What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I just don't get it. Feels like he is challenging Tsai (who kinda tried to get tough with Kyrie)... If you are KD do you want your own GM and coach... Who's to say he doesn't ask out again?

This whole thing is weird.

Asking for a trade is one thing. Demanding that the GM be fired is out of line. In any case, if KD wanted this kind of leverage with the Nets, he should have signed a 1-year deal rather than a 4-year max extension.

Also, the reason that the Nets are low on assets is because they emptied them to trade for James Harden, something KD and Kyrie wanted. Then trading James Harden was again something KD wanted.

I think the Nets will trade KD to get rid of him at this point.

Depends on how badly you want to win. Assuming your team has a decent team around him, you always have a shot to win. With that said you risk having to deal with all the baggage that comes with KD.

He needs to be load managed during the regular season and then be allowed to take over in the post-season. He really needs the situation he had with the Warriors, though he probably doesn't want to admit it. He's the ultimate luxury addition to an already-solid playoff team.

Kevin Durant is trying to undertake “bridge-actions” e.g., mobilizing support within distinct and sometimes competing political venues. (Media, management, ownership, court of public opinion, etc.). Believe me , I served on a US Army tactical psyop team in Central America during the 1980s so I’m well aware of the tactic/strategy.

Kevin Durant is trying to undertake “bridge-actions” e.g., mobilizing support within distinct and sometimes competing political venues. (Media, management, ownership, court of public opinion, etc.). Believe me , I served on a US Army tactical psyop team in Central America during the 1980s so I’m well aware of the tactic/strategy.
Yes, I'm sure KD is pursuing a well developed psy-op scheme.

Unless there is another report that tweet doesnt read to me that Durant is asking for both the GM and Coach to be fired. I read it as he is requesting a trade or that the GM/Coach are not working out together and one of them needs to go. Its all kind of **** but seems better than requesting both gone. But maybe I am misreading it or its been clarified elsewhere.

On one hand the KD stuff seems like another small step in the player empowerment movement. On the other hand it seems like a potentially giant leap in the direction of a massive power struggle during the next CBA.

Unless there is another report that tweet doesnt read to me that Durant is asking for both the GM and Coach to be fired. I read it as he is requesting a trade or that the GM/Coach are not working out together and one of them needs to go. Its all kind of **** but seems better than requesting both gone. But maybe I am misreading it or its been clarified elsewhere.
Pretty sure Durant said both of 'em. He's trying to blackball Tsai and the FO to lowering their price so he can be dealt. I don't think it'd necessarily be beyond ridiculous (sometimes there are situations where you just have to leave) except that Marks has all but handied Durant and Nash was Durant's choice, not Marks.

I definitely wouldn't pay what the Nets want for KD. He's great, but he's also way on the wrong side of 30, has an injury history, and a crippling contract if he e.g. pops that achilles again.

Pretty sure Durant said both of 'em. He's trying to blackball Tsai and the FO to lowering their price so he can be dealt. I don't think it'd necessarily be beyond ridiculous (sometimes there are situations where you just have to leave) except that Marks has all but handied Durant and Nash was Durant's choice, not Marks.
He’s making things messy to try and force their hand.

Yes, I'm sure KD is pursuing a well developed psy-op scheme.
GameFace, bridge-actions are not a well developed psyop tactic. Instead, bridge actions is just a term that describes how common folk all over the world practice politics, political maneuvering. The anthropologist FG Bailey (1960) coined the term as he described various castes in a village in India maneuvering for advantage in a changing mercantile economy. Durant is no different from you, me, or the various caste members in India as we all seek to promote our public image, social standing, etc. I apologize if I came off sounding pretentious or pulled the appealing to authority card.