What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Jazz would look at Collins , the same way Lauri has come on in a different system

Trae is a chucker , Collins plus the rest of the hawks just run up and down the court watching Trae chuck or dribble

Guy I love is Hunter from the hawks , doesn’t get enough usage because of Trae
meh, all those guys got plenty of looks and touches before Atlanta added another ball dominant guard in dejounte murray. with both of them there aren't enough touches to go around. it was a stupid trade and it's a stupid fit. Trae, Hunter, Collins and probably most of the Hawks are having some of their worst seasons early on. tl;dr - trae isn't the problem, rather trae and murray are the problem. atlanta's FO for making a ridiculous trade is the problem.

yeah very true. However that team is good enough without him to not be in the lottery, even if liosing him gets them one season in the lottery they will get another free agent to replace him that wants to play with those dudes. Garland has had a rough season getting hurt early, and he is still playing pretty high level , unless they lose Mobley they aint going away.

Those picks are 6 and 7 years out. 7 years ago we drafted Trey Lyles and picked up a rookie Joe Ingles. We bottomed out rebuilt and blew it up again in that time frame. 7 years is an eternity.

Yeah it has been pretty obvious from day 1 he didn't want to be here and he doesn't do much to help either the tank (ala THT) or the winning (ala Conley). So let's get something positive for him while we can.

Those picks are 6 and 7 years out. 7 years ago we drafted Trey Lyles and picked up a rookie Joe Ingles. We bottomed out rebuilt and blew it up again in that time frame. 7 years is an eternity.
I guess there is reason to be hopeful for those picks way out. But that only makes them better as trade chips for Danny to use for getting players now or next season,to fast-forward THIS rebuild imo . Not very valuable at all though later on if Don does stay there because they were winning.

I’d rather have THT in the dog house than Pat Bev playing and hurting the team

Guys will be in and out of the rotation all year. Just a few weeks ago NAW was in the doghouse and THT was playing great. Unfortunately the biggest problem with this season is that because of the vets we are trying to win and therefore we aren't going to let players get bigger minutes while going through growing pains.

I think Sarah Todd wrote he has the second or third best +- on the team. I know that's not the greatest metric to use but I bet the coaching staff at least eye balls it.

Yeah it has been pretty obvious from day 1 he didn't want to be here and he doesn't do much to help either the tank (ala THT) or the winning (ala Conley). So let's get something positive for him while we can.
It'd be very hard to get something positive for his contract.

Ugh, if only we had just kept Niang.

I'd do it if they include a 1st round draft pick.
TRADER AINGE FOR THE BOYS!!!
Adding some color to this...

I have a 13 year old neighbor kid who is a bit of a hot mess. He's a mix of Dennis the menace and Hot Rod. A ton of confidence, not high in the academic arena, and bored enough to get into lots of trouble.

Needless to say, he keeps kissing girls at school and afterwards he walks away and yells at the top of his lungs "DO IT FOR THE BOYS!!!"

Its pretty funny stuff.

I imagine Danny after trades walking down the hall and yelling "DO IT FOR THE BOYS!!!" on the next 6 teams he screws.

For all of his faults, Donovan was a HUGE upgrade over Lyles. That was a great trade up for Utah. Niang would’ve been fun to keep around - especially at the bargain rate the 76ers got him for.
He was the guy with great balance. Grayson Allen had the hand pads, and just for context I hated the Conley trade. Who trades that much for a guy on the wrong side of 30 with the contract he had.