What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Saint Cy of JFC

Listened to the Game Notes podcast with Tony Jones and he doesn't sound at all optimistic about Butler's future with the Jazz. He basically says he has a ton of talent but he's not sure he really fits on this roster because he has to have the ball in his hands to be effective...said he's probably eventually going to end up on another roster, either this summer or in the future and he's going to average like 19 points a game and Jazz fans are going to be upset and wonder why he wasn't given the opportunity to do that here, and Tony says the reason is because you don't want to take the ball out of Donovan's hands. He said it's possible that a lot of moves will be made in the backcourt in the offseason to open up some minutes for him, but right now there are just too many guys ahead of him in the rotation, said it's also possible he won't be on the roster next season.

He also said he's pretty confident that Donovan will be the starting point guard next season and that if Conley is still on the roster, he will likely be coming off the bench for the first time in his career.
God, the future is so bleak.

Saint Cy of JFC

We might as well hire Mike Dantoni if we are going to go the "Can't take the ball out of Donovan's hands" route.

At least get the best coach in the history of the NBA at coaching that dumbass/boring as hell style.

The Jazz Wonderbra

Sad to think how messed up the nba has gotten, that they think Ayton is a more valuable commodity then Gobert that gives a team top 10-15 production on the court. Sad that everyone is fawning over him when Gobert could potentially be on the market for trade.
Teams that have played Ayton after the Gobert in the playoffs have talked all about how much harder it was to scheme Ayton out of the series and how going small doesn't work because he punishes them on the other end. I would prefer to have Ayton to Gobert.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
God, the future is so bleak.

We might as well hire Mike Dantoni if we are going to go the "Can't take the ball out of Donovan's hands" route.

At least get the best coach in the history of the NBA at coaching that dumbass/boring as hell style.
Quin truly has this all effed up. The more I hear about Ime Udoka and how he holds guys accountable the more I despise Quin's soft *** approach to this season. JB was also terribly mismanaged.

JB actually showed the ability to score and create for others... so putting the ball in his hands was more team oriented than JC or even Donovan. It wasn't more effective... but this whole "JB needs the ball... can't play with others BS is just stupid". We took a kid showing major promise and decided to throw all kinds of cold water on him. You see coaches invest in young guys with potential and see it paying off in the playoffs. Quin did just such a horrible job here and part of me wonders if JB isn't one of Don's dudes.

I like how we talk about Mike moving out of Donovan lineups to get more usage for Donovan when he is already like top 5-10 in the league. So next year when we put the ball in Don's hands all the time... and it doesn't work out like we planned... I can't wait for the narrative about how we need to get Donovan more help and it isn't his fault he can't do it on his own.

I'm so ready for the tank.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I am to the point of being actively opposed to watching Jazz games if we’re gonna keep treating Starbury as though he’s Lebron. This franchise is pathetic and embarrassing.
Again back to Ime Udoka... he called his team out in the media and directly multiple times. Its part of his character so it wasn't fake ****. Its something Michael Malone has done well. The team turned it around and are one of the more connected teams I've seen on defense.

How did Quin respond to some twitter criticism of his team? With a rant suggesting there were no problems.

How did Quin respond when Rudy criticized the team? Well we should keep that in house. I do agree its better to keep in house but how many of us believe it wasn't voiced loudly and often in practices meetings etc. If the message isn't breaking through then the media is fair game.

He seems allergic to criticism and is wrapping his guys with bubble wrap in the most defensive helicopter mom way... I'm out... let him walk.

KqWIN

I don't really understand this Butler assertion. He did look better with the ball in his hands....but the man won a national championship playing alongside another PG. Donovan at PG vs SG doesn't mean a damn thing. What matters is the players/talent he's on the court with and we desperately needed Conley to play better. Every team wants multiple ballhandlers, especially us. Multiple ballhandlers has been a pillar of our offense for years. I really hope this is TJ just conjecturing and voicing his own personal opinion versus a true report on how our FO/Coaching staff thinks. But it ****ing baffled me when Quin didn't think Paschall couldn't play C because of his lack of inside presence...aka the thing he's best at.

