What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Interesting. Perhaps we were holding out for RJ and we hung up the phone. Then WOJ says what he says on ESPN (Danny's Puta) and all of the sudden RJ is in the mix again.

Are we negotiating / signaling through WOJ? Or do we see Don in Utah again?

I am happy either way. We don't get talent like spida but once in 30 years. Tough to move on from that. Retool for a season and see what happens?
Based on what Danny has shown he values and the fact that the Rudy deal wasn't going to happen because they didn't include McDaniels then they offered more picks I think Barrett is the guy that he'd target in a Don trade.

Swap Obi for Grimes and make the picks unprotected and lets ****ing go
I'd do it although we're already super guard heavy. I'd love Robinson/Barrett instead but idk when he's eligible to be traded. I'd also probably push for picks in 2024, 2026, 2028 so we'd be stacked on picks every year for the foreseeable future and would have a pick in 2024.

You have to take RJ from New York in a trade because Donovan + Brunson + whatever else we leave New York with ain't getting it done. Those are lottery picks right there. Take their assets and they will need to rely on players who will sign up as free agents with no chance of seeing the ball.

If you don’t get Bridges or something like that no reason to deal with PHX/BK.

Lets make this NYK deal work.
This!

The more I dwell on it, the more I want Donovan to stay, but if he’s putting a gun to our head privately and asking for a trade, the only reason Danny should field calls from Phoenix or Brooklyn is to force the Knicks to panic and give us the farm.

They obviously have the best draft pick package amongst the rumored Donovan suitors by far and I’d be willing to bet that Ainge wouldn’t pull the trigger until the Knicks relent and give us RJ. That kid probably has a higher ceiling than Donovan and can already give us 20/6/3 each night.

Getting RJ and those picks would be a ****ing coup. It would probably be the best set up for a tank that we’ve ever seen.

This!

The more I dwell on it, the more I want Donovan to stay, but if he’s putting a gun to our head privately and asking for a trade, the only reason Danny should field calls from Phoenix or Brooklyn is to force the Knicks to panic and give us the farm.

They obviously have the best draft pick package amongst the rumored Donovan suitors by far and I’d be willing to bet that Ainge wouldn’t pull the trigger until the Knicks relent and give us RJ. That kid probably has a higher ceiling than Donovan and can already give us 20/6/3 each night.

Getting RJ and those picks would be a ****ing coup. It would probably be the best set up for a tank that we’ve ever seen.
And honestly you could see why the Knicks do it with their history of drafting and free agency.

This!

Ainge is playing these teams off against one another, building his leverage. He may get the Knicks to break.

Getting a 25 year old All NBA/All Defensive player/potential DPOY for expiring contracts happens all the time.
Did you guys completely forget about the conversation we had earlier today about Ben and Mitchell not being allowed to be on the same team because of the designated player extensions?

iirc you can still have 2 designated you just can't trade for 2.
I think you are correct because that is the only way that Mitchell to Miami would work because I believe Bam signed a designated contract as well.

Based on what Danny has shown he values and the fact that the Rudy deal wasn't going to happen because they didn't include McDaniels then they offered more picks I think Barrett is the guy that he'd target in a Don trade.

We really that excited about RJ? He hasn’t been that great right? Am I missing or misremembering something?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app