggins + #2+ the minnesota pick they owe to GS for next year. The top of this year's draft is poopy.

Rudy to GS makes sense. I don't think they trade Draymond. I don't see us wanting Wiggins so Wiggins to a 3rd team (Detroit?)

Something like:

GS gets Rudy
Detroit gets Wiggins and Conley
Jazz get #2, picks from GS, picks from Detroit, expirings to make it work

Maybe we even include a 4th team where we flip picks for an already proven player.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Rudy to GS makes sense. I don't think they trade Draymond. I don't see us wanting Wiggins so Wiggins to a 3rd team (Detroit?)

Something like:

GS gets Rudy
Detroit gets Wiggins and Conley
Jazz get #2, picks from GS, picks from Detroit, expirings to make it work

Maybe we even include a 4th team where we flip picks for an already proven player.

Assuming Detroit could take on a billion dollars in salary why would they give picks to do it... they'd get picks. If you want to move Conley it'd have to be in a separate deal.

I honestly am not sure Rudy is a great fit with GS... I think Green and Rudy would be a tough fit.

Gobert + Bogdanovic + #23 to GSW for Draymond, Wiggins, Paschall (DM’s BFF) + #2 (Wiseman)

Wiseman + sign Baynes/Favors
Green + Paschall
Wiggins + O’Neal
Mitchell + Ingles
Conley + Mudiay/ PG

Jazz aren't going to take Wiggins' or Draymond's contract. Jazz would be better off making a deal with Minny for #1, #17 and James Johnson, while sending Gobert to a 3rd team that compensates Minny.

If GSW attaches Wiggins to the deal, it kills a lot of the value of the #2 pick.

Assuming Detroit could take on a billion dollars in salary why would they give picks to do it... they'd get picks. If you want to move Conley it'd have to be in a separate deal.

I honestly am not sure Rudy is a great fit with GS... I think Green and Rudy would be a tough fit.
I think Detroit would be a good team with Conley and Wiggins. I dont think its unreasonable to think they give up a pick and some 2nd rounders for that type of talent.

If the Jazz decide that they're OK with moving on from Gobert (not saying I'm recommending it):

I'm not touching Wiggins in any trade, but do you think GS, when it comes down to it, would be OK with a trade of Gobert for Draymond + #2 pick? Or is that just a bridge too far for them?

You could play a bit at the margins of a trade like this one. Any similar small salaries on both sides could be added, including up to Looney for Davis (they may be both essentially done in the NBA). Jazz could take on a bit more extra salary, but aside from Looney, GS doesn't have much more than minimum salary to send.

With this trade, and with my rosy free-agent goggles, I'm envisioning a team like this:

FavorsWisemanBradley/Looney
DraymondRoyceMorgan/Brantley/Niang
BojanInglesNiang/Brantley/Morgan
MitchellClarksonJosh Green/other rookie
ConleyShaq HarrisonNWG/JWF/

Decisions would have to be made about how to shape the third team, but I think I could get excited to see a team like this. While it doesn't have as many two-way players as would be ideal, it certainly has a good mix of both offensive and defensive pieces. It looks like a lot of good depth and a decent mix of vets and youngsters. Maybe we'd see Quin do more mix-and-match experimentation.

I think Detroit would be a good team with Conley and Wiggins. I dont think its unreasonable to think they give up a pick and some 2nd rounders for that type of talent.

I think the Wiggins contract has significant negative value and Detroit isn't really looking to win now... so Mike is not that important.

Not interested in an argument though... I think the scenarios laid out in this thread are really really unlikely.

If the Jazz decide that they're OK with moving on from Gobert (not saying I'm recommending it):

I'm not touching Wiggins in any trade, but do you think GS, when it comes down to it, would be OK with a trade of Gobert for Draymond + #2 pick? Or is that just a bridge too far for them?

You could play a bit at the margins of a trade like this one. Any similar small salaries on both sides could be added, including up to Looney for Davis (they may be both essentially done in the NBA). Jazz could take on a bit more extra salary, but aside from Looney, GS doesn't have much more than minimum salary to send.

