What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I think you could spin White off in a separate deal. Whether he is small or not its a rough fit. It sounds like JC ain't getting moved. You might use White as the incentive to dump Rudy Gay's contract.

The problem with the Chicago deal is it’s the worst of the proposed ones as far as winning now goes. It’s a step towards a rebuild. Not sure why you don’t just move Donovan now if you do the Chicago deal.

A workable alternative deal for me depends on what you can get for Vuc and what other draft comp they put in. No Williams... okay we want Ayo, another future first unprotected (I assume 19 is already in the deal), and we are dumping Gay on you.

I think the jazz should hold out for Williams on a deal with Chicago. No Williams no deal… They just can’t provide a good enough package without him. He needs to be the centerpiece of it.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Chicago fans seem to think the package should be Williams/Vucevic/White/18 which is pretty reasonable from their side surprisingly. They’d obviously rather not give up Williams.

I’m good with this package. I like White and I think Williams will be really good.

The problem with the Chicago deal is it’s the worst of the proposed ones as far as winning now goes. It’s a step towards a rebuild. Not sure why you don’t just move Donovan now if you do the Chicago deal.
Trading Rudy means they're not trying to win now, I think, but in a couple years when Mitchell hits his peak. it's a logical move imho

I guess that’s kind of exactly why I like it more: it’s (way) better positioned for a rebuild.

I guess that’s kind of exactly why I like it more: it’s (way) better positioned for a rebuild.

Exactly . This is the type of move we need to do because Mitchell is not staying here long. This is our best package from a Rudy trade to start a rebuild.

If there was anyway to get the 4 pick from Sac without using Mitchell…. Ivey is gonna be

You also show Ryan and Donovan... look here is a good defensive wing and a 5 out center... how'd that pairing work vs the Rudy/Don pairing? You'd have covered some of the data points and maybe it worked and was awesome... if it failed you could move forward with a rebuild pretty comfortable that you experimented enough.

I still think it's likely that the Gobert trade involves more than 2 teams to balance things.

The Kings need more wing depth and could absorb Royce's $9.2M without sending salary back. They have the 37th/49th picks
This type of deal could be really good. It would need to be a pick at least in the 30s. If you pull Royce's salary off the books completely and add a second rounder with their minimum it saves like $8M and allows some room to work. Sign House to a minimum and give him Royce's minutes and I'm not sure you are that much worse. Get a flier on an okay prospect.

Another deal would be Royce for Danny Green and #23. Danny likely misses the entire season next year. I think they would have to guarantee his $10M next year... but you could waive and stretch it and end up saving $4M when you account for the rookie salary.