What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

The difference between someone like Beasley and someone like Kennard is variance. Both might give you a 15 point average, but Beasley will give between 5 and 30. While Kennard will give you 12 to 18. Sometimes there is value in the former if you have scoring stability elsewhere in the lineup.
Kennard averages 8 points per game but somehow his variance lies between 12 and 18?

According to Shams we're discussing Russell Westbrook & 2027 FRP or 2029 FRP for Conley, Beasley, and Vanderbilt.

View: https://twitter.com/Stopcryin_/status/1622655204263960582

Improves our chances for a higher lottery pick. Gives us a desirable unprotected first round pick. Gives us lots of cap space this summer. But we’d be less fun to watch for a few month. I’d lean yes, but hope we can get just a little more like a swap or a couple second rounders

Improves our chances for a higher lottery pick. Gives up a desirable unprotected first round pick. Gives us lots of cap space this summer. But we’d be less fun to watch for a few month. I’d lean yes, but hope we can get just a little more like a swap or a couple second rounders
I think we'd still be fun as hell but just in a different way.

The Lakers might balk on the pick cost of that trade, but Conley, Beasley and Vanderbilt are exactly the type guys that team needs.

And they save almost $5 million in salaries which equates to how much in luxury? $10-15 million total in savings?

The Lakers might balk on the pick cost of that trade, but Conley, Beasley and Vanderbilt are exactly the type guys that team needs.

And they save almost $5 million in salaries which equates to how much in luxury? $15-20 million total in savings?
Shams said it's something that we've been discussing. One pick for three guys that could potentially be starters isn't that bad.

And they save almost $5 million in salaries which equates to how much in luxury? $15-20 million total in savings?

I’ll even take it if it’s top-4 protected or something.

Not only that... their rumored cap space next year was always a bit of a farce. If they did use space then tried to trade the picks for an upgrade they would have no functional salary to attach the picks to. So getting those guys is actually a big benefit. If Kyrie flames out in Dallas they could use Mike/Beasley and the leftover pick to do a sign and trade for him. If they just keep Russ their roster gets rough real fast.

The Jazz should consider holding a few of these guys out of games this week. Would suck to see a good deal blown up by an injury.