What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Wonder if Houston will actually play Favors. Think they are at the point of their rebuild where they want to start trying to be a bit more competitive.

Wonder if Houston will actually play Favors. Think they are at the point of their rebuild where they want to start trying to be a bit more competitive.
No way on being competitive. This is their pst year to tank before they owe some picks because of the Russ trade. Next year I see them flipping the switch a bit.

No way on being competitive. This is their pst year to tank before they owe some picks because of the Russ trade. Next year I see them flipping the switch a bit.
I just mean a bit more like dont put out absolute scrubs. I dont think Favors is turning the tide on your team winning games, but he can make your team less pathetic and help other players grow.

I just mean a bit more like dont put out absolute scrubs. I dont think Favors is turning the tide on your team winning games, but he can make your team less pathetic and help other players grow.
Fair… I just think they have as much incentive as anyone in the league to suck this year… Favs might be a locker room addition too… they likely need some stability there.

Even with us trading Lyles for Mitchell I'm still bitter about taking Lyles over Booker. Everyone wanted to draft Booker except the damn jazz front office. I really believe drafting Booker changes the entire trajectory of our franchise because I don't think Hayward leaves if Booker is around. The Booker, Hayward, Gobert trio had legit championship potential. The summer that Hayward left you looked at that team and it was okay but there wasn't much upside which is why he bounced. Obviously if we already had Mitchell established as well then I doubt he leaves then either. Too bad we weren't proactive in giving him a 4 year deal with no player option to begin with.

Even with us trading Lyles for Mitchell I'm still bitter about taking Lyles over Booker. Everyone wanted to draft Booker except the damn jazz front office. I really believe drafting Booker changes the entire trajectory of our franchise because I don't think Hayward leaves if Booker is around. The Booker, Hayward, Gobert trio had legit championship potential. The summer that Hayward left you looked at that team and it was okay but there wasn't much upside which is why he bounced. Obviously if we already had Mitchell established as well then I doubt he leaves then either. Too bad we weren't proactive in giving him a 4 year deal with no player option to begin with.
Hayward wasn't staying

Jazz let Lauri yesterday go to Arizona for the alumni day there, as there is nothing spesific Jazz needs from Markkanen at the moment, and he is just expected to be with the team in Toronto tomorrow. Kinda weird timing, if you ask me, what with the team seemingly working their butts off in front of their new coach.

View: https://twitter.com/ArizonaMBB/status/1576054139926114305

Also, the last Jazz tweet mentioning Lauri is from September 27th (when he met JV and most of the team for the first time). All other 18 Jazz team members seem to have been mentioned in Jazz tweets since then.

I have a hunch Lauri Markkanen will be included in a trade on November 8th (the earliest date he can be traded unless exactly one for one, which certainly isn't what Jazz is looking for), and Jazz is atm trying to avoid building any kind of hype around him.

Why would Jazz want to trade Markkanen?
Jazz finally have a 7 ft stretch 4 who can also play C or SF at times
I don't know, I have absolutely no clue why. But I find it odd Jazz seemingly has no interest in him being with the team now when chemistry is built up and the coach is deciding who plays what role in the team.

Jazz let Lauri yesterday go to Arizona for the alumni day there, as there is nothing spesific Jazz needs from Markkanen at the moment, and he is just expected to be with the team in Toronto tomorrow. Kinda weird timing, if you ask me, what with the team seemingly working their butts off in front of their new coach.

View: https://twitter.com/ArizonaMBB/status/1576054139926114305

Also, the last Jazz tweet mentioning Lauri is from September 27th (when he met JV and most of the team for the first time). All other 18 Jazz team members seem to have been mentioned in Jazz tweets since then.

I have a hunch Lauri Markkanen will be included in a trade on November 8th (the earliest date he can be traded unless exactly one for one, which certainly isn't what Jazz is looking for), and Jazz is atm trying to avoid building any kind of hype around him.

I think you are reading way too much into this.

Lauri just played in the Euro qualifiers all summer. Jazz still have two weeks before the season starts. They can give him a day off.
Maybe so. That however does defy the accepted logic of building up group chemistry and team bonding of a bunch of new guys. Somebody being away during that initial bonding phase isn't exactly helping (I don't know if any of you guys have joined a team or group a bit later than the others, but it ain't easy to mix in when the others seemingly have their inside jokes etc (I have personal experience of this both joining a team nine days after the others, and joining an amateur theater group eight days after the others -> I eventually left both of those, as I felt like an outsider all the time)). I just don't feel cool that Lauri went away from the team for a couple days, and apparently isn't even on the same plane to Edomonton as the others.

View: https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/1576336541009334272