What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

The other team that’s having a bad shooting night. What we have is good enough offensively to win games if the other team is off a little.

Guys like Agbaji, THT and NAW, plus Vanderbilt and Olynyk might not actually be trash defensively. I think we've been assuming the Jazz will be a bottom-5 defense, but that's not a given. That lineup I just listed won't be able to score though.

Who do you think is winning us all these games?
I mean Mike effing Conley is a winning player. The rest of the offensive guys aren’t necessarily like “winners” but there are plenty of scorers and shooters that can pop and you win a game you shouldn’t. JC, Beasley, KO, Sexton are all guys capable of explosive scoring nights that win you games.

To have an effective tank OKC has had to shut down SGA but also just solid nba types like Kenny Hustle, Mike Muscala, and sign guys in the g league and play them 30+ minutes. The roster is too deep to do that.

There are still enough ****** teams that you will win some on talent… others when a good team comes into town on a back to back and you get em… or you just have an exceptional shooting night. Also sometimes teams just miss shots and our baseline of solid/good offense will win this nights.

Currently this is like a 30 win team… depending on luck or injuries may win a few more or a few less. We should offload some more vets if possible to make it more like a 25 win team. I really think we are currently close to on par with Sacramento.

Not only is it not a tanking roster, but it's also going to take developmental minutes away from the young guys. Tony also said that the Jazz have high hopes for Gay this season because he is fully healthy and they're hoping he can bounce back. So, we're going to have 4 guys over 30 that aren't in the long-term plans in Conley, Clarkson, Gay and Olynyk all in the rotation and likely playing major minutes.
This is such coward ****ing garbage.

This is such coward ****ing garbage.

It's definitely not the approach I thought Ainge would take. I thought he would get every veteran off the roster before the season started and do a full on tank for Wembanyama.

I'm just assuming Hardy is going to be pushing habits more than winning.
… winning habits?

That’s part of what makes this intentionally throwing games thing just not a thing. Everyone’s working for their careers and if the goal is to institute winning habits, then winning comes with that. You can’t keep the culture right and lose games unless you don’t have experience or talent. This team has too much of both.

… winning habits?

That’s part of what makes this intentionally throwing games thing just not a thing. Everyone’s working for their careers and if the goal is to institute winning habits, then winning comes with that. You can’t keep the culture right and lose games unless you don’t have experience or talent. This team has too much of both.
Y'all drinking way too much koolaid on this roster.

The best way to establish a winning culture is by having amazing talent that helps you win.

I get what they are going for here but we have 1-2 too many vets. We need to be working on player development and doing things the right way. A couple vets will help that but Mike/JC/KO aren't Favs... OKC sat Favs down and he was cool. Those guys won't have it. Even if you play the young guys and they suck it is helpful. You don't want to hang on to projects that aren't likely to yield anything.

If they cut Gay, I'll believe this. If they keep him while cutting other players, then it is garbage.
Sounds very much like he staying and they gonna play him... might be showcasing for a trade and then waiving him later if no takers. He has a lot of guaranteed money to just cut. If he gave back like 4M in a buyout (vet min money for each year) then I'd be on board.

I think Gay can improve his value. He looked a little washed but also is now a full year removed from the surgery he had. He looked a little heavy last year. Issue is he is another vet taking time from prospects. Fine for a month or so but if showcasing him doesn't work just cut him and eat the salary.

Sorry for yelling, it just feels like they pulled my dick then punched me in the balls and bounced.

They have positioned themselves very well for an unprecedented opportunity and the most important part of the plan is being so bad that they are guaranteed a decent lottery pick and the highest odds possible, not the Knicks purgatory range.

Have y’all been seeing some of Vic’s recent play, BTW. Holy moly. He’s started to get fierce, more explosive, and more confident. Health permitting he is a lock for at least a legit franchise player.