What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I'm out of the loop on the latest conspiracies, why are we worried about roster spots again? If a trade is agreed upon, that problem would be fixed in no time. There's no point in keeping a roster spot open versus signing a guy to a camp deal.

I'm out of the loop on the latest conspiracies, why are we worried about roster spots again? If a trade is agreed upon, that problem would be fixed in no time. There's no point in keeping a roster spot open versus signing a guy to a camp deal.
It can be fixed easily... I think adding to a crowded roster says something is on the horizon.... I mean we all know something is on the horizon of course but having 19 guys and doing a 1 for 2 trade (like the Bogey trade will be) means you cut Zeller... nbd obvi but would be weird to bring him in for a week or so and cut him. It could be something much smaller like trading Johnson or JB into a TPE or space.

There isn't much to see here but some folks having a little fun with adding guys to an already full roster. The big crunch comes for the regular season.

I'm thinking a trade a palooza happens in the next couple of days involving several teams and many players. OKC is in the same boat as the Jazz with too many guaranteed Ks. They are looking hard to dump Favors and his 10 million salary on someone.

Can someone summarize the Pacer **** Block theory for me? How was THT coming to the Jazz block the Pacers from getting the 2 unprotected draft picks. Was THT REALLY that big of a factor to stop it from happening?

Can someone summarize the Pacer **** Block theory for me? How was THT coming to the Jazz block the Pacers from getting the 2 unprotected draft picks. Was THT REALLY that big of a factor to stop it from happening?
Pacers could have traded Turner alone for THT and a first. Without THT the only way for the Pacers to get a Laker pick was to swallow Westbrook.

Pacers could have traded Turner alone for THT and a first. Without THT the only way for the Pacers to get a Laker pick was to swallow Westbrook.
This but also we kinda blocked ourselves. Only reason they can dream of having 30m+ in space is because we gave them an expiring contract attached to a useful play for nothing. Maybe it shut the door on the Pacers for a minute but it also removed one of the potential benefits dealing with us.

I just hope something happens by Friday which would give guys like Bog a chance to be with their new team on the first day of training camp.

Hardy doesn't need the distraction hanging over the team during camp either.
In some ways I hope it doesn't happen until the the trade deadline the complete unloading of vets. Reason at this point is I cannot see anyone giving up good enough assets without having to eat worse players. I don't think Ainge is going to accept a full rebuild including each and every role player on top of the two stars being dealt.
I also think this team as is, with Sexton at the 1, and a healthy Conley mentoring him ,with good shooting options around him. At least unlike most of his time in a Cavs uni, or how it will be this season if they dump Bogs and JC,will provide plenty of evidence he was worth trading for and undervalued by Cleveland because of their fixation on a more accomplished guard, who offers little more overall as a player besides those playoff fails

Maybe this will impact a potential Jazz trade with the Suns.
If anything I think it complicates it. They would need to add to the LT bill and may not want to spend or have that liability on the books when he sells the team. Who knows I guess... technically he is banned so shouldn't have input I guess.

I just hope something happens by Friday which would give guys like Bog a chance to be with their new team on the first day of training camp.

Hardy doesn't need the distraction hanging over the team during camp either.
The way this has happened with not knowing who you will have for planning and schemes has already put this coaching staff at a huge disadvantage from a planning standpoint. I suppose if all you want to do is lose that is fine.

This but also we kinda blocked ourselves. Only reason they can dream of having 30m+ in space is because we gave them an expiring contract attached to a useful play for nothing. Maybe it shut the door on the Pacers for a minute but it also removed one of the potential benefits dealing with us.
Can't wait to see Jazzfanz when the Jazz extend THT to a multi year contract. They wanted him. Screwing with the Pacers was a side benefit.

Hearing that a Lakers trade is very likely to happen over the next few days.
The combination of events make it likely.

1. Training camp pending
2. Laker's postponing their press conference until next Monday
3. Pacer's removing Turner from the trade block
4. My screen saver coming up cackblacked
5. Bogie not currently practicing with the team
6. Westbrook hanging out in Lake Powell
7. 19 rostered players
8. Seamen all over ports everywhere