What's new

Trey Burke sucks at basketball

His defense is anything but elite; Exum is much better at staying in front of his man and getting through and recovering around picks. Teague was scoring on him at will, and not that Teague isn't a good player but far from an elite point guard. I think Trey's shot selection isn't very good either, not so much the shots he's taking but the fact that he's taking shots when he should be setting up others, especially when you have such a horrible percentage like he does.
I was being sarcastic.

I like to think his current pathetic play is karma for making fun of that disabled kid on twitter

Then I remembered he didn't have any basketball ability even before that disgusting episode

Jazz should trade this loser for whatever they can get (which wont be much)

You're the loser. You should quit posting your opinion about basketball.

Trey finally made a shot. This "clearly" will change all the GMs' opinions about him and we can trade him while he has some value :)

some dudes just have it. at worst, trey can be our derek fisher. as he grow old, he will improve his vocal leadership too. i just love guys like trey. not heavily recruited, too 'small', but just knows how to play hoop. not the fastest, not the most athletic, but dude gets it.

yes, shooting % worries me. hope he gets better at shooting. if he can consistently shoot low 40%s i'll be happy.

Trey finally made a shot. This "clearly" will change all the GMs' opinions about him and we can trade him while he has some value :)

We should just send him to the bench, since even if he went on a shooting streak for a few/several weeks, his trade value would never increase cuz the GMs already know he's garbage. They know this cuz of he's been in the league over a year.

im sure GMs do a lot more scouting than just watching 1 game.

Burke is solid but he has to work on his shot. If he can shoot about 40-45% he will be a very good asset on this team. Right now he is SOLID but he can improve for sure.

We should just send him to the bench, since even if he went on a shooting streak for a few/several weeks, his trade value would never increase cuz the GMs already know he's garbage. They know this cuz of he's been in the league over a year.

It's the most competitive position in the league and Trey Jesus doesn't exactly bring anything above par. I particularly love his ability to dribble off his foot and dive for the ball afterwards this season. He'll get through it, it's only one year.

It's the most competitive position in the league and Trey Jesus doesn't exactly bring anything above par. I particularly love his ability to dribble off his foot and dive for the ball afterwards this season. He'll get through it, it's only one year.

LOL. I remember that play. I KNEW he was going to drive and try to score on that one. Also loved the corner-3 three he banked off the corner of the backboard. No one can tell me that wasn't just a horrible shot that luckily went in. Gotta give him credit for that final shot, though. He made it happen and it wasn't the easiest of shots.

I hit a big shot in a jr high game once, and then another one in high school. I must be greater than I think.

I hit a big shot in a jr high game once, and then another one in high school. I must be greater than I think.

A legend in your own mind?

I had a volleyballs serve that was much like that banked 3 by Trey. The ball went off the side of my hand and everyone thought it was going to be out. I turned around and cussed, only to have my teammates pat me on the back. The ball had actually barely cleared the net and landed just in for an ace. One of the ugliest aces ever!

We don't need him to get through it, we just need him to hit a streak for a while. Unlikely as it may be, we really have no reason to be in a hurry to move him to the bench. Exum can get more minutes by cutting the Burkses minutes a little each.
-
We probably end up keeping him anyway, but it would be awesome if he got on a hot streak, just in case a trade opportunity pops up.

Last edited:
some dudes just have it. at worst, trey can be our derek fisher. as he grow old, he will improve his vocal leadership too. i just love guys like trey. not heavily recruited, too 'small', but just knows how to play hoop. not the fastest, not the most athletic, but dude gets it.

yes, shooting % worries me. hope he gets better at shooting. if he can consistently shoot low 40%s i'll be happy.

I think his shot selection has to improve more than his actual stroke.