What's new

Trump/Hillary Debate

Only Muslim I know is Dalamon, and I know for a fact he won't be voting for Hillary.

I always thought he was Canadian. I also don't blame anyone for not voting for Clinton. They have their reasons, and if they were Bernie supporters, like he was, they obviously feel betrayed by the DNC.

There are also various types of Muslims in this country. Muslims who have been here for a generation or two often feel more nationalized and have a more solidified understanding of their place within a Western country, be it Canada or the U.S. For example, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar more than likely understands his place in this country in a very different manner than most first generation Muslims, who are learning the language etc.

There are lots of first generation Muslims who are trying to make sense of this new and foreign country. They see Trump calling for a ban on all Muslims and stirring up violence, and this very much unnerves many, many of them, to say the least. Their children are being vilified, and Trump is painting a horrible picture of them. Again, I know from first hand experience that Trump's words are really affecting the lives of Muslims, particularly first generation families. It has also been proven that the more Muslims are unjustly persecuted (as with skinheads etc.), the more likely they are to be radicalized. On the contrary, when people in general are treated with dignity and respect, they feel a sense of love and pride for their country.

I'm voting for Hillary for the sole reason of defeating Trