What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

We signed Paris Bass twice, so this probably doesn’t mean anything until we waive him again.
We like traded for him too or something... How many Paris Bass' are there? Why we keep playing games with him? Is he getting a few checks in the mail and not telling anyone?

Maybe they will keep signing and waiving him until he gets the reaction they feel he deserves.

Oh wow we waived Sneed? I thought he had some moments in SL.

I wonder if the Jazz plan on cutting Jared Butler then signing him as a 2-way? Is that possible?

Either way, the Jazz now have an open 2-way slot.

This may mean that Snead and Bass are going to the G-league. I guess is bodes well for Johnny Juzang, and probably the acquisitions of Agbaji and Johnson made Snead expendable.
Snead was a 2-way player, they arent really affected by who you have on your roster. You just want the best possible prospects.

I wonder if the Jazz plan on cutting Jared Butler then signing him as a 2-way? Is that possible?

Not sure on JB... I suppose you could do that if he cleared waivers. I don't think we waive anyone unless we really had the trade market for our vets right now.

Maybe they will keep signing and waiving him until he gets the reaction they feel he deserves.
I think what happened is now that executives use an app to make transactions, DA was a little groggy at night and was in the wrong app and thought he kept ordering “Paris’ ***” and thus every morning JZ gets into work and has to clean up the mess. Hence we signed him, then JZ took care of it, then we traded for him, JZ cleaned it up, then we signed him again, and JZ now waiving him.

This is all on JZ. He needs to be proactive before DA’s next Paris craving. Or maybe it’s Ryan’s fault.

If the plan is to hold onto the vets until the right deal comes along then you have to waive someone and Jared Butler is 100% the most waivable contract on the team.
I think they plan on executing a deal. I think JB and Stanley could both be traded into a TPE rather than waived. Once you waive them the money is on the books and we need some breathing room to ensure we avoid the tax.

I think what happened is now that executives use an app to make transactions, DA was a little groggy at night and was in the wrong app and thought he kept ordering “Paris’ ***” and thus every morning JZ gets into work and has to clean up the mess. Hence we signed him, then JZ took care of it, then we traded for him, JZ cleaned it up, then we signed him again, and JZ now waiving him.

This is all on JZ. He needs to be proactive before DA’s next Paris craving. Or maybe it’s Ryan’s fault.
I think they can text small transactions into the league office... so I imagine Danny is the old guy doing talk to text...

Danny: Hey siri text wife "show me some ***"

Siri: Waiving Paris Bass

Danny: No siri... damnit.

Don't know for sure if it's possible; guessing it may not be. If it is possible it's an interesting idea. I don't see sending Stanley Johnson or Dok into a TPE as being as likely as some people do (Jazz desperately need front court depth).

I'd like to know the details of the luxury tax situation a bit better, but I don't think (at this point) that we're in realistic danger of exceeding it, so it's not like we HAVE to send someone out in a deal that somehow saves money.