What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

When Ainge uses the Lakers pick to get a player WAY better than any we sent out.
Lakers always land free agents. As soon as Labronda is gone they will end up with Giannis and Devin Booker types just waiting to sign.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

He Jedi mind tricked people and then everyone is pissed cuz he tricked em so good.
I would've liked the 2027 and 2029 picks or for the 2027 pick to at least be unprotected but again since it would be unprotected in 2028, I can't complain.

It's a solid deal for us if we're able to tank away the rest of the season and the Lakers push the Wolves out of the playoffs I'll like it a lot more.

In what regard. What will be the tell tale sign?
The people trying to carry DA's water on this are kind of strange.

Yes, most of agree this was a necessary and overall good trade.

Stop trying to sell it to us as anything great. DA/Utah played this about as badly as they could have. I'm glad they did what needed to be done, but they didnt take the optimal route on this one.

The Lakers pick might be great. Or three top15 players might decide they want to have their super team in LA. I give it average value right now.

I highly doubt the Jazz will actually be the team making the pick in 2027. I think they will trade it long before then.

Lakers always land free agents. As soon as Labronda is gone they will end up with Giannis and Devin Booker types just waiting to sign.

Go look at where they have drafted since Kobe tore his achilles and then come back and talk to me. They flamed out over and over again and even with Lebron they have been a lotto team multiple times. They are capped out... have no picks... and Lebron is 38. FA is also so much different with extension rules.

I’m glad you get it. 99% of the board is trying to kill my vibe right now but I will not let it happen. Makes me feel even better that you’re one of the only to agree with me.
Haha you guys are cute together.

Pick being unprotected in 2028 changes this dramatically

The teardown is complete. Or almost complete. Now Ainge just has to deliver on the other side of the draft and not Exum it up.

Giannis for Bucks will be the same Dirk was to SAS. Giannis will NEVER go to god damn lakers.

I disagree. I think it has more value than an average first.
Way more.

No one who knows is arguing the Jazz didnt get good value back. We just overpaid for it (through no real loss, so it's OK). But an overpay is still an overpay.

I'm sure that's part of being asset rich though. When you are asset rich teams are going to pick on you and make you give up more than you would have to if you were an asset poor team (Lakers).

I disagree. I think it has more value than an average first.
This is one of the highest coveted draft picks in the NBA, along with the 2029. Bron stays with the Lakers until '24 or '25. Davis' injuries will catch up with him. They have one remaining asset with which to improve their team. They have no young players with starter potential.

It's going to be a good pick.

The people trying to carry DA's water on this are kind of strange.

Yes, most of agree this was a necessary and overall good trade.

Stop trying to sell it to us as anything great. DA/Utah played this about as badly as they could have. I'm glad they did what needed to be done, but they didnt take the optimal route on this one.
DA took 3 quarters and traded for a dollar. Cleared cap space. He preserved the tank... while getting 55 games of competitive basketball and growth. He quite literally couldn't have played it better.

Was it better to just keep those guys... trade them individually for like 7 second round picks or get protected picks and take bad salary.