What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Maybe so. That however does defy the accepted logic of building up group chemistry and team bonding of a bunch of new guys. Somebody being away during that initial bonding phase isn't exactly helping (I don't know if any of you guys have joined a team or group a bit later than the others, but it ain't easy to mix in when the others seemingly have their inside jokes etc (I have personal experience of this both joining a team nine days after the others, and joining an amateur theater group eight days after the others -> I eventually left both of those, as I felt like an outsider all the time)). I just don't feel cool that Lauri went away from the team for a couple days, and apparently isn't even on the same plane to Edomonton as the others.

View: https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/1576336541009334272

You are made lieds

Maybe so. That however does defy the accepted logic of building up group chemistry and team bonding of a bunch of new guys. Somebody being away during that initial bonding phase isn't exactly helping (I don't know if any of you guys have joined a team or group a bit later than the others, but it ain't easy to mix in when the others seemingly have their inside jokes etc (I have personal experience of this both joining a team nine days after the others, and joining an amateur theater group eight days after the others -> I eventually left both of those, as I felt like an outsider all the time)). I just don't feel cool that Lauri went away from the team for a couple days, and apparently isn't even on the same plane to Edomonton as the others.

Apparently Jason Terry (current Jazz assistant coach and fellow U. of Ariz. graduate) was also attending the Univ. of Arizona event with Markkanen. It's not like they were missing all of the early part of training camp. They probably just missed one practice and will be at the game tomorrow.

Hopefully they saved Lauri one of those Doritos snack packs. That will go a long way towards team building.

Meh. Anything is possible but now that he's in Utah this is the first time he's played close to Arizona. What's the big deal in missing a travel day to go back and get little love from his alma mater. He's not going to miss the preseason game.

FWIW I believe Conley mentioned Lauri as one of the guys that was rebounding and bringing the ball up in practice this week.

If the rumor is true that Bolmaro improved his shot then that changes the bench depth and the team could get more wins. I love this lineup as a second unit. Three defenders and lots of offense.

Bolmaro
Clarkson
Agjabi
Markannen
Vanderbilt

Only Conley, Kelly O, and Bolmaro (he has sucked at shooting in past so he has developed passing) have an aptitude to passing on the team so I would try to maximize their minutes.

And yes, I would make Bolmaro the third PG on this team behind Conley and Sexton. (if the Jazz is going develop a player then do it for Bolmaro at the backup point; it may lead to more losses or we can get a wonderful surprise - I think he could be a Lonzo like PG.). I would cut Butler and Lee and Gay. And I would load up Star players who can play point in case Bolmaro flops.

The starting lineup would be:
Conley
Sexton
Beasley
Kelly O
Kessler

Last edited:

Are you some kind of drama queen? You quit twice because you were late to something? These are men making Millions. I think he’ll be fine, idiot Markkanen’s no quitter

Jazz let Lauri yesterday go to Arizona for the alumni day there, as there is nothing spesific Jazz needs from Markkanen at the moment, and he is just expected to be with the team in Toronto tomorrow. Kinda weird timing, if you ask me, what with the team seemingly working their butts off in front of their new coach.

View: https://twitter.com/ArizonaMBB/status/1576054139926114305

Also, the last Jazz tweet mentioning Lauri is from September 27th (when he met JV and most of the team for the first time). All other 18 Jazz team members seem to have been mentioned in Jazz tweets since then.

I have a hunch Lauri Markkanen will be included in a trade on November 8th (the earliest date he can be traded unless exactly one for one, which certainly isn't what Jazz is looking for), and Jazz is atm trying to avoid building any kind of hype around him.

Highly unlikely. If I were jazz management I would want Lauri taking it easy right now with him coming off the European tournament where he played his butt off. Let him rest up a little over the first few weeks of training camp.

Are you some kind of drama queen? You quit twice because you were late to something? These are men making Millions. I think he’ll be fine, idiot Markkanen’s no quitter
Yeah he isn't a quitter, but he isn't an idiot either. What gives?

Highly unlikely. If I were jazz management I would want Lauri taking it easy right now with him coming off the European tournament where he played his butt off. Let him rest up a little over the first few weeks of training camp.
Just put him straight on the injured list and sit him out until December, no need to risk the tan....uh injuries, you know, no need to risk injuries.

I'd personally like something around Crowder to Miami, Clarkson or Beasley to Phoenix, and Robinson+picks (2nds from Phoenix, 1st from MIA) to Utah.

So, let me get this straight....Ryan Smith was fine with trading the teams two stars and by far best players in Don and Rudy, fine with trading two of our other starters in Bogey and Royce, fine with trading Mike Conley if they can find a deal for him, fine with trading one of our longest tenured players in Joe Ingles. He's completely fine with taking a blowtorch to the entire roster and going into a full scale rebuild. But he completely refuses to trade Jordan Clarkson? If this is true, then it's incredibly stupid.

View: https://twitter.com/5kl/status/1576958964285046785

So, let me get this straight....Ryan Smith was fine with trading the teams two stars and by far best players in Don and Rudy, fine with trading two of our other starters in Bogey and Royce, fine with trading Mike Conley if they can find a deal for him, fine with trading one of our longest tenured players in Joe Ingles. He's completely fine with taking a blowtorch to the entire roster and going into a full scale rebuild. But he completely refuses to trade Jordan Clarkson? If this is true, then it's incredibly stupid.

View: https://twitter.com/5kl/status/1576958964285046785

I don't know what exactly to make of it. Obviously JC has some fans in the org who are higher on him than us and the league. If Bogey/JC and stuff was good enough to get Russ and a pick we should have done it over the garbage we ended up doing. I doubt that was the case.

I think my biggest thing is I am concerned we value JC too much and keep him here a while through extension. I think he's just a rough fit with Sexton... and they will play together at least a little.

I'd personally like something around Crowder to Miami, Clarkson or Beasley to Phoenix, and Robinson+picks (2nds from Phoenix, 1st from MIA) to Utah.
That ship sailed when the Jazz took on THT and his likely opt-in for next year. Ryan doesn't want to pay a nickel more for a team than he has to, and THT's deal plus everything else puts us right around the salary floor.

It was hard to see the positives of the deal at the time, but it only gets worse with time.

That ship sailed when the Jazz took on THT and his likely opt-in for next year. Ryan doesn't want to pay a nickel more for a team than he has to, and THT's deal plus everything else puts us right around the salary floor.

It was hard to see the positives of the deal at the time, but it only gets worse with time.
It’s well past time for the JFC FO. There’s at least one big **** up a year that we could prevent.