What's new

Trade proposed on ESPN

Swap in Kanter for Favors and I'd consider it, begrudgingly. I see no reason for Minnesota to do this, they would need more incentive.

Nope. I just don't think Love is the answer. If they take Millsap and trash for Love it's a go. But if we have to also include a young big then I say no. I see Favors and Kanter as a pretty good front court going forward. Kanter the offensive player with Favors the defensive guy. With both not being completely worthless on the other end of the floor.

Hell I'd probably trade Millsap and Jefferson for Love. But Favors feels like a throw in on that trade. He is worth more than a throw in and so is Kanter.

This.

Excerpt from ESPN public article below (link - https://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-121214-15/nba-top-trade-targets ):

It's a working assumption in front offices all over the league that the Jazz will trade Jefferson or Millsap for a front-line point guard at some point in the next 10 weeks. For two reasons.

1. Jefferson and Millsap will be free agents in July, meaning Utah risks losing both without compensation if they're still on the roster beyond Feb. 21.

2. Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter are the undeniable power players of the future in Utah, even though Jefferson is one of only five players this season averaging 17 and 10 -- along with Dwight Howard, David Lee, Kevin Love and Zach Randolph -- and despite Millsap's status as the most productive forward from the 2006 draft not named LaMarcus Aldridge.

The challenge is trying to determine which of the two is most likely to move … unless you expect the Jazz to surprise us again and ship out both.

The handful of teams consulted by ESPN.com this week were split. Some nominate Millsap because he's not at Jefferson's All-Star level. Some nominate Jefferson because Millsap's skill set theoretically meshes better with Favors and Kanter.

Excerpt from ESPN public article below (link - https://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-121214-15/nba-top-trade-targets ):

It's a working assumption in front offices all over the league that the Jazz will trade Jefferson or Millsap for a front-line point guard at some point in the next 10 weeks. For two reasons.

1. Jefferson and Millsap will be free agents in July, meaning Utah risks losing both without compensation if they're still on the roster beyond Feb. 21.

2. Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter are the undeniable power players of the future in Utah, even though Jefferson is one of only five players this season averaging 17 and 10 -- along with Dwight Howard, David Lee, Kevin Love and Zach Randolph -- and despite Millsap's status as the most productive forward from the 2006 draft not named LaMarcus Aldridge.

The challenge is trying to determine which of the two is most likely to move … unless you expect the Jazz to surprise us again and ship out both.

The handful of teams consulted by ESPN.com this week were split. Some nominate Millsap because he's not at Jefferson's All-Star level. Some nominate Jefferson because Millsap's skill set theoretically meshes better with Favors and Kanter.

Thanks for posting that. In my mind I believe that one of those two will be traded (if not both), but in my heart I doubt that it happens.

I think the Jazz would be quicker to move Millsap if a decent opportunity arises. Jefferson's skill set is more unique, and both Favors and Kanter can produce at PF. I know this is contrary to the sentiment on this board, but realistically Millsap isn't stopping many players with his defense or facilitating the offense out of the post these days either. Millsap should really be a tweener 6th man on this team, but another team will probably give him a David West role and contract. Millsap's trade value probably isn't going to go up much more.

Still, if the Jazz want to keep Jefferson, they ought to be discussing an extension by now.

Somehow I'm getting this sickening feeling we are not going to trade any of them, and that the Jazz will resign one of them for big bucks. Please someone reassure me this isn't possibly going to happen.

Somehow I'm getting this sickening feeling we are not going to trade any of them, and that the Jazz will resign one of them for big bucks. Please someone reassure me this isn't possibly going to happen.

I wish I could but I have the same sickening feeling.

I would hope KOC or Lindsey would grow a pair and trade one. Doesn't have to be both, and I'm perfectly fine with keeping one, but both Favors and Kanter have shown that they are competent.

I would hope KOC or Lindsey would grow a pair and trade one. Doesn't have to be both, and I'm perfectly fine with keeping one, but both Favors and Kanter have shown that they are competent.

And deserve more than 15 minutes a game (if they even get that many minutes).