What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Except, Gobert was $40 million a year and Ayton maxed would be $25 from how I understand it. Its a much more doable number for a top level center imho.
Not sure that's right (via SB Nation):

Phoenix can offer Ayton a max contract of $177 million over five years. Here’s. how the contract would break down, via ESPN’s Bobby Marks:

• 2022-23 | $30.5 million
  • 2023-24 | $32.9 million
  • 2024-25 | $35.4 million
  • 2025-26 | $37.8 million
  • 2026-27 | $40.3 million
It's slightly different for S&T scenarios, but the max would start at over $30 million and would be over $35 million by year four. See this good explanation:

Last edited:
Three years ago, the OKC Thunder traded Paul George to the LA Clippers for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari and 5 FRPs.

If I were the Jazz, I'd put a deal on the table with Mitchell for Ayton, Cam Johnson, 2 picks and 2 swaps from PHX. Then I'd give NYK 2 hours to offer the keys to the city.

Last edited:
Ayton in SnT won't be as cheap as people think, IMO. Just check what other SnT deals usually get.

Brogdon for example netted MKE a 1st and 2 seconds. I would assume Ayton would be more expensive. So we are very likely talking starting price of 2 x 1sts? Should we give up that for Ayton?

Let's wait what's gonna happen in the next hours. I'm in with Don staying and make a run adding one or 2 others pcs. But i'm fine too if Danny find a fantastic deal for him. Players pass, team stay.

For Rudy, i do think we will be ****ed up as chance of Minny pick beeing high are pretty low. They have a very great starting 5. For me, top 4 at West. Time will tell.

How do you guys feel about Conley+Bojan+Rudy Gay for Westbrook+2 1sts from the Lakers?

Westbrook would be a great tank commander, but I'm pretty sure we could get more for Bogey and Conley than whatever LA could give us. I also don't think we need to be in a rush to offload Gay if we are already under the luxury tax.

How do you guys feel about Conley+Bojan+Rudy Gay for Westbrook+2 1sts from the Lakers?
I think you are on to something here, but the Nets don't want Russ though. What about:

Lakers get Kyrie and Gay
Nets get Conley and Bojan
Jazz get Russ and draft picks

We could even expand the trade to send Brooklyn Clarkson and they send Joe Harris to LA.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Westbrook would be a great tank commander, but I'm pretty sure we could get more for Bogey and Conley than whatever LA could give us. I also don't think we need to be in a rush to offload Gay if we are already under the luxury tax.
Maybe better pick in terms of year, but getting an expiring and two firsts for Bogey, Conley and Gay would be good value for Utah if we're in tank mode.

Not sure that's right (via SB Nation):

It's slightly different for S&T scenarios, but the max would start at over $30 million and would be over $35 million by year four. See this good explanation:
So, still a lot cheaper than Gobert. And obviously younger with a much more polished offensive game.

Ayton in SnT won't be as cheap as people think, IMO. Just check what other SnT deals usually get.

Brogdon for example netted MKE a 1st and 2 seconds. I would assume Ayton would be more expensive. So we are very likely talking starting price of 2 x 1sts? Should we give up that for Ayton?
I was hearing Bogey and a first.