What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Man how dumb are the Suns? they really should have seen that Jae wasn't gonna be there. Crowder/saric and a pick for Bojan is still a great deal for them... lets see what they get but man pickins gonna be slim.
lukewarm take: If the deal is a lottery protected strictly 2023 1st (rather than top-25 protected) that turns into seconds otherwise and don't demand Vanderbilt then I think it would've gotten done.

lukewarm take: If the deal is a lottery protected strictly 2023 1st (rather than top-25 protected) that turns into seconds otherwise and don't demand Vanderbilt then I think it would've gotten done.
I think that deal obviously gets done. I actually think the Sun's have a plan B to blow things up should the season start bad. Problem is that the Jazz and Spurs sucked all of the cream out of the Twinkie by beating them to the punch. They are in a bad spot. Not getting Bogey was pretty much malpractice for them at this juncture though. If I was a Sun's fan I would have been pissed.

I think that deal obviously gets done. I actually think the Sun's have a plan B to blow things up should the season start bad. Problem is that the Jazz and Spurs sucked all of the cream out of the Twinkie by beating them to the punch. They are in a bad spot. Not getting Bogey was pretty much malpractice for them at this juncture though. If I was a Sun's fan I would have been pissed.
I mean in that case they don't convey the 1st. But Bogey could actually be the difference between a mid-season blow up or not.

The Suns are not blowing anything up. They would trade Ayton if anything. They are not in a bad spot at all. Another reason why heavily protecting their 2023 1st is just weird.

A ****ing role player crying his *** off and refusing to show up to training camp because he might lose his starting role is the lamest **** ever.

Glad I never stanned for Crowder.
He is definitely no Ginobili. Apparently starting matters more to Crowder than winning. They should send him to the Thunder or Kings. He can start there for sure. But I am sure the extension part was the bigger deal.

Last edited:
He signed a two way with the TWolves. That is a symptom of how little depth the Jazz had last season. He and Forrest sign two ways with no regular deals offered.
I do think the league has gotten really deep as a whole. There seems to be a ton of guys on the roster bubble that wouldn't be in the past. Its a good reason to maybe pair down the roster and leave a spot open to churn through some prospects.

Absolutely no way. $20M a year for three more years, persistent knee issues, no thanks.

Not saying Lonzo doesn't have some pluses, but that contract is looking like an albatross at the moment.
Maybe not 2, but definitely a late first, no question.

The Suns are not blowing anything up. They would trade Ayton if anything. They are not in a bad spot at all. Another reason why heavily protecting their 2023 1st is just weird.
I mean you can say that but what they are DOING is screaming something else. That club is going to be a wreck once Chris Paul moves on.