What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

If we brought back Whiteside and Dok develops at all, we are covered in the stereotypical rim protecting center category.

Then we need an "okay small ball center" and a "good small ball center". If we are stuck with him and his contract, Rudy Gay could be our "okay small ball center". Maybe we bring back Paschall for minimum too.

Really, all we are looking for is one "good small ball center option".

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Names and how do we get them? Good small ball centers are almost as rare as the mythical two way wings that are able to create a little.

The rest is a little ummm ambitious. Whiteside is out... he basically said so. Udoka can't stay healthy even as a bench warmer... ain't relying on him.

Donovan Mitchell: Great scorer, but can't get it done when it matters and is a ****** leader.

He needs to play with a Lebron/Luka type to ever win at the highest level. He's a scoring Robin to a Batman leader.

If we brought back Whiteside and Dok develops at all, we are covered in the stereotypical rim protecting center category.

Then we need an "okay small ball center" and a "good small ball center". If we are stuck with him and his contract, Rudy Gay could be our "okay small ball center". Maybe we bring back Paschall for minimum too.

Really, all we are looking for is one "good small ball center option".

Wendell carter jr. Doubt we can nab him though. I like that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Yeah, teams like Boston/Miami have y'all expectations for how good small ball defensive can be way out of line.

Look at Charlotte. A team with tons of long and switchy defenders. Complete *** defensively. If you want to play switch defensively, you cant have any weak links. You can't have any players who arent willing to be dogs. You also have to have a starter quality big to let your team survive the regular season where drop coverage reigns supreme.

If you have (Prima)Donovan Mitchell you cant play that style with any kind of playoff success because the dude isnt that guy.

Donovan Mitchell: Great scorer, but can't get it done when it matters and is a ****** leader.

He needs to play with a Lebron/Luka type to ever win at the highest level. He's a scoring Robin to a Batman leader.

I don’t think you remember the last few years of playoffs at all Mitchell has carried us offensively and when it matters.

Names and how do we get them? Good small ball centers are almost as rare as the mythical two way wings that are able to create a little.

The rest is a little ummm ambitious. Whiteside is out... he basically said so. Udoka can't stay healthy even as a bench warmer... ain't relying on him.
Boston has 3 of them with Grant, Theis and Horford. Looney isn't anything special, but he plays the role well. Powell gave good minutes to Dallas. Etc.

Guys are out there and need to be trusted. We should have played Paschall and Gay more. Those guys might have been good options.

If Whiteside is gone, so be it. I'm fine with that.

You misunderstood what I said... their defense in the playoffs was worse than ours... so we could actually be worse. They have a bunch of switchy good perimeter defenders.

They must have been extremely bad then not sure how you can get much worse than that what we did. Did you watch the series at all? What happened?

At this point I’d gather as many draft picks as we could and let Ainge do his thing. Historically speaking the best way to get yourself some solid 3D wings is through the draft. OG is nice but he's hurt all the time and will cost you a steep price

This ain't DL in charge any more. It's up to the guy who basically drafted this entire Celtics team currently in the run for a chip. I trust our draft luck a lot more now.

The stretch 5 is really generally going to be a guy that can play some 4 with a true center and a guy that can hold down some backup minutes. They almost always will not hold up to starter minutes at center in the regular season. PJ Washington is great... if you play him at center 12-14 minutes a night then awesome... you do it for 36 and you get murdered.

I don’t think you remember the last few years of playoffs at all Mitchell has carried us offensively and when it matters.
Like the game where he got an 8 second violation that cost us the Denver series?

Or when he got stripped by Garry Harris that cost us that series as well?

The stretch 5 is really generally going to be a guy that can play some 4 with a true center and a guy that can hold down some backup minutes. They almost always will not hold up to starter minutes at center in the regular season. PJ Washington is great... if you play him at center 12-14 minutes a night then awesome... you do it for 36 and you get murdered.
*Cough* JEREMEY *Cough* SOCHAN *Cough*

At this point I’d gather as many draft picks as we could and let Ainge do his thing. Historically speaking the best way to get yourself some solid 3D wings is through the draft. OG is nice but he's hurt all the time and will cost you a steep price

This ain't DL in charge any more. It's up to the guy who basically drafted this entire Celtics team currently in the run for a chip. I trust our draft luck a lot more now.

I don’t think they are going to trade Mitchell this year though. If we bring in a good young haul like the Toronto package they should be traceable if we blow it up. I think it’s time to reset and trade everyone but all points to that not happening this year.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Yeah, teams like Boston/Miami have y'all expectations for how good small ball defensive can be way out of line.

Look at Charlotte. A team with tons of long and switchy defenders. Complete *** defensively. If you want to play switch defensively, you cant have any weak links. You can't have any players who arent willing to be dogs.

If you have (Prima)Donovan Mitchell you cant play that style with any kind of playoff success because the dude isnt that guy.
I don't really consider Boston small ball... Robert Williams is a ****ing traditional rim running, rebounding, and rim protecting center. When he was out Bam went bonkers... Bam is a traditional center who makes good passes and dribbles sometimes. He's not a stretch guy (which is part of what everyone wants).

Al Horford? He's a ****ing unicorn that can guard Lebron and Embiid... he can pass, shoot, and protect the rim while guarding on the perimeter. If you can find healthy Al Horford and you also get a couple wing defenders we are in business lol.

And you are correct... to play the style Miami and Boston did you have to have no obvious weak holes. Strus isn't a world class defender but he gives a huge effort and is a smart defender. Boston mothballed Pritchard last series because he can't hang defensively.

If you have 4 awesome defenders you can scheme to hide one poor one... if you have one terrible defender then it won't work at all.

Yes. Mitchell has only averaged 28ppg in his career playoff games. And only 36ppg and 32ppg in the last two seasons.Had he averaged 40ppg we’d have won the series, easy. What a choker.
Now tell me how well he played in the 4th quarters of close games, you know, the thing choking entails.

No one is arguing Mitchell can score a lot of points in a game.

How many can he score when the game is on the line? Can he get any stops with the game on the line?