What's new

Trump’s Dividing of America

AOC is kicking *** in that video. Homen is a scumbag.

AOC just went up a couple pegs in my book after I watched that video.

If I could punch Homen in the face, I'd use that as a fake out and kick him in the balls, then deliver an uppercut, then punch him in the back of the head as he went to the ground.

If I could punch Homen in the face, I'd use that as a fake out and kick him in the balls, then deliver an uppercut, then punch him in the back of the head as he went to the ground.
I highly recommend any video of AOC in a committee hearing. She's still a little rough around the edges in some ways, but she's actually very good at doing her job.

People will find a way to excuse it of course. Right now the go to reaction among his supporters and conservative lawmakers seems to be to call foul on whether or not what he said was actually racist, followed up I'm sure with a declaration that the left are the real bigots for calling him out.

2016 was certainly illuminating for me in that it pulled back the veneer a bit on what kind of country we are to elect such a man. I'm prepared for 2020 to simply confirm what we already know.
I’m optimistic by nature and remain hopeful for 2020. There's a beautiful glide symmetry to the number. It would be a shame for Trump’s reelection to spoil that beauty for eternity.

I disagree with AOC on just about every policy issue. But it is awesome that the young liberals have a voice in DC.

Trump’s lemmings want to debase and degrade her because they don’t have the courage or intellect to debate her. She scares the **** out of them.

Yeah, man. I should have been more clear as to why I posted that video. It wasn't to knock on her or make her look bad. It just showed an example of what I was, and others were wondering. @Zombie did a great job of explaining.

Yeah, man. I should have been more clear as to why I posted that video. It wasn't to knock on her or make her look bad. It just showed an example of what I was, and others were wondering. @Zombie did a great job of explaining.
I figured that's what you were doing, but I couldn't resist an opportunity to dunk on Daily Caller. That this is the video you found just goes to show the pervasiveness of right wing POV's on Google though :p

I disagree with AOC on just about every policy issue. But it is awesome that the young liberals have a voice in DC.

Trump’s lemmings want to debase and degrade her because they don’t have the courage or intellect to debate her. She scares the **** out of them.

To me, it's cool there is a young person with a voice in DC, but she has a lot of characteristics (at least to me) that remind me of Trump. They both are run by their emotions. They both tweet, hyperbolic political issues and sensationalize them. They both tweet before fact checking. They both don't have the resume others do. They both are either very dislikable or likable. They both have homers who will defend them to the grave. They both perpetuate politics as a game.

Maybe I'm wrong. They both hit on some things, but are annoying af.

To me, it's cool there is a young person with a voice in DC, but she has a lot of characteristics (at least to me) that remind me of Trump. They both are run by their emotions. They both tweet, hyperbolic political issues and sensationalize them. They both tweet before fact checking. They both don't have the resume others do. They both are either very dislikable or likable. They both have homers who will defend them to the grave. They both perpetuate politics as a game.

Maybe I'm wrong. They both hit on some things, but are annoying af.
AOC doesn’t bug me for some reason d spite policy differences.

20190716_010513_zpsllf97ezt.jpg

Monkey see, monkey do.

Someone I went to high school with the person who posted this racist post on FB. This was my response... but you know, guys like Thriller, Harambe and One Clown will have you thinking I'm alt right cause I think the Portland Antifa are a bunch of larping lil bitches.

Last edited:
20190716_010513_zpsllf97ezt.jpg

Monkey see, monkey do.

Someone I went to high school with the person who posted this racist post on FB. This was my response... but you know, guys like Thriller, Harambe and One Clown will have you thinking I'm alt right cause I think the Portland Antifa are a bunch of larping lil bitches.
That is pretty difficult to read due to the formatting.

But regardless of what that says, I think Archie has been taking a lot of unwarranted abuse. And he's taken it in stride and continued to have an honest conversation.

Give the guy a little credit here. He's changed 10x more than most of the rest of us over his time posting on jazzfanz. We don't all have to agree all the time. He's engaging in a very open and honest discussion where he's putting his cards on the table and asking legitimate questions.

