What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

What kind of a return do you think LeBron could get?
He is still playing great, but has also stated a few times that he wants to be on the same team as his son. That makes me think he won't try to force a trade until after his son is drafted and then he will insist on only that one team.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Some other guys I would call on: Tre Jones, Keldon Johnson, Devin Vassell, Jalen McDaniels, Cam Reddish
Cam Reddish seems like the perfect player on paper (size 6 foot 8 inches and 218 pounds, ability, athleticism wise) and would probably be super cheap to acquire. I would try to get him and see what he can do if he is really easy/cheap to get. only 23 years old.
Pretty efficient this year with plenty of room to be more efficient of course. 45% from the field. 88% from the line. Only 30.4 from 3 though.

YoungJefe

Cam Reddish seems like the perfect player on paper (size 6 foot 8 inches and 218 pounds, ability, athleticism wise) and would probably be super cheap to acquire. I would try to get him and see what he can do if he is really easy/cheap to get. only 23 years old.
Pretty efficient this year with plenty of room to be more efficient of course. 45% from the field. 88% from the line. Only 30.4 from 3 though.
Reddish is a dude that always flashes but just hasn't put it together. They reportedly only want 2 2nd round picks though.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I think the overwhelmingly likely outcome would be that we figure out that Sexton is who we think he is now, and it doesn't change much. At the same time, I would also not dismiss the chance that Sexton improves his stock and that becomes a nice bonus for the franchise as future player for us an improved asset. If we get to a spot were we're making draft decisions to fit around Sexton that must mean Sexton has greatly improved his stock.
I agree... in my mind its like 30% positive outcomes, 60% neutral outcomes, 10% negative.

With Conley the evaluation imo is:

- what can we get for him now?
- what can we get for him this summer?
- what are his preferences?
- what team dynamics does this change with Sexton, Lauri, Kessler, JC, etc.?
- what info do we get from a 30 game sample from some of these guys?

With Sexton I could see having a good 30 game run as a starter and increasing his value if you looked to move him. I don't think we are planning around him... I just think there are some guys we could pick and they are good to have because they allow for flexibility (like accommodating flawed players like Sexton).

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Reddish is a dude that always flashes but just hasn't put it together. They reportedly only want 2 2nd round picks though.
I would do that easy. Plus it seems like guys his size is a size we are lacking. Lots of smaller wings and point guards. Need bigger wings and another actual big imo.

Last edited:

sip

Some other guys I would call on: Tre Jones, Keldon Johnson, Devin Vassell, Jalen McDaniels, Cam Reddish

Jalen will be an unrestricted and should be someone we look into in the offseason depending on how we draft. Same will probably go for Reddish unless he gets traded to a team that is willing to give him a serious look and starts breakout.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I'd rather give his PT to Ochai... though he could play at the same time. The price is likely so low that why the eff not but I'm not sure he's a great worker and seems kinda entitled. He's been in too rough situations.