With this trade, and with my rosy free-agent goggles, I'm envisioning a team like this:

FavorsWisemanBradley/Looney
DraymondRoyceMorgan/Brantley/Niang
BojanInglesNiang/Brantley/Morgan
MitchellClarksonJosh Green/other rookie
ConleyShaq HarrisonNWG/JWF/

Decisions would have to be made about how to shape the third team, but I think I could get excited to see a team like this. While it doesn't have as many two-way players as would be ideal, it certainly has a good mix of both offensive and defensive pieces. It looks like a lot of good depth and a decent mix of vets and youngsters. Maybe we'd see Quin do more mix-and-match experimentation.
GSW is not trading their future in #2 pick for what is probably gonna be a one yr rental of Rudy Gobert. Don't think all the GMs are willing to consistently trade picks in the lottery for the 1-2 seasons rentals. Let alone a top 3 pick.

GSW is not trading their future in #2 pick for what is probably gonna be a one yr rental of Rudy Gobert. Don't think all the GMs are willing to consistently trade picks in the lottery for the 1-2 seasons rentals. Let alone a top 3 pick.
My thought was that they'd be more willing to extend Gobert for big bucks in order to maximize the Clay/Steph window (and since they have all kinds of money to play with). Why do you think they wouldn't be willing to do that? (Or am I ignorant on the cap rules -- can Rudy only be extended if he remains on the Jazz?)

DL's greatest accomplishment is forming the dominant GS team that destroyed the NBA. I could see him wanting to top that his second time around and build a more dominant GS team.

DL's greatest accomplishment is forming the dominant GS team that destroyed the NBA. I could see him wanting to top that his second time around and build a more dominant GS team.
Not sure if you're responding to the OP, or to my fake trade today. If it's the latter, you're saying GS would have to be crazy to not be searching for a trade like this?

I think Draymond plays a pretty key role on that team. He'd be sorely missed, even if Gobert offers the better individual return. But yes, that would have to be GS's thinking: that with Gobert (even without Draymond) and cobbling together enough low-salary ring-chasing vets, they could make a few more runs for the title.

But on the other hand, if we're not totally sold on Gobert long term (I'm kind of agnostic on this), I like the return of this trade for us, too. It allows us to retain a very competitive team over the next couple of years and I think puts us in a more hopeful long-term position than we are now.

Not sure if you're responding to the OP, or to my fake trade today. If it's the latter, you're saying GS would have to be crazy to not be searching for a trade like this?

I think Draymond plays a pretty key role on that team. He'd be sorely missed, even if Gobert offers the better individual return. But yes, that would have to be GS's thinking: that with Gobert (even without Draymond) and cobbling together enough low-salary ring-chasing vets, they could make a few more runs for the title.

But on the other hand, if we're not totally sold on Gobert long term (I'm kind of agnostic on this), I like the return of this trade for us, too. It allows us to retain a very competitive team over the next couple of years and I think puts us in a more hopeful long-term position than we are now.

I was making a joke, because DL taking all of GS's garbage a few years ago allowed GS to build their dynasty. It's DL's fault they become so good. I was just saying he'd trade Gobert to GS to make them great again, regardless of what it does to Utah.

I think the Wiggins contract has significant negative value and Detroit isn't really looking to win now... so Mike is not that important.

Not interested in an argument though... I think the scenarios laid out in this thread are really really unlikely.
You're right. Highly unlikely.

Not sure what Detroit does, but their cap space and direction is compelling.

I have thought about this Gobert destination and my conclusion was there is no way they are trading Green. I could see them offer Wiggins and #2 for Gobert.

If Green was traded I do not think the #2 would be added beside I think Green is a good player but I am not sure how he would fit the Jazz locker room.

Jazz would have to make 1 more trade to get rid of Conley then I like it more. DM needs to play the point and have the ball in his hands.