What's new

Traditional defensive 5 is a dying bread, as skilled as Steven Adams he was unplayable in the 4th

I agree.
These series almost always come down to which stars play better.

It's nice to have role players play good but if they play poorly and the stars play great then you can still win.

If the role players play great and the stars play poorly then you will usually lose.

This is how I see things anyway. (I don't claim my opinion to be fact though so I could be wrong)

Well of course, every game is going to come down to whose star players played better, especially when those stars shoot a large % of their teams shots.

Well of course, every game is going to come down to whose star players played better, especially when those stars shoot a large % of their teams shots.
Yep

He gets 8 ppg....

Playing with Durant/Westbrook lets him score a lot more than he would on most other teams.

With as many shots as those 2 take 8 or 9 points seems pretty good. You don't think he can score more than 9 points if he was on the 76ers?

True, if you have 3-pt shooters like Curry and Thompson. But they are historically best 3-pt shooters. How many teams will have such a tandem? The problem for OKC was that they couldn't make any 3's which put them at a huge disadvantage.

Problem with OKC is that they played great team ball for 2.5 series and then Durant reverted to bad habits of hero ball and started jacking up contested off balance shots instead of finding the open teammate out of the double or triple team.

With as many shots as those 2 take 8 or 9 points seems pretty good. You don't think he can score more than 9 points if he was on the 76ers?

Way to take it to the extreme opposite end to a team. But no, I don't think he could.

Adams played incredibly this series. Biggest area of improvement for Rudy is those FTs tho. He was canning em pretty well & we need that from Rudy.

Are u the only other poster who watched this? Adams was MVP for OKC. KD n Westbrook sucked! Adams should leave them for a contender.

He wouldn't be getting abandoned by his man to provide help against a driving Westbrook or KD. Look at Kanter - his efficiency has skyrocketed by virtue of playing with that duo.

I agree.
These series almost always come down to which stars play better.

It's nice to have role players play good but if they play poorly and the stars play great then you can still win.

If the role players play great and the stars play poorly then you will usually lose.

This is how I see things anyway. (I don't claim my opinion to be fact though so I could be wrong)

Oh horse crap. Adams was the life blood of that epic run. He nearly single handedly beat two of the best teams of all time. If the refs gave a crap they would have ejected Draymong Green every single game and Adams would have ruled. Did you see Draymonds takedown on Adams last game? He tried to break his shoulder. What the refs do? Call double foul. Game before Draymond nut shots him for second time in series. Again refs review and basically gift wrap GSW the championship. They reviewed that to for crying out loud! This playoffs is fixed. If this happened to Utah Jazz you would all be claiming push off all over again. Adams is MVP that series and I hope lebron slaughters Draymond for his boy KD. Least he can do.

Oh horse crap. Adams was the life blood of that epic run. He nearly single handedly beat two of the best teams of all time. If the refs gave a crap they would have ejected Draymong Green every single game and Adams would have ruled. Did you see Draymonds takedown on Adams last game? He tried to break his shoulder. What the refs do? Call double foul. Game before Draymond nut shots him for second time in series. Again refs review and basically gift wrap GSW the championship. They reviewed that to for crying out loud! This playoffs is fixed. If this happened to Utah Jazz you would all be claiming push off all over again. Adams is MVP that series and I hope lebron slaughters Draymond for his boy KD. Least he can do.

You may also have noticed the change in momentum when Adams was taken out during the series. He was ruling the boards, but as Boris says the refs were giving too much "respect" for Green. How you respect a guy like that, is beyond me. Curry and Green are getting too arrogant for my taste and I hope the Cavs take them down.

Problem with OKC is that they played great team ball for 2.5 series and then Durant reverted to bad habits of hero ball and started jacking up contested off balance shots instead of finding the open teammate out of the double or triple team.
In game 7 durant didn't take a ton of shots and he shot a great percentage (scored 27 points).

He probably should have shot more.

Defensive centers are a dying breed because Steven Adams didn't play 'enough' (25) minutes to prove it. Offensive centers are not a dying breed because Enes Kanter played 9 minutes.

Ok.

Where was Penes in the 4th quarter by the way?

I would say that durant and westbrook were a much bigger reason why they made it to a game 7 of the western conference finals against the world champs than Adams was.
Agree to disagree maybe.

Srs? Durant's choke job was one of the worst of all time.

10 for 30
11 for 18
10 of 15
8 of 24
12 for 31
10 of 31
10 of 19

I could give the same box scores for Westbrook but they paint the same picture. Those two and Donovan made this a mid-range jump chucking team. They were terrible. Westbrook kept them in the series at times but he didn't do it in a way that made a difference.

Their wins were based on "live by the 3, die by the 3". Curry, Klay and Draymond went cold for 2-3 games.

You may also have noticed the change in momentum when Adams was taken out during the series. He was ruling the boards, but as Boris says the refs were giving too much "respect" for Green. How you respect a guy like that, is beyond me. Curry and Green are getting too arrogant for my taste and I hope the Cavs take them down.

Well said. Can't stand Green after this series, and Curry's chest thumping got obnoxious. Same reason I don't care for LeBron.