What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Huh… how would a guy be in the league multiple years and still be 19?

You know what you can turn a first round pick into? A raw project you can develop… don’t overthink things.
You are correct that 19 age seemed off to me , thanks trade machine smh. hes 22. Irrelevant to my point about him for this roster though.
Much rather have him than a pick.
as far as Dieng he was a late lottery pick at a position we could justify developing and better than any pick we get from the Nets in 4 years or adding a 4th 1st round pick in this draft which Danny would never want.
I still think we are going to pick 2 players from this draft not 3 unless one is stashed.

the nice thing about collins is he can hit the three. so he can be the roll man at times and a floor spacer at times.
He's only an okay shooter... he will be better than he is this year but he hits an okay percentage on a low volume... which suggests he shoots when he is wide *** open.

He's only an okay shooter... he will be better than he is this year but he hits an okay percentage on a low volume... which suggests he shoots when he is wide *** open.
he is not just ok he is flat out terrible from 3 this season less than 25%
That may not be a long term thing, but your concerns about role on this team are more concerning for me.
I think his salary and attitude about usage negatively impact the current best forward and current 5 so imo no matter how
good he once was, or if he could return to it by getting out from under the watchful eyes in ATL that busted him.
I don't want a player like that messing up the roster. I doubt Danny intends to keep him or even wants him here no matter
how much smoke they shovelling

He’s a better shooter than you’re giving him credit for. He’s slumping hard this year but for his career before that he’s a 37.6% 3PT shooter. I think Lauri is the reason we could make it work and it be a very good lineup. If we are strictly worried about who is the roll man and what is the other one doing that is a little silly. Collins can be a spot up shooter when Kessler is the roll man. Kessler can be in the short corner when Collins is the roll man.

He hasn't even been that bad with Capela. Even with Capela he's remained efficient, but his opportunities have gone down. Over time, they're turning him into Royce O'Neale and that's what's killing him. I don't think he needs to be involved in every PnR to be productive or happy. I think he just needs to be involved in more actions and spend less time standing around. The Hawks run an incredibly static offense where all they do is spread it out and run PnR. It's not nearly as dynamic as the Jazz offense.

I like Kessler, I don't think he should be the reason we don't take a chance on Collins. The Jazz need to accumulate talent and Collins has talent. From what I'm reading, it seems like we'd also be getting a paid a pick to take the chance so I'm all for it.

I really don't think its silly to worry about. Its one of the main reasons he is having issues currently. His shooting should tick up but if he is mostly a spot up guy for half the time he plays I am not sure you are getting the dynamic John Collins you want. Also I think you can get a better 3 and D option without doing all the gymnastics to make it work.

I get why he is a buy low and that his value could increase, but I need some compensation cuz the risk is that we get the same production out of John that the Hawks have gotten the last two years. He's had a hard time staying healthy too... its one of those deals where the more I look at it the more I'd prefer a more simple route and why I can see that DA is insisting on draft comp.

Sounds like Ainge wants some extra compensation too which is obviously a major plus. I’m just saying if it came down to it I would do Beasley plus Vando or KO straight across. A pick swap or maybe the Kings pick on top would be amazing.

Sounds like Ainge wants some extra compensation too which is obviously a major plus. I’m just saying if it came down to it I would do Beasley plus Vando or KO straight across. A pick swap or maybe the Kings pick on top would be amazing.
And I'd have to have the draft comp to do it. Not saying I would say "no" if it was JC and a first for Beasley/Vando or KO... I am saying that is the lowest price I would say yes. I am not sure the Hawks can stomach that... but I'd hold the line.

And I'd have to have the draft comp to do it. Not saying I would say "no" if it was JC and a first for Beasley/Vando or KO... I am saying that is the lowest price I would say yes. I am not sure the Hawks can stomach that... but I'd hold the line.

I don’t know the way Beasley has been playing lately it’s not like he has increased his value. Although I also know GM’s don’t just base their valuations of players on 47 games. The biggest dig on Collins is his contract which won’t look nearly as bad in 2 years.

Also, Hawks management nixed a Collins trade last year so it’s not like they haven’t had any takers. His value has definitely dropped which is why he’s a good buy low option.

