What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

And from the Minny side: Yeah, DLO has been scoring great, but KAT is coming back soon and they really dont need his scoring. They need a heady leader who can help the team operate at a high level. That guy was never going to be DLo and they werent going to re-sign him.

They also need someone who actually knows how to play with Gobert.

In the Athletic article from Shams and Tony Jones it says draft compensation would likely be coming to Utah such as a first round pick. I hope we get more than just one first round pick, at least a swap or some seconds or something. I kind of doubt we end up with both of the Lakers firsts.

okay. he said that initially 30 minutes ago, but you bringing it up now read like there were further developments. apologies
Well the deal aint done yet and Shams said that's what was going on in real time, so it doesnt take a genius to say they are still talking through that.

In the Athletic article from Shams and Tony Jones it says draft compensation would likely be coming to Utah such as a first round pick. I hope we get more than just one first round pick, at least a swap or some seconds or something. I kind of doubt we end up with both of the Lakers firsts.
Tim MacMahon mentioned us getting the two firsts for Conley and Beasley two days ago, I sure hope we get them both

We getting both Lakers picks?
Highly, highly doubt it.

Conley basically a neutral in trade (given his contract, age).

Beasely/Vando combined together (or separately) probably not fetching anything more desirable than a single Lakers pick.

Lakers going after Russell is interesting considering he is an UFA after this season.

I would love to have Russ play a few games for Utah. Play great, Jazz fans/Russ make up and kiss, then we cut Russ and let him find a new team and the Jazz are revered as a first class franchise.
McMahon... who recently sat down with the Jazz braintrust... said he will accept a buyout if traded here and likely won't step on the plane.

Highly, highly doubt it.

Conley basically a neutral in trade (given his contract, age).

Beasely/Vando combined together (or separately) probably not fetching anything more desirable than a single Lakers pick.

They’re getting Russell not Conley.

Lakers going after Russell is interesting considering he is an UFA after this season.
Unless the extend him now I think its a mistake... again they don't have max space. And to get to max space they end up filling out the roster with minimums.

Dlo may have an opt-out this off-season. He may be leaving Minny this summer regardless. Minny is likely trying to recover value for him while they can.