What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

IMO, Detroit trading for Duren on draft night changed Ayton's free agency significantly.
Even though like WC said S&T with Utah is hard, I still think they manage to work some cap magic out and both sides discuss it heavily. Just seems like a perfect trade for both side's goals.

I really wish that Conley could somehow be turned into John Collins. Would take a 3rd or even 4th team, but I think adding him would do so much for our team.

Don moves to PG.
Bojan can play some SF.
When Rudy sits, we can try some small ball.
We add much needed youth and athleticism.

From there, we just look to add as many perimeter defenders as possible through free agency and even trades.

We don't have to trade Rudy, but we would have to make a bold addition like this if we want to keep Don and Rudy together.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I really wish that Conley could somehow be turned into John Collins. Would take a 3rd or even 4th team, but I think adding him would do so much for our team.

Don moves to PG.
Bojan can play some SF.

From there, we just look to add as many perimeter defenders as possible through free agency and even trades.

We don't have to trade Rudy, but we would have to make a bold addition like this if we want to keep Don and Rudy together.

I'd love for that to happen. Who would we start at SG?

It's sounding from Hawks fans and sources that the Hawks want to trade for Ayton as a higher priority than Gobert. Gobert seems to be their Plan B.

Once the Ayton situation is resolved, the market should start moving again for Gobert. Phoenix may also get Ayton to sign for less than the max, which is what other teams are reportedly offering right now.
The Hawks seem to be all over the place with Rudy, Murray, Ayton, etc.

I'd want Ayton over Gobert if I was interested in running a post centric offense. I would not want Ayton over Gobert if my best player was a PNR guard.
I think that it's also pretty telling the Suns would rather move on from Ayton then pay him. While if we move Rudy there are a lot of non-basketball related factors that played a role in it.

Ayton’s deal will be a millstone in his next stop. He’s kinda like Wiggins to me… you have a culture and leadership then he can fall in line… if not he’ll put up some stats but end up not changing how much you actually win. I don’t want him here in our **** show… it will be bad bad.

Even with all of the hurdles regarding the cap I have figured out the deal we could do regarding Ayton/Gobert that works.

First and foremost if we just traded Gobert alone we can take back at maximum 47.6M worth of salary back.

The minimum Phoenix could send us in a deal to make it work is 30.54M.

Both of these are important because Ayton counts as half salary outgoing from Phoenix but full salary incoming to Utah.

According to Bobby Marks, Ayton’s first year of his max contract is 30.5M.

Phoenix needs to meet 30.5M worth of salary to be able to get Gobert.

Ayton will count as 15.25M outgoing.

Crowder is 10.18M

Craig is 5.12M

This meets the threshold Phoenix needs to send by less than 20K but it works! It also is under the 47.6M threshold we can take back by about 800K.

Now, we’d be hard capped at the apron which is 153M (4M above the luxury tax). This could change they haven’t officially announced it yet I don’t believe.

Waiving Juancho, renouncing Paschall/Forrest/House/Whiteside puts us at 148M pre-Rudy/Ayton trade.

Adding Ayton/Crowder/Craig while subtracting Rudy puts us at 155.6M with 12 players.

All we would need to do is shed 2.6M worth of salary in a different trade to be under the apron. If we traded Royce and took only 2.5M worth of salary back we could duck not only the apron but the tax as well.

Ayton’s deal will be a millstone in his next stop. He’s kinda like Wiggins to me… you have a culture and leadership then he can fall in line… if not he’ll put up some stats but end up not changing how much you actually win. I don’t want him here in our **** show… it will be bad bad.
Agreed. If we're going to trade Rudy I'd prefer that we add multiple guys including a good young wing so we can start to rebuild our depth.

All we would need to do is shed 2.6M worth of salary in a different trade to be under the apron. If we traded Royce and took only 2.5M worth of salary back we could duck not only the apron but the tax as well.
I understand Ryan wanting to get under the tax line but man it's sad, I thought a billionaire fan boy that was "committed to winning" was going to spend.

Don moves to PG.
Bojan can play some SF.

Don and Mike don't work defensively and Mike has had some rough outings in the playoffs but we're stuck in a weird place. Ideally we can move him and add a versatile wing player into the starting 5. But in doing so we're also giving up a ton of playmaking which hurts even more since we lost Ingles too and really don't have a ton of playmaking as it is.

I don't want Ayton, and I'm fairly certain Ainge won't either. We are targeting Williams and Hunter for a reason. Wings

Yeah we reportedly weren't interested in Capela or Vuc either, I think he knows he can get a serviceable replacement for fairly cheap. Someone like Mitchell Robinson/Isaiah Hartenstein/Nic Claxton in free agency or Nerlens Noel.

If we moved Conley for KCP/Smith which is most conservative outcome of a Washington deal (I’d love to get Deni or Rui) that would save us 3.9M and we’d be under the apron by 1.3M and above the luxury tax by 2.7M.

Donovan
KCP
Crowder
Bogey
Ayton

Clarkson/Royce/Craig off the bench.

An Ayton/Crowder/Craig package for Rudy is about as best case scenario as we could ask for. Get two wing defenders and a young big to pair Donovan with and it increases our timeline.

In an ideal world I'd...
Trade Rudy to Atlanta for John Collins, Kevin Huerter, AJ Griffin
Trade Conley to Dallas for Bullock, Powell
Use our Ingles TPE to take on Nerlens Noel

Don - Huerter - Bojan - Collins - Noel

w/ Clarkson, Bullock, Royce, AJG, and Powell off the bench

If we moved Conley for KCP/Smith which is most conservative outcome of a Washington deal (I’d love to get Deni or Rui) that would save us 3.9M and we’d be under the apron by 1.3M and above the luxury tax by 2.7M.

Donovan
KCP
Crowder
Bogey
Ayton

Clarkson/Royce/Craig off the bench.
I hope we find a way to get under the tax and offer Kyle Anderson our full MLE.