What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

IDK, I really value Royce for what he does (or more for what he doesnt do). I think he kind of had a rough 2nd half of the season + playoffs that made people forget how important he is.

That being said....

If the idea is to sell off some off our very good secondary creators (Bogey/Clarkson/Conley) then you probably need more generally skilled tertiary scorers. So Royce might not be as important for this team if the idea is to get worse at the top end in terms of scoring.

IDK, I really value Royce for what he does (or more for what he doesnt do). I think he kind of had a rough 2nd half of the season + playoffs that made people forget how important he is.

That being said....

If the idea is to sell off some off our very good secondary creators (Bogey/Clarkson/Conley) then you probably need more generally skilled tertiary scorers. So Royce might not be as important for this team if the idea is to get worse at the top end in terms of scoring.

Royce's limited ball skills, limited finishing skills and limited ability to shoot with a defender near him make him almost useless against a switching defense. If other teams didn't sag way off of him and dare him to shoot, I'm not sure he'd get more than a few shots off in a game. With the Jazz, he's been the beneficiary of some very high-quality open looks off the catch, and he gets rebounds in part due to the enormous amount of attention teams have to place on boxing out Gobert.

I think Royce is mostly a system player that has contributed in Quin's system, but will become mostly an afterthought on another team. I'll be interested to see what he does if he gets moved. There just isn't much that Royce can be relied upon to do, other than bang a bit against bigger offensive players and hit a few open looks. I wish I could say he was like PJ Tucker, but he's not that solid a defender.

I had tickets near the floor when the Jazz played the Heat this year, and Royce couldn't do anything with Duncan Robinson guarding him. Couldn't even take a dribble.

Royce's limited ball skills, limited finishing skills and limited ability to shoot with a defender near him make him almost useless against a switching defense. If other teams didn't sag way off of him and dare him to shoot, I'm not sure he'd get more than a few shots off in a game. With the Jazz, he's been the beneficiary of some very high-quality open looks off the catch, and he gets rebounds in part due to the enormous amount of attention teams have to place on boxing out Gobert.

I think Royce is mostly a system player that has contributed in Quin's system, but will become mostly an afterthought on another team. I'll be interested to see what he does if he gets moved. There just isn't much that Royce can be relied upon to do, other than bang a bit against bigger offensive players and hit a few open looks. I wish I could say he was like PJ Tucker, but he's not that solid a defender.

I had tickets near the floor when the Jazz played the Heat this year, and Royce couldn't do anything with Duncan Robinson guarding him. Couldn't even take a dribble.
Royce won the Stanton Kidd Memorial and Lottery Winner award by being a college teammate of DL's son. I just shake my head the guy is in the show making millions. Is this a great country or what?

If you put Royce next to stars he's a great role player.

Let's not be goofy, if you can shoot near 40% on 3 and get 5 off per game, you are a good player.

Plus Royce is a very good finisher in transition. He had some really impressive left hand finishes this year. HIs athleticism dropped hard for some reason in the 2nd half of the season and he stopped dunking, but I wouldnt call him a bad finisher.

Guess you missed the Bulls game where Nickeil guarded DeRozan and Lavine. He also outscored and outrebounded Royce in fewer minutes. (Idiot!!!)

Royce is a very limited player who lost his spot in the closing lineup to a 10-day contract guy. His 3pt shooting also fell way off in the 2nd half of the season.
Naw had one good game, he may be limited but he’s still better player by a mile

I think a lot of this is pretty fair, but I think you over emphasize his weaknesses and underplay his strengths.

On the flip side of him not being able to create his own offense is he doesn't take bad shots. That's pretty important for a guy playing next to Donovan and Clarkson.

In the end he's mostly what you want out of your 5th starter. He gets rebounds, he shoots open shots, plays hard, and plays team ball. The biggest issue he has on our team is that he's not a good enough defender to make up for how bad of a defender Donovan and Bogey are.

I would trade Gobert for Collins and Hunter.

I would trade Gobert for Miles Bridges and stuff.

I would not trade Gobert for our own player and that player's clone. That's crazy man. Crazy.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Athletic says Hunter, Capela, Jalen Johnson and picks for Rudy Gobert.

I would replace Capela and picks for Collins and I'm super happy.

If we did trade Rudy, Atlanta is a top-3 destination for us for sure.

I love when people talk about NAW and are like “if he just does xyz things which he’s never done at all then he will be good.”

His measurements are essentially the same as JC who is more athletic than NAW… no one here think JC gonna turn into a defensive ace.

NAW had a few good minutes where he played within himself and shots fell… he then immediately went into his normal MO and had a bunch of dumb mess ups and was benched never to be heard from again.

If we did trade Rudy, Atlanta is a top-3 destination for us for sure.
If we actually had those types of offers on the table we likely take them. Hollinger is an advanced stats guy… so likely values Rudy quite highly… I think people will ding us in a trade because of his contract. I just don’t think we will do as well as some people project.

I love when people talk about NAW and are like “if he just does xyz things which he’s never done at all then he will be good.”

His measurements are essentially the same as JC who is more athletic than NAW… no one here think JC gonna turn into a defensive ace.

NAW had a few good minutes where he played within himself and shots fell… he then immediately went into his normal MO and had a bunch of dumb mess ups and was benched never to be heard from again.

NAW is a bit bigger than Clarkson and isn't remotely as lost on defense. Weird comp.

If we actually had those types of offers on the table we likely take them. Hollinger is an advanced stats guy… so likely values Rudy quite highly… I think people will ding us in a trade because of his contract. I just don’t think we will do as well as some people project.

Hunter, Capela and 16? Realistic or no?

Rudy and Bojan
for
Hunter, Collins, Capela, and Johnson

Rudy is clearly the best player in the trade and fits Trae perfectly. Bojan is a fantastic floor spacer for those two. Collins has been unhappy so it makes sense to include him in the trade. If also taking Johnson is too much for Atlanta, we could swap him out with #16 or potentially just take him out.

tradenba-snap-1652612455757.jpg

If Atlanta wants and values Rudy Gay, they can have him too.

Last edited:
Rudy and Bojan
for
Hunter, Collins, Capela, and Johnson

Rudy is clearly the best player in the trade and fits Trae perfectly. Bojan is a fantastic floor spacer for those two. Collins has been unhappy so it makes sense to include him in the trade. If also taking Johnson is too much for Atlanta, we could swap him out with #16 or potentially just take him out.

View attachment 12101

If Atlanta wants and values Rudy Gay, they can have him too.

This sounds like the best deal to me…lol probably just means that it is more in the Jazz favor. That’s what we got Ainge for I’m hoping hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz