What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I think all eyes are on the Kevin Durant move and the premium it will take to win now. I do think there's probably interest in sending Mitchell to MIA, but think Ainge is playing hardball and wanting more than they want to pay.

A S&T for Ayton is tied to anything for KD - if we offload Mitchell, we ain't getting Ayton and 2022 is a scorched earth year with Ainge laughing as he swims in his Scrooge McDuck money pit of future #1's.

The more I'm thinking about it, the more this seems like we are moving towards tank, rather than retooling around Mitchell. Nothing Ainge has done suggests that Mitchell is at the center of his universe. Royce out, Paschall out, Rudy traded for picks rather than win-now pieces. BTW, Beverley and Beasley are very likely to net us more picks if we decide to sell on them too... I can see both of them getting traded for 1sts... if not now then at the trade deadline. This looks suspiciously like the beginning of a tank job.

But lets see what follows. It definitely is possible we still pivot with our new assets...

The more I'm thinking about it, the more this seems like we are moving towards tank, rather than retooling around Mitchell. Nothing Ainge has done suggests that Mitchell is at the center of his universe. Royce out, Paschall out, Rudy traded for picks rather than win-now pieces. BTW, Beverley and Beasley are very likely to net us more picks if we decide to sell on them too... I can see both of them getting traded for 1sts... if not now then at the trade deadline. This looks suspiciously like the beginning of a tank job.

But lets see what follows. It definitely is possible we still pivot with our new assets...

I can get with a scorched earth approach. The prospect of starting fresh and calling your shot down the road has some allure.

This is absolutely a tank, IMO. If we wanted to win, Rudy wouldn't be gone for a haul of crap + a boatload of draft capital.

Danny has been around the ****ing block. He is not looking at 6'1" Donovan Mitchell who plays garbage defense and is saying to himself "this is the guy we're going to build a winner around" - especially after booting two of his buddies and not hiring "his guy" for head coach.

It's a matter of time before 45 is gone. Personally, I think it's this offseason. Having DM for the first half of the season does not help our 2023 draft pick which should be the priority at this point.