What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I know the rumours are that the Jazz wanna keep Clarkson and that Conley may be dealt at the deadline, depending on the circumstances. I also know things can change, but both Conley and Clarkson are very good dudes and have been good teammates and a credit to the team and the city during their time here. The Jazz may yet fall out of the playoff race, but if it comes down to trading either or both, I think the Jazz should do them a solid and send them to at least a decent playoff team.

I'm particularly talking about the Lakers here. I don't think they figure it out, and I don't think the Lakers are any better than the team that won 33 games last year. I'd hate to see Mike(who'd be a huge upgrade on Westbrook as still stand) sent to a team like that.
With the most recent Kyrie BS I have wondered if Nets would do Kyrie for Mike/KO… Ky routed to LA with Malik for the coveted two first round picks. Nets get stability… LA gets their star… plus one more shooter. Utah gets Russ and the picks.

LA is losing ground fast though and I’m not sure they can wait for KO to be trade eligible.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Shams says the Jazz have a list of suiters for Clarkson and Beasley and that they're getting calls every day about both guys. He thinks they're going to ride things out for 20-25 games and see where they stand, and then if they want to they can start flipping guys around January.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfxTRTyb5_4

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Shams says the Jazz have a list of suiters for Clarkson and Beasley and that they're getting calls every day about both guys. He thinks they're going to ride things out for 20-25 games and see where they stand, and then if they want to they can start flipping guys around January.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfxTRTyb5_4

Not surprised. Both guys have been balling. Value has increased substantially for both.

Coach Ellis

Not surprised. Both guys have been balling. Value has increased substantially for both.
If you’re going to make a trade, it’s important to strike when the opportunity is best. Right now, both guys have looked great - but I’d still be open to moving one or both to add good assets and cap space next offseason.

framer

With the most recent Kyrie BS I have wondered if Nets would do Kyrie for Mike/KO… Ky routed to LA with Malik for the coveted two first round picks. Nets get stability… LA gets their star… plus one more shooter. Utah gets Russ and the picks.

LA is losing ground fast though and I’m not sure they can wait for KO to be trade eligible.
If Kyrie could be had for that, I would rather just keep him. In that case I would try to send Malik to the Nets instead of KO though. Kyrie, I belive, is a decent human who says incredibly stupid things. A lot less of an opportunity to do that in Utah.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
If Kyrie could be had for that, I would rather just keep him. In that case I would try to send Malik to the Nets instead of KO though. Kyrie, I belive, is a decent human who says incredibly stupid things. A lot less of an opportunity to do that in Utah.

No thanks. Kyrie is a scumbag and is not worth the constant headache. He's the last player in the league I would want on the Jazz.

TheStormofWar

Watched a FanDuel vid and Shams mentioned the Jazz have suitors for Clarkson and Beasley, but they are going to ride things out for the next little bit to see where they are before doing anything.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Nah man… he’s an invasive cancer. He’s says his dumb **** because he thinks he’s the smartest dude in the room. That doesn’t stop with conspiracy theories and religion. Goes to coaching and basketball strategy too… he’s toxic and can’t even keep his shot together for 10 games in a contract year.

Eminence

Do folks around here like Kuminga or Wiseman as prospects?

I could see the Warriors looking for guys readier to play now and we have plenty of guys in that salary range, though I don't think they'd be looking for more guards. Markkanen/Olynyk/Vanderbilt mainly.