What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

So phoenix is now without Payne and CP has a hip issue… they should make a trade or they will plummet down the standings… Booker of course still out 3 weeks.

Lmao. What LALA land do you live in? Markkanen doesn’t need to make an allstar team for the jazz to lose a lot of games.
Its impressive to see a man feeding off his emotions smh of course him gaining more accolades like being an allstar which he deserves to be mind you, puts massive pressure on the team around him as he will garner more and more attention from it. Many players struggle with it, maybe he won't.

So phoenix is now without Payne and CP has a hip issue… they should make a trade or they will plummet down the standings… Booker of course still out 3 weeks.
them doing a GSW mini tank if Booker is out any longer than that, wouldn't shock anyone . But they could turn it around pretty quick with a decent btb 10 day facilitator signing

Just curious if anybody has examples of "showcasing" a player for the trade deadline and it actually working.

A lot of people, including myself, have referred to playing a guy ahead of the deadline to increase their trade value. I'm just not sure there is any history of that actually working.

They are diving hard. I'm hoping they stop before they dive past Minny.. but doesnt look good atm.
The thing with them is that since they do have so much talent and a tight window with CP they pretty much have to try and make a win now move to keep them afloat. All they have to do is get into the playoffs and they have a chance.

Just curious if anybody has examples of "showcasing" a player for the trade deadline and it actually working.

A lot of people, including myself, have referred to playing a guy ahead of the deadline to increase their trade value. I'm just not sure there is any history of that actually working.

I can't really think of anyone in particular. Most of the time the guys getting moved have a more established history of play or it seems a lot of the time it is the opposite of showcasing and guys out of the rotation are moved.

No such thing as "showcasing". All NBA players have been under a microscope since they were 14 years old (or earlier). Everyone is a known quantity.

If anything, it's a risk to give extended minutes to vets you're going to trade. They might get hurt. Case in point - Kelly Olynyk.

I also loved all that upside of bargnani and jabari parker and olawakandi and eddie curry and michael bennet. Upside wins you so many games!

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Don't forget the ultimate upside of DedEx. He won us SO many hypothetical games. So many, in fact, that he earned a REAL pay increase for his stellar hypothetical play. Amazing!

No such thing as "showcasing". All NBA players have been under a microscope since they were 14 years old (or earlier). Everyone is a known quantity.

If anything, it's a risk to give extended minutes to vets you're going to trade. They might get hurt. Case in point - Kelly Olynyk.
It’s more about showcasing that they have value to their current team. If someone isn’t getting off the bench on your team it puts you in a difficult position to negotiate from a position of strength.

The problem with "showcasing" is that once they play well enough it actually changes their trade value... you won't want to trade them. @infection back me up here.

They have to play really well to actually change their trade value... and once they do that... you now value them more and want to retain them.

Don't forget the ultimate upside of DedEx. He won us SO many hypothetical games. So many, in fact, that he earned a REAL pay increase for his stellar hypothetical play. Amazing!
All that hypothetical potential netted us Clarkson in the end. I had so much stock on Exum Island rip

The problem with "showcasing" is that once they play well enough it actually changes their trade value... you won't want to trade them. @infection back me up here.

They have to play really well to actually change their trade value... and once they do that... you now value them more and want to retain them.
It’s very much like a stock… it jumps like 10% in a day and you think - “I could sell… but what if I let it ride… what if it jumps again?” Then it dips and you feel like a dummy.

The Lowe Post from Friday had Memphis and New Orleans as trade destinations for Beasley. Not rumors, just what they think makes sense.