What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

How about all their seconds plus pick swaps in 27, 28 and 29?
We can get firsts from them. I think Bron wants Kyrie but they need an intermediary either way. Might get 28 and swaps in 27/29, but we can swap with our pick, Minnys or NYK pick. We have a great combo of players we can give. If they get Kyrie we can send Mike to Brooklyn… we should be all up in the middle of that deal when it happens. Indiana might send Turner and/or Hield instead though so I think they are the threat to mess it up. It’s clear Russ won’t be in LA next year.

How many players do the jazz have? I can't keep track, with half of Minnesota's team on the roster and daily rumors about half of last year's roster getting traded.

How many players do the jazz have? I can't keep track, with half of Minnesota's team on the roster and daily rumors about half of last year's roster getting traded.
18 currently. If the tweet about the Jazz signing the Italian wing dude are real, there's a trade imminent.

Well this is a real player and he fits the needs of Jazz
But if Jazz get 3 to 5 Knicks what are they going to do with all these guys
Jazz will probably ship off Bev and Beas. I'd imagine the Russ rumors would have legs as well as the Jazz can use that contract and trade to consolidate roster spots and open up a tuckfon more cap for '23.

And signing this Italian kid seems to not fit the timeline of tanking for good draft picks

Last edited:
That'd make sense too. If Beasley pops off for 20 ppg again, he'd be good a team needing a scoring push.
I bet you can cultivate Malik's trade value a bit if he has an awesome first 30 games or so with the Jazz. Bev's value is pretty good right now after that run with the Wolves.

And signing this Italian kid seems to not fit the timeline of tanking for good draft picks

Is he going to lead us to the play-in game or are we taking some shots on some guys who can maybe become assets for us later?

18 currently. If the tweet about the Jazz signing the Italian wing dude are real, there's a trade imminent.
This counts cap holds for Forrest, Paschall and Whiteside, yeah? Any of those can be easily renounced, can't they?

So isn't it 15 signed players more realistically (including the 2-ways, which are easily renounced if needed as well)? So 13 guaranteed contracts?

So plenty of flexibility before a consolidation trade needed.

He is 6'8" and the last couple of seasons averaged about 10 ppg shooting over .400 from three. A couple of seasons ago Tyler Cavanaugh was a teammate of his.

The Jazz are gonna have like 0 NBA SFs by the time the season starts so I think this is very much in line with tanking since this guy would be lucky to be a legit NBA player. At which point he’s not that old but you could flip for another asset.

This counts cap holds for Forrest, Paschall and Whiteside, yeah? Any of those can be easily renounced, can't they?

So isn't it 15 signed players more realistically (including the 2-ways, which are easily renounced if needed as well)? So 13 guaranteed contracts?

So plenty of flexibility before a consolidation trade needed.

Affirmative. Not sure why they haven't been renounced yet.