What's new

Trump has the Rona !

Good on you, because it's all guess work. So many countries are struggling with this virus. I posted the death per capita charts and the U.S is high, but in line with most countries. Short of a hard lockdown for 6 months the numbers aren't going to get real low. Now you have like a 30% real unemployment rate. The results: poverty leading to much higher crime, drug overdoses, suicide from depression. How much of that would get media coverage? You know the answer - zero. Most people here would think everything is fine and dandy. It's all political, Trump is the bad guy for the giant corporations he costs them billions with his tariffs. They own the media and will use whatever means necessary to get him out.

In terms of handling the pandemic, Trump has failed to do some core things the right way. I know you wanna spin out of that conclusion, but you won’t be very convincing.

What is a "real unemployment rate", and why is it almost triple the actual unemployment rate?

Crime has gone down since last year.

The rate of drug overdose increase started trending up in July 2019.

Suicide rates have been increasing in the rural US for 20 years, including the Trump years.

How much of what you said was true or connected to covid19? You now know the answer - zero.

What's your non-media source of information?

You don't even know what you're responding to. My analysis was if we did a hard 6 month lockdown, not the current rates. There would be spikes.
Data is still pouring in from this year, but it doesn't look good on crime.

Alright then since you already made up your mind I won't bother.

Seriously?

What’s the counter argument to Trump’s horrific and dishonest response to the pandemic? We have 4 percent of the worlds population yet account for over 20 percent of the world’s covid deaths. We still don’t have enough testing. Experts are warning us daily about our government failings and the potential to have another 200,000 die by January. Is there another country right now with a similar situation where so many in its leadership is sick with Covid? Especially this far into this pandemic? Is there another country out there who has leaders holding indoor campaign rallies without masks?

No, by all means, please bother. I’m really excited to see you try to argue for Donald’s covid response. Part of me wonders if you are pretending to be offended because you know there’s no argument to be made but don’t want to admit it.

Reactions: MVP
You don't even know what you're responding to. My analysis was if we did a hard 6 month lockdown, not the current rates. There would be spikes.

That’s not what the data says. Historically, countries that successfully contain outbreaks return to normal economic activity faster. Countries that ignore outbreaks actually prolong economic hardship.

Contrary to the idea of a trade-off, we see that countries which suffered the most severe economic downturns – like Peru, Spain and the UK – are generally among the countries with the highest COVID-19 death rate.

And the reverse is also true: countries where the economic impact has been modest – like Taiwan, South Korea, and Lithuania – have also managed to keep the death rate low.

I know you won’t admit that the data proves you wrong, you’re too set in your opinions no matter what the data says, but I want others to read this:

But among countries with available GDP data, we do not see any evidence of a trade-off between protecting people’s health and protecting the economy. Rather the relationship we see between the health and economic impacts of the pandemic goes in the opposite direction. As well as saving lives, countries controlling the outbreak effectively may have adopted the best economic strategy too.

Last edited:
Alright then since you already made up your mind I won't bother.
Yeah, believe it or not, I had already surveyed the evidence before we had this brief interaction. And, nah, i don’t have some regurgitated, slanted take based on some media silo; I’ve read around and even interviewed several health care professionals. My former profession was based on health care research and I still have quite a few connections.

From your article:
Crime analyst Jeff Asher offers the most recent data, looking at crime trends in 59 US cities in 2020 so far compared to 2019. He found murders are up 28 percent. Despite previous comments by Trump blaming the increase on Democratic-run cities, Asher found murders are up 29 percent and 26 percent, respectively, in cities with Democratic mayors and those with Republican mayors. In a smaller sample of US cities, he found that violent crime overall is flat and property crimes are down.

As I said, while murders are up, property crime is down.

C'mon herd, like this post. Be in the cool crowd.

True i've been relatively recent to claiming thst Trump is a repulsive human being and unfit for office or any form of responsibility, since oh, i dunno before he emerged as the front runner as a candidate for the republican party.

This is the danger of electing dickheads to things that actually matter. The fact the any reasonable adult would believe that clown is suitable to occupy the office of President is something that will mystify me endlessly.

If he dies will i lose sleep? No not really, im a front-line worker dealing with the reality of doing my job through a pandemic, i lose sleep over vastly more important things than that ****.

True i've been relatively recent to claiming thst Trump is a repulsive human being and unfit for office or any form of responsibility, since oh, i dunno before he emerged as the front runner as a candidate for the republican party.

This is the danger of electing dickheads to things that actually matter. The fact the any reasonable adult would believe that clown is suitable to occupy the office of President is something that will mystify me endlessly.

If he dies will i lose sleep? No not really, im a front-line worker dealing with the reality of doing my job through a pandemic, i lose sleep over vastly more important things than that ****.
mother ****ing this!

Anyone else finding it interesting that people like Chris Christie are checking into the hospital out of precaution while millions of Americans don’t dare because they don’t have insurance, are afraid of the bills, or have been told by the hospital that they’re no sick enough?

Whatever happened to sacrifice Yourself for the economy?

Anyone else finding it interesting that people like Chris Christie are checking into the hospital out of precaution while millions of Americans don’t dare because they don’t have insurance, are afraid of the bills, or have been told by the hospital that they’re no sick enough?

Whatever happened to sacrifice Yourself for the economy?

Why is that weird? He is an older super fatty so he should probably assume the worst. He has the money, and insurance, why wouldn't he take precautions?

These morons can't even do propaganda well. And he's signing blank pieces of paper.

Hope he dies.

I hope he survives so he can see the inside of a prison cell for the rest of his life. There are fates worse than death. And also, I think Pence has a better chance than Trump against Biden. Pence would get all the Trump votes plus all the Never Trumper Republicans who think Pence is a normal person for some reason.

These morons can't even do propaganda well. And he's signing blank pieces of paper.

I hope he survives so he can see the inside of a prison cell for the rest of his life. There are fates worse than death. And also, I think Pence has a better chance than Trump against Biden. Pence would get all the Trump votes plus all the Never Trumper Republicans who think Pence is a normal person for some reason.

I agree. I don’t want him to die. I want him to be destroyed in the election, his movement widely rejected, his followers quickly brushed into the dustbin of history, and for his *** to be in prison.

Four more weeks and we can start the clock on this idiot and his band of idiots exiting the White House.

I agree. I don’t want him to die. I want him to be destroyed in the election, his movement widely rejected, his followers quickly brushed into the dustbin of history, and for his *** to be in prison.
I don't want him to die of this virus. Honestly, I don't.

I want him on a ventilator. And then, yes, watch multiple "red" states vote for Biden until he unequivocally loses, and is forced to leave the WH.

If he goes to prison, how do they handle the Secret Service detail?

Last edited:

He originally wasn't going to self quarantine or take a COVID test... he was seen awfully close to Conway at the superspreader event

Ngl I'm rooting for the rona on this one. Not only because Trump is a pos who's responsible for hundreds of thousands of avoidable deaths, but also because it's the one thing that might get my conservative family to finally take this seriously.