What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I'd say almost zero chance it was Ainge. Maybe if we were further along in our rebuild, but even then I would have a hard time seeing Ainge offering 4 firsts.
Pretty low chance it was Danny. Almost guarantee it was a contender.
I don't think it was us. I am guessing it was the grizz. They can give their own picks and the GS pick they own. If it was us I am guessing a couple were protected.

I think Danny knows where we are and knows its in our best interest to suck this year. Next year I could see us making a move like that if we pick up a high level rookie or two.

I guess my thinking on this is - there aren't many teams with the type of picks the Nets would refuse 4 of AND Bridges is actually a very good approximation of what Ainge usually looks for in his wings. Maybe the NYK are one of the teams that actually has this type of picks... OKC and NOP too...

I guess my thinking on this is - there aren't many teams with the type of picks the Nets would refuse 4 of AND Bridges is actually a very good approximation of what Ainge usually looks for in his wings. Maybe the NYK are one of the teams that actually has this type of picks... OKC and NOP too...

Any team that hasn’t traded future picks is a candidate. Did Memphis or New Orleans call them with some protections on a couple of those picks? Maybe.

I don’t think it’s a crazy thought. I could see if it was like the Philly pick, La pick and two Cavs Minny picks.

I think the Nets build with Bridges and Johnson and DFS or Royce would be the guys on the move. Maybe they keep them and try to dump BS with picks. There will be some movement there… I’d guess Bridges is part of a culture reset they want though.

It is pretty wild that all of the big deals done lately have involved at minimum 3 unprotected firsts + a swap + a player who could get more unprotected firsts on their own. That is a **** ton to give up for one player.

Two thoughts:

1) Absolutely incredible the rights to Ante Tomic are still floating around, lol. My question is why? Did it have to be included in that deal to satisfy some CBA requirements?

2) The 2027 Lakers pick should be quite valuable. It was a highly desired asset, and I do not believe Top 4 protection will significantly diminish its value. I also don't think the Lakers will be heavily in Top 4 contention entering 2027. Not having their pick will be significant motivation to not tank and they have a **** ton of salary coming off the books before 2027 - not including salary cap expansion under a new CBA. Willing to bet they'll be reloaders, not rebuilders.

Zach Lowe is saying he can confirm the Nets got a trade proposal for Mikal Bridges for 4 1st round picks. He doesn't say what team that came from.

What do you guys say is the chance it was Danny making that offer? I think pretty high. He famously was ready to give up 4 1sts in order to get Winslow in the draft a few years back...
I would agree. Guessing the odds are pretty high. We have a ton of picks of varying value (high to low). It's either us or one/two other teams.

Zach Lowe is saying he can confirm the Nets got a trade proposal for Mikal Bridges for 4 1st round picks. He doesn't say what team that came from.

What do you guys say is the chance it was Danny making that offer? I think pretty high. He famously was ready to give up 4 1sts in order to get Winslow in the draft a few years back...
It was the Knicks. They were trying to get the Villanova squad back together. Im sure 2 of them were the Pistons/Wizards picks which arent great.

2) The 2027 Lakers pick should be quite valuable. It was a highly desired asset, and I do not believe Top 4 protection will significantly diminish its value. I also don't think the Lakers will be heavily in Top 4 contention entering 2027.
How does this make sense? It's highly desired (because the Lakers would be awful), but it possibly turning into a 2nd rounder (the value of which we saw with some of the trades) won't diminish it, and the Lakers won't bottom out anyway.

How does this make sense? It's highly desired (because the Lakers would be awful), but it possibly turning into a 2nd rounder (the value of which we saw with some of the trades) won't diminish it, and the Lakers won't bottom out anyway.

Because (1) not that many FRPs were available (clearly) and (2) while it's unrealistic they'll be in the cellar there's no clear path to greatness for them, either.

The conveying to a second round pick in 2028 isn't great, I'll give you that.

If they are the worst team in the league the pick still has a 48% chance at being the 5th pick... that isn't a bad scenario... worst case they are good and it is a pick in the late 20s. I think people acting like its a "fake first" are being really disingenuous.

I think it will be like 18 or something. Which is ok. I feel like the jazz should have been able to do better than that for what they gave up.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I think it will be like 18 or something. Which is ok. I feel like the jazz should have been able to do better than that for what they gave up.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
I agree but after blowing out some steam I realize that many including myself overreacted a bit to the conversion. Like if we traded those 3 guys separately for Celtics, Bucks and Nuggets 2023 FRPs, we technically get 3 FRP but its still worse than that Lakers pick expected value.

DA did it because pick 34 (worst case scenario) is still close to a 25+ FRP and anyways in the low odd gamble player range, but not useless like a 45+ pick.

I still think Lakers had to do that trade and we could have pushed for more but after Wolves came on board pushing for more likely turned awkward.