What's new

Trey Lyles being held out of practice/Summer League for now

There is a difference between reporting rumored interest and actual discussions going on in the present.
Word

I know, it just doesn't make much sense to lie about this thing specifically. As Cy said, most probably DL is trying to protect Lyles while they are negotiating the details on his contract.

Don't get too caught up in the definition of 'lie.'

The only thing that can really be exciting news is that Lyles is going to play in the next Summer League game. Signing him isn't really exciting.

Anybody who believes DL is stalling on the contract over chump change is nuts. He's either working on things that may require every scrap of cap space we have, or Lyles is involved in a possible trade.

Logical, knock it off.

I just feel bad for Jazz fans that bought tickets for summer league and are traveling to SLC with the expectation of seeing Lyles play. I understand they can't really divulge ongoing contract negotiations, but they should probably let fans know that he isn't going to play in the Jazz summer league if it is so questionable. It seems like a pretty big faux pas on the part of DL.

Which of these two are the bigger factor: Fans happiness who are watching the SL (which may or may not be diminished by the absence of TL). Or building a team that can contend for a title. A test of strategic thinking versus tactical/recency. I think 99.9% of fans get this.

Which of these two are the bigger factor: Fans happiness who are watching the SL (which may or may not be diminished by the absence of TL). Or building a team that can contend for a title. A test of strategic thinking versus tactical/recency. I think 99.9% of fans get this.

In fairness to NAOS, please define 'or'.