I don't know. I want to say more, but I fly off the handle too often to lecture anyone else on how to behave.

Reactions: Red
... but you know, guys like Thriller, Harambe and One Clown will have you thinking I'm alt right cause I think the Portland Antifa are a bunch of larping lil bitches.

Funny that, of the three names you listed, the one who hasn't called you alt-right is the one whose handle you decided to make fun of.

Proposition: there has long been two Americas, and our present struggle represents these two Americas fighting for control of the tone and future of who we are. May be simplistic, but I just want to understand how we got here, and what it represents:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/15/us/trump-tweets-two-americas-blake/index.html

In one America, people react with shock when a President issues vile racist tweets against women lawmakers. In the other America, people say nothing.

In one America, people speak out in protest after a President claims that African, Haitian, and Salvadoran immigrants come from "sh**hole" countries. In the other America, people nod in agreement.

In one America, people become outraged when administration officials snatch migrant children from their mothers' arms and detain them for weeks in filthy conditions with no repercussions. In the other America, people remain silent.

And in one America, people condemn a President for describing protestors alongside neo-Nazis as "very fine people." In the other America, people shrug....

....These two Americas have long co-existed.

One is the country represented by the Statue of Liberty, and its invitation to poor and tired immigrants "yearning to breathe free."

The other is the one that virtually wiped out Native Americans, enslaved Africans, excluded Chinese immigrants in the late 19th century and put Japanese Americans in concentration camps.

From the rarified perch of the White House, Trump's racist tweets tap into the id of this other America.

And here's what's so frightening about this: It is not a big stretch to say that when a leader uses the kind of language that Trump uses against minorities, it may increase the chances of violence being used against them.

Every single one was forced. Not one person is forced to leave their homes and be put in camps. Not one...

I'm not certain how I would respond, as a mother, to a gang telling me my son will be killed if he does not join the gang. But I'd have to do something. I would probably decide I was being forced to move, to escape. And if I am in such a position, and the United States seems like the best destination, by far, I may decide that's where I am going to flee to.

I posted a link to a story describing "two Americas". Within such a context, I'm inclined to interpret many of those arriving at our southern border as refugees. That seems like one America's perspective, and I guess it describes my own.

And there are severe refugee crisis happening all over the world at this time in history. And this one is our refugee crisis.

Another America may instead say these arrivals represent the worst from ****hole countries, build a wall and keep them out. It may be incredibly unfair to imply that one perspective seems based in compassion, and the other in the cyclical anti-immigrant sentiment present throughout our history. But I can't really help that, unless I'm completely off base in describing these two Americas. Nor do I have a ready answer on how to solve this crisis or how to handle the crush of humanity on our southern border.

Proposition: there has long been two Americas, and our present struggle represents these two Americas fighting for control of the tone and future of who we are. May be simplistic, but I just want to understand how we got here, and what it represents:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/15/us/trump-tweets-two-americas-blake/index.html

In one America, people react with shock when a President issues vile racist tweets against women lawmakers. In the other America, people say nothing.

In one America, people speak out in protest after a President claims that African, Haitian, and Salvadoran immigrants come from "sh**hole" countries. In the other America, people nod in agreement.

In one America, people become outraged when administration officials snatch migrant children from their mothers' arms and detain them for weeks in filthy conditions with no repercussions. In the other America, people remain silent.

And in one America, people condemn a President for describing protestors alongside neo-Nazis as "very fine people." In the other America, people shrug....

....These two Americas have long co-existed.

One is the country represented by the Statue of Liberty, and its invitation to poor and tired immigrants "yearning to breathe free."

The other is the one that virtually wiped out Native Americans, enslaved Africans, excluded Chinese immigrants in the late 19th century and put Japanese Americans in concentration camps.

From the rarified perch of the White House, Trump's racist tweets tap into the id of this other America.

And here's what's so frightening about this: It is not a big stretch to say that when a leader uses the kind of language that Trump uses against minorities, it may increase the chances of violence being used against them.

I would hope that Trump America is in the minority, but it seems that it is increasing in recent years and that having him as President has emboldened them in their noxious and destructive behavior. We need to get him out ASAP.