What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I like the idea. It fits our timeline better as you said. However it also largely depends on our draft position and who we get.
I would definitely gamble on Bones being better than 99% of the prospects in the 26-30 range of this draft in 5 years.
If the deal was done without protection on the pick I might be a little less interested.
Overall its just a meh nothing shocking trade, but the kind of value swap that could happen is all

New Orleans makes a lot of sense as a Beasley landing spot.

We can take back Devonte Graham plus salary filler. Graham’s salary isn’t as bad as I thought. It is 11.5M this year, 12.1M next year and only 2.85M guaranteed in 2024-25.

They have their own first in 2024 and the option to take the Lakers first in 2024 or 2025.

I would be targeting picks in 2024 since it is likely we may not have one since OKC owns our pick and it is only top-10 protected.

Final deal would be something like:

Beasley for Graham, Marshall and the 2024/2025 Lakers first
Man if those two pelican overtime games had flipped the standings look so much different for our picks right now.

New Orleans makes a lot of sense as a Beasley landing spot.

We can take back Devonte Graham plus salary filler. Graham’s salary isn’t as bad as I thought. It is 11.5M this year, 12.1M next year and only 2.85M guaranteed in 2024-25.

They have their own first in 2024 and the option to take the Lakers first in 2024 or 2025.

I would be targeting picks in 2024 since it is likely we may not have one since OKC owns our pick and it is only top-10 protected.

Final deal would be something like:

Beasley for Graham, Marshall and the 2024/2025 Lakers first
They would never give up that Lakers pick for this, would they? That could very easily be pure gold.

They would never give up that Lakers pick for this, would they? That could very easily be pure gold.

They are going to be in a salary cap crunch very shortly. I don’t think they would but I would take their first as well instead.

They are going to be in a salary cap crunch very shortly. I don’t think they would but I would take their first as well instead.
I haven't really watched Marshall much, but his stats look fairly good. Graham is a negative asset, and their pick will very likely be really late. I guess I'd consider it, but not sure. Would definitely do it for the Lakers pick.

I wouldn't be all that crestfallen if no trade actually happens. Trader Dan has acquired enough loot to make the Jazz big players in tradeapalooza on draft day. But maybe he finds some panicked sucker and does a Gobert like heist on Feb 9th.

DraftKings has Conley at +130 to be traded and Clarkson at +160 to be traded. Those both seem like WAY higher odds than I would guess.

I wouldn't be all that crestfallen if no trade actually happens. Trader Dan has acquired enough loot to make the Jazz big players in tradeapalooza on draft day. But maybe he finds some panicked sucker and does a Gobert like heist on Feb 9th.
I'm fully prepared for no deals. Outside of the players no one really wants, I think we mostly like our guys and it would take a pretty good offer. Most of the time, that doesn't happen, after all.

For what it’s worth, Windhorst said he would take the over on 1.5 of our players being traded.

He has really good stretches at least from a basic stats perspective. I'd probably still gamble on him if the Jazz could get him for Beasley/1st/Vando, or something like that.
I don't think that gets it done... part of my not wanting to "bet" on him would include a higher acquisition price. I get what you are saying.

I don't want RJ. I was just thinking if NY would like to add a little depth that can help on D, maybe Rudy Gay for a younger player Hardy can mold into something