What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I wondered the same thing.
Based on his pod one team is likely Milwaukee... he wouldn't say directly but later slipped and said Bucks are the team he's heard most with Jae. Grayson Allen out is my guess... not sure which third team is involved though.

The positive of the Jazz starting to play Sexton more is hopefully they can raise his trade value. Jazz need to move away from small guards.
yeah and maybe THT can be flipped soon too lol
Playing Sexton more out of position is not going to raise his trade value. They are not using him to his strengths at all right now proving they are in it for the long haul, wheras THT is allowed to play to his strengths everytime he plays. Thats tell me THT is far more likely traded if either are.

yeah and maybe THT can be flipped soon too lol
Playing Sexton more out of position is not going to raise his trade value. They are not using him to his strengths at all right now proving they are in it for the long haul, wheras THT is allowed to play to his strengths everytime he plays. Thats tell me THT is far more likely traded if either are.
Wuttt

Quickley has had a rough time shooting the ball this year, but his rebounds and steals are way up. If he can get his shooting in line with where his career has been he's a great player. He's really turned into a grinder, and maybe most importantly he remains the +/- god. It can't be an accident:

1668789724436.png

Quickley and Collins trade rumors today. I think getting them now would be getting them at their lowest.
The article was about Phoenix and I really love the line used… Suns are interested in Collins however they have no interest in his long term contract… okay well then that’s gonna be hard to get his services lol.

It’s just hilarious that Bogey was staring em in the face and they gave a garbage offer apparently. I also liked that they wouldn’t move from a 4/66M offer for Cam. Well he’s getting 4/80 next year even with the meniscus… there is a **** ton of space out there next year… Suns have a hard time cuz all they want is good players that are super cheap… is that too much to ask?

Quickley has had a rough time shooting the ball this year, but his rebounds and steals are way up. If he can get his shooting in line with where his career has been he's a great player. He's really turned into a grinder, and maybe most importantly he remains the +/- god. It can't be an accident:

View attachment 13381
I’d like him more if we didn’t have Sexton, Conley, JC. I honestly think Toppin Quickley and yes the untouchable Grimes are some of the best young guys you could buy low on. Young players buried on depth charts are a good opportunity… all of them have shown promise.

I didnt like Quickley when he burned us in the 4th quarter, but I sort of like the thought of adding him. He does pass the ball and shows some effort.

I’d like him more if we didn’t have Sexton, Conley, JC. I honestly think Toppin Quickley and yes the untouchable Grimes are some of the best young guys you could buy low on. Young players buried on depth charts are a good opportunity… all of them have shown promise.

I think he's just a good player we should get regardless of the team structure....but if we're getting Quickley we shoudl move Conley or JC. We probably ought to do that anyways. I love the timing of Quickely's contract too. He's still on a rookie deal, but can sign an extension in the summer. In an ideal world, he gets here, loves it, and wants to sign long term. But he won't have enough time to get on a huge contract so we can maybe get him on a discount.

Toppin I'm not sure we can buy low on, but I would love to get him. Collins seems like a more realistic trade option with a similar skillset. Grimes is allegedly the greatest prospect of all time so we can't get him.

The Wizards also got trade one of their combo forwards. I'm sure they want to sign Kuzma, but they've also done a ton of branding around Rui. Rui is probably at a low value point. He's not very good though.

The article was about Phoenix and I really love the line used… Suns are interested in Collins however they have no interest in his long term contract… okay well then that’s gonna be hard to get his services lol.

It’s just hilarious that Bogey was staring em in the face and they gave a garbage offer apparently. I also liked that they wouldn’t move from a 4/66M offer for Cam. Well he’s getting 4/80 next year even with the meniscus… there is a **** ton of space out there next year… Suns have a hard time cuz all they want is good players that are super cheap… is that too much to ask?

The Bogey trade was still mystifying to me, and I was someone who has always been high on Kelly. I just didn't think it made sense for the Jazz to go for wins at the time. PHX and NYK were infinitely more reasonable destinations for Bogey and they had more reasonable assets to send back to UTA. I also think if we held onto Bogey we could make a convincing offer for the Kuminga/Wiseman types. I still think Kelly is a good player and he's obviously played really well so far, but what was everyone doing? I feel like none of UTA/DET/PHX/NYK and other buyers were acting rationally.

Collins and Quickley do nothing for this Jazz team. If Jazz make a trade it needs to be a substantial one to bring in an alpha and not burning assets at this point for Quickley types that don't really move the needle. Maybe you make that type of deal if you still had Don/Rudy in the fold. He is also at the end of his rookie deal and will need to be paid.

Quickley is another guy you need to find minutes for and overall isn't any better than the other roleplayers we already have. His best role is to defend smaller guards...maybe a contending team could use a 6'-2" defender but that wouldn't be at the top of my priority list for the Jazz at this point. Are you going to give him Beasley's minutes when Beasley can shoot the ball? Are we just going to let Agbaji rot on the bench all season? We have to give Sexton minutes even as a 6th man because they are on the hook for the next 4 years of his contract. I'm fine if they eventually trade him, or any of these guys really, but they absolutely need to bring up his trade value before doing so. I guess they could deal Clarkson for Quickley but I wouldn't include any picks.

John Collins is just another all offense/high usage/non defender who has never meshed with Trae because he doesn't defend. He's also way overpaid and owed $102 mil for the next 4 years. He might fit ok next to a guy like Kessler but he and Lauri would be a terrible fit.

The Bogey trade was still mystifying to me, and I was someone who has always been high on Kelly. I just didn't think it made sense for the Jazz to go for wins at the time. PHX and NYK were infinitely more reasonable destinations for Bogey and they had more reasonable assets to send back to UTA. I also think if we held onto Bogey we could make a convincing offer for the Kuminga/Wiseman types. I still think Kelly is a good player and he's obviously played really well so far, but what was everyone doing? I feel like none of UTA/DET/PHX/NYK and other buyers were acting rationally.
If we kept Bogey, we would have depended on Kessler (who was more or less of an unknown factor at that point), and I dont think we can give as many minutes to Beasley either.

We needed forward/center depth who were more than shooters, and KO complemented our roster really well, being sort of a Draymond type (not 2022 version of him though).