He hasn't even been that bad with Capela. Even with Capela he's remained efficient, but his opportunities have gone down. Over time, they're turning him into Royce O'Neale and that's what's killing him. I don't think he needs to be involved in every PnR to be productive or happy. I think he just needs to be involved in more actions and spend less time standing around. The Hawks run an incredibly static offense where all they do is spread it out and run PnR. It's not nearly as dynamic as the Jazz offense.

I like Kessler, I don't think he should be the reason we don't take a chance on Collins. The Jazz need to accumulate talent and Collins has talent. From what I'm reading, it seems like we'd also be getting a paid a pick to take the chance so I'm all for it.
if Danny does it for the pick which ATL doesn't seem interested in doing, but if they are and Hardy can boost Collins trade value by letting him play tank commander sitting out Markannen for some drummed up injury the rest of the season, and tanking for Miller or Whitmore. Then I am all for trades involving Collins

if Danny does it for the pick which ATL doesn't seem interested in doing, but if they are and Hardy can boost Collins trade value by letting him play tank commander sitting out Markannen for some drummed up injury the rest of the season, and tanking for Miller or Whitmore. Then I am all for trades involving Collins

You just type nonsense.

I don’t know the way Beasley has been playing lately it’s not like he has increased his value. Although I also know GM’s don’t just base their valuations of players on 47 games. The biggest dig on Collins is his contract which won’t look nearly as bad in 2 years.

Also, Hawks management nixed a Collins trade last year so it’s not like they haven’t had any takers. His value has definitely dropped which is why he’s a good buy low option.
Yeah I think Beasley being either expiring or you can exercise his option has a lot of value. Vando obviously cheap on his deal. With Collins I don't think the buy low price is low enough without some draft compensation. I'd almost rather throw the MLE at Jalen McDaniels (Charlotte) or Naz Reid and give them parts of the roles we want Collins to play. We can be patient... question is can the Hawks?

Yeah I think Beasley being either expiring or you can exercise his option has a lot of value. Vando obviously cheap on his deal. With Collins I don't think the buy low price is low enough without some draft compensation. I'd almost rather throw the MLE at Jalen McDaniels (Charlotte) or Naz Reid and give them parts of the roles we want Collins to play. We can be patient... question is can the Hawks?

No, they can’t. I think they are prime to make a bad trade right now. I think Ainge will/could squeeze some draft compensation out of them. The more I think about it if Vando is included we need something extra back for sure.

You just type nonsense.
your obsession with claiming I have no logic to my posts, when you keep spewing misinformed takes on John the bum Collins , makes me wonder if you know anything about how Danny Ainge oppoerates at all.

I expect the interest Ainge has if anything is offloading someone like Mike or JC at the deadline, not moving players he recently traded for, unless its for someone he doesn't need to get picks back with to justify it.

Collins is seen as a toxic player, and he's probably not blameless, but I do think ATL is **** organization right now and he's not really wrong to be upset about his role even if he should be more professional.

I don't think he will be Lauri 2.0 because Lauri blossoming the way he did was so rare to begin with, but I do think we shouldn't write off younger players as bad eggs because they played in toxic environments. I would be thrilled to give Collins a shot with Hardy.
Is he seen as toxic? Where are those reports coming from?

swap Jalen McDaniels with JT Thor + covert McGowens 2 way and I am down with that. McDaniels sucks

Is he seen as toxic? Where are those reports coming from?

I'm not sure what the feeling is on him now, but he has complained about his role previously (or it's been reported that he's unhappy) and especially unhappy with Trae Young. He's been in trade rumors for years because of this and I think he's garnered some kind of diva image for wanting more touches.

there wasn't much smoke about the Timberwolves with Rudy
Yes there was!! It started slow but gradually gained steam. They were big players for Gobert just a week before the trade went down. We were seeing tweet after tweet about the wolves interest in trading for him.
Bobby Marks just posted a trade deadline watch for every EC team. He posted one trade each team should do. Two involved the Jazz:

Brooklyn trades Day’Ron Sharpe, Kessler Edwards and Philadelphia’s 2027 top-8 protected 1st for Jarred Vanderbilt.

Miami trades Dewayne Dedmon and their 2023 top-14 protected 1st for Jarred Vanderbilt.
Those are ***!!!
Done… I’ll do both. Peace!
Idiot!!