What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I get the feeling we're going to make multiple moves.
I also think draft night will be about moving up or around the draft to get the guys we love in the draft. I think we may poke around the sign and trade market.

Not something I would want to do but say Toronto goes to the wire with FVV and this summer doesn't want his deal... If we love him you send Mike/THT and a first to Toronto so they don't lose him for nothing. I think sign and trades is where I would be opportunistic. Can get good value there still but might have to take on a risky deal.

Again not saying I'd go for FVV... it was an example.

I also think draft night will be about moving up or around the draft to get the guys we love in the draft. I think we may poke around the sign and trade market.

Not something I would want to do but say Toronto goes to the wire with FVV and this summer doesn't want his deal... If we love him you send Mike/THT and a first to Toronto so they don't lose him for nothing. I think sign and trades is where I would be opportunistic. Can get good value there still but might have to take on a risky deal.

I can’t say I haven’t thought about trading for FVV…

I must be higher on Sexton than just about anyone here. I think he is much more capable than just being a microwave 6th man scorer off of the bench. He has averaged 17/5/2 on 55/39/87 shooting in 10 starts this year.
I agree with all of this. He was in a complete **** show where the vets focused all their frustrations onto.
OG is UFA summer of '24, though (he has a player option, but he'll opt out I guess), that's not great when it comes to give up lots of assets.
This makes it an easy no for me unless they want to give him for next to nothing. Lol
Regardless what the media guys are saying, I think it’s pretty obvious that Sexton is being groomed for the floor general position. Personally, I think he’s shown an incredible amount of growth in that capacity.
He’s a much better playmaker than given credit for. As I said above, he was in a horrible situation with teammates that didn’t have his back, and none of the reasons had anything to do with him.
Sexton is just not a starting PG for a contender. No reason to really try to develop him as such when it probably has a direct negative impact on what's his actual talent is.
Just regular Cy bias. Nothing to be seen or heard here
THey gave him that to make the Donny deal work bud.

Also pretty much everyone agrees they like watching THT now.

Also Will Hardy went along with what I said and brought WK along slowly and now it's paying off. So egg on my face I guess?

We only like watching THT when we don't care about winning cuz its hilarious... I doubt he has many believers.

Sir, Sexton has been considered a less than willing/capable passer before the people of JFC started saying it. It's not information, it's statistical reality. Stop being a baby.

I was never really a THT believer, I just think his talent is worth exploring/developing.

Cool story bud. Keep crying about how Sexton is underrated when you got two of the most legit Jazz sources telling you the staff views him as a bench piece.

You cant wait till 33 to go get a guy you have as a top 5 player on your board......

I can’t say I haven’t thought about trading for FVV…
I hadn't until last night tbh... would be scary at the $$$ he wants. Seeing what a **** show the Raps are made me think maybe its a rough situation for him. If they did normal stuff is he more efficient?

I also predict that THT is used in a sign and trade next year where we add an asset and get something back... and some folks here will claim that was the original design and declare the THT trade a big victory.

I like FVV's game for the most part, I just wish he was a little bigger and a little more efficient. An interesting idea though.

It’s actually crazy how good Clarkson has been this year and it’s not getting talked about very much.

21 PPG, 4.3 APG, 4 RPG on 45/35/82 shooting including a 57 TS%.

That’s not much different than CJ McCollum’s numbers.

I like FVV's game for the most part, I just wish he was a little bigger and a little more efficient. An interesting idea though.
It would be like trying to get a younger version of what Mike brings. I wouldn't do it (prolly) but just think that the Mike contract can be used in a variety of ways next year so no need to sell him off unless offers are good.

It’s actually crazy how good Clarkson has been this year and it’s not getting talked about very much.

21 PPG, 4.3 APG, 4 RPG on 45/35/82 shooting including a 57 TS%.

That’s not much different than CJ McCollum’s numbers.
Hes been right on CJ's heels on a per minute basis for a few years. Doing it in starters minutes is a whole different story though... so yeah... JC should be considered super valuable imo.

Hes been right on CJ's heels on a per minute basis for a few years. Doing it in starters minutes is a whole different story though... so yeah... JC should be considered super valuable imo.

Just thinking about those deals Marks threw out and I’m like why would we trade him for bad salary and a protected first?

If there weren't first rounders out there for Beasley... would you do Malik for Trent Jr.? I'd like to get a second or Banton or some sweetner there. Is Trent better than Malik. After watching Malik I don't see how Trent would be a worse defender. I think he is at least solid on that end because he gets a lot of steals, but not sure he is like disciplined and solid with moving his feet and stuff.

Not sure there is more there but he's still shockingly young. I think he wants out of Toronto. He'd be a big flight risk but again you are risking 1 year of Beasley.

If there weren't first rounders out there for Beasley... would you do Malik for Trent Jr.? I'd like to get a second or Banton or some sweetner there. Is Trent better than Malik. After watching Malik I don't see how Trent would be a worse defender. I think he is at least solid on that end because he gets a lot of steals, but not sure he is like disciplined and solid with moving his feet and stuff.

Not sure there is more there but he's still shockingly young. I think he wants out of Toronto. He'd be a big flight risk but again you are risking 1 year of Beasley.
I’m not sure why they do that but I would.

I’m not sure why they do that but I would.
Team control... Trent has a player option so could get a big payday or bolt. Malik has a team option and they might just want to roll forward one more year before digging out the dynamite.

One quick aside.... I think the Lakers are absolutely lying about wanting cap space and waiting for the big deal before they trade their picks. I don't think they are going to trade those picks if they don't do it by the deadline. The cap space route they are pitching is totally dumb. If the could cash in Russ and the picks for 3 rotation players/starters... it would be way more valuable than 30M in cap space... because they could do those deals and retain Walker, Reaves and the MLE to go sign guys.

I think they might end up blowing that **** up next year and that is why they won't trade the picks.... anyway... just me seeing things with my third eye and predicting the future.

I also predict that THT is used in a sign and trade next year where we add an asset and get something back... and some folks here will claim that was the original design and declare the THT trade a big victory.
DL drafted and developed Exum so that he could one day trade him for Clarkson.