What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

What reporting is this? Seems more like rumors or speculation and less about facts and finding out if this is true. I agree that the Jazz don't want to find them in a Hayward situation in 3 years and he walks and the Jazz have nothing in return. I hope the Jazz don't act like usual and give up too much when trading any of their players. Jazz always seem to throw in picks instead of getting them. i.e. Conley, Jefferson, Favors. I would like to see if the Jazz could get a decent player for Conley/Royce combo. It is going to be an interesting next month for sure.
I think every reporter who has talked about the situation whether nationally or locally indicates that "we are on the clock" and some go as far as to say "Donovan is not long for Utah". Now you can just say that is lies, rumors, and other BS... but it has been consistent and not something reporters like McMahon are just going to spout off for no reason. They are getting it directly from sources they trust... not trusting some rumor mill. Donovan hasn't come out and said "I'm 10 toes down" like Dame has. I don't think these are meaningless guesses... going back to Hayward there were rumors he was out a year before his final year. He and Jazz management met and denied them. Where there is smoke there is fire... and we've had all teh smoke.

A part of me wants the Jazz to trade Don, and to build around Gobert with Vogel coming in as the head coach. We get some strong defensive minded players on the team we may just become a force to be reckoned with on D. Bring back Whiteside to be the backup. If we can get back Herro and Gabe Vincent, I'm cool with that. If we can miraculously get Durant, hell I'm cool with that too.

Maybe move Conley for Pat Bev and Jarred Vanderbilt? That's just off the top of my head.

The crazy thing is, if the front office really is determined to stay as competitive next year as we've been the previous 6 years and not take a step back, they're much more likely to accomplish that by trading Donovan and keeping Rudy. It seems like Ryan Smiths mind is already made up though.

The crazy thing is, if the front office really is determined to stay as competitive next year as we've been the previous 6 years and not take a step back, they're much more likely to accomplish that by trading Donovan and keeping Rudy. It seems like Ryan Smiths mind is already made up though.
Yeah, because Ryan has hopes that a future around Donovan will be better than what we have had with everything built around Rudy.

Yeah, because Ryan has hopes that a future around Donovan will be better than what we have had with everything built around Rudy.

Ryan is too naive to see that they're going to build everything around Donovan and let him have a major voice in which head coach they hire and then he's going to ask out in a year or two anyway and leave the franchise in shambles.

Ryan is too naive to see that they're going to build everything around Donovan and let him have a major voice in which head coach they hire and then he's going to ask out in a year or two anyway and leave the franchise in shambles.
Ryan just wants to be cool.

#1 - I never said let him have a major voice
#2 - we don't know that he's going to ask out
#3 - if he does get traded in a year, that doesn't "leave the franchise in shambles"

Trading him in a year while Rudy takes any sort of step back with that albatross contract could leave us hurting. That's why you trade Rudy now while he has his best value. Doesn't matter what we do with Don - Rudy needs to go.

I'm saying if Rudy could score on his own and and hit fts we could have won. He was unable to take advantage with his mismatches because he can't back down.
Then you're simply wrong. We lost to Dallas because of miserable defense.

How far has he got them ? Has he created any shot over the many summers he had the opportunity to work on any offensive tools? He is a 30 year old offensive liability. The front office will get rid of him because he is a one dimensional player. He is too restricted offensively. I cringe when he goes to post up or attempts to do anything other than dunking because it will 1 look stupid 2. Be an air ball or brick or 3 he will get stripped, double dribble or travel.
And yet you take him off the floor and both the offense and defense goes to ****.

Then you're simply wrong. We lost to Dallas because of miserable defense.
I think we lost to Dallas due to:

#1 Miserable Defense 50%

#2 Disappointing Offensive Efforts by pretty much everybody not named Jordan Clarkson. And part of that is Rudy's inability to impact a game on offense when we need a max contract guy to step up. 25%

#3 The Conley Trade 25%

#1 - I never said let him have a major voice
#2 - we don't know that he's going to ask out
#3 - if he does get traded in a year, that doesn't "leave the franchise in shambles"

Trading him in a year while Rudy takes any sort of step back with that albatross contract could leave us hurting. That's why you trade Rudy now while he has his best value. Doesn't matter what we do with Don - Rudy needs to go.
I say trade Donovan before you trade Rudy and the whole league gets to see the Donovan lead Jazz as a 38 win team...

I say we trade Rudy before we get embarrassed in the playoffs for the third year in a row.
Ah yes... here we come back to blaming Rudy for our trash perimeter defenders not being able to guard their own shadows...

Anyways... you will get your wish most likely. Just be careful what you wish for.

Ryan and Donovan better hope next season starts well if they push Rudy out the door, because I suspect the fans' reception might become really REALLY UGLY.

Last edited:
Ah yes... here we come back to blaming Rudy for our trash perimeter defenders not being able to guard their own shadows...

Anyways... you will get your wish most likely. Just be careful what you wish for.

Ryan and Donovan better hope next season starts well if they push Rudy out the door, because I suspect the fans' reception might become really REALLY UGLY.

I’m not blaming Rudy for other players. His defensive prowess gets significantly hindered when other teams go 5-out against us.

We don’t have the personnel to go against 5-out in the playoffs. The system Quin created also contributes to that.

Rudy also is extremely limited offensively so it’s not like we can punish teams for going 5-out that way either.

I’m not blaming Rudy for other players. His defensive prowess gets significantly hindered when other teams go 5-out against us.

We don’t have the personnel to go against 5-out in the playoffs. The system Quin created also contributes to that.
If you think those same players can play any better in any other system that doesn't feature Rudy, I have a bridge to sell you... Unless those players change fundamentally the way they approach their defensive responsibilities or the personnel changes significantly this team will be complete and utter trash defensively without Gobert. Lets say we trade Gobert for Vucevic+Pat Williams. A starting lineup of Conley-Mitchell-Royce-Bojan/Pat-Vucevic will very likely give up 115+ defensive rating over the season.

If you think those same players can play any better in any other system that doesn't feature Rudy, I have a bridge to sell you... Unless those players change fundamentally the way they approach their defensive responsibilities or the personnel changes significantly this team will be complete and utter trash defensively without Gobert. Lets say we trade Gobert for Vucevic+Pat Williams. A starting lineup of Conley-Mitchell-Royce-Bojan/Pat-Vucevic will very likely give up 115+ defensive rating over the season.

It’s a mentality and coaching issue. Look at Boston, they get a coach who holds players accountable and suddenly they’re the best defensive team in the league.

Rudy also is extremely limited offensively so it’s not like we can punish teams for going 5-out that way either.
All of this is false. Idiot!!! Gobert isn’t hindered it’s the rest of the team you idiot!!!

Rudy’s offense is more in line with the modern NBA than most centers in the league today you stupid idiot

Also, I know you guys don’t want to hear this but there has been a clear shift since 2020 with how teams approach Gobert during the playoffs and the results are not great.

Image1654810156.025562.jpg