People talk about this Don-Rudy all day for their personal grievances and on court limitations....and for good reason. But the failure between coaching/FO is awful. They are not in sync, Quin has butted heads with both DL and whoever is in control now, and both have failed at doing their jobs on their own. There's disfunction top to bottom in this franchise, but it really gets glossed over because we are Woj friendly lol.

Saint Cy of JFC

I don't really understand this Butler assertion. He did look better with the ball in his hands....but the man won a national championship playing alongside another PG. Donovan at PG vs SG doesn't mean a damn thing. What matters is the players/talent he's on the court with and we desperately needed Conley to play better. Every team wants multiple ballhandlers, especially us. Multiple ballhandlers has been a pillar of our offense for years. I really hope this is TJ just conjecturing and voicing his own personal opinion versus a true report on how our FO/Coaching staff thinks. But it ****ing baffled me when Quin didn't think Paschall couldn't play C because of his lack of inside presence...aka the thing he's best at.

People talk about this Don-Rudy all day for their personal grievances and on court limitations....and for good reason. But the failure between coaching/FO is awful. They are not in sync, Quin has butted heads with both DL and whoever is in control now, and both have failed at doing their jobs on their own. There's disfunction top to bottom in this franchise, but it really gets glossed over because we are Woj friendly lol.
Paschall couldnt play center because he's an awful rebounder and is incapable of playing any kind of defense that isnt switching.

ANd Utah cant play switching because we are a bad rebounding team without Gobert and our players arent good enough at individual defense to switch.

KqWIN

Paschall couldnt play center because he's an awful rebounder and is incapable of playing any kind of defense that isnt switching.

ANd Utah cant play switching because we are a bad rebounding team without Gobert and our players arent good enough at individual defense to switch.

It would have been fine if that's what Quin said, but he specifically said we couldn't play Paschall because we needed an inside scoring presence on offense.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

JB's handling made no sense... he didn't play because he had to have the ball in his hands... but he got more assists per minute than anyone on the roster not named Mike Conley. Also, Trent Forrest is a complete zero on offense without the ball... actually he's a big negative off ball. JB's defense is rookie level so its iffy I get it... but he gets his hands on the ball a lot... he's not a zero there.

It was just weird that Quin was already pooring cold water on the kid in pre-season before he had a chance to **** up... then when he failed because they wanted him to play like Miye Oni they buried him. They also abandoned the rest Mike strategy when all their messaging was to keep him fresh when it mattered most... now all the beat guys are like "they relied on him too much during the season when Donovan was out and wore him out". Its all this inconsistent garbage.

I'm convinced the only reason Quin is still around is the Jazz don't want to pay his contract out after firing him... and Quin will coach another year as a lame duck until Pop retires... and that he is checked out.

Saint Cy of JFC

JB's handling made no sense... he didn't play because he had to have the ball in his hands... but he got more assists per minute than anyone on the roster not named Mike Conley. Also, Trent Forrest is a complete zero on offense without the ball... actually he's a big negative off ball. JB's defense is rookie level so its iffy I get it... but he gets his hands on the ball a lot... he's not a zero there.

It was just weird that Quin was already pooring cold water on the kid in pre-season before he had a chance to **** up... then when he failed because they wanted him to play like Miye Oni they buried him. They also abandoned the rest Mike strategy when all their messaging was to keep him fresh when it mattered most... now all the beat guys are like "they relied on him too much during the season when Donovan was out and wore him out". Its all this inconsistent garbage.

I'm convinced the only reason Quin is still around is the Jazz don't want to pay his contract out after firing him... and Quin will coach another year as a lame duck until Pop retires... and that he is checked out.
Conspiracy: Donovan hates JB so JB doesnt play