What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I could be wrong but I thought the Stepien rule would prevent them from trading first round picks back to back years. They traded last years pick for Vucevic.
They can announce it though... they make the pick then trade it... it happens a lot and there is no reason they can't announce it.

Portland is willing to move #7 for OG.
Toronto is willing to move OG for Gobert.
If the Jazz are willing to move Gobert for a mixed package that includes #7, GTJ and something from Portland, they should be able to complete a deal.
The Jazz can get a quality wing at #7, or they could move #7 for multiple picks or another player.

That package should also beat Chicago's offer, unless the Jazz can find a taker for Vucevic and Coby White.

The Jazz are going to make a trade tonight. I wouldn’t be surprised if they make a couple.

If it is just OG and Trent then we are in a world of pain. OG is a nice player but this sends us back a long way. Rudy is our most important player, this trade puts us in lottery.

I still believe our best options are to blow it up ie trade both Don and Rudy. Or trade Bojan, Conley, Royce, Clarkson to build a better aligned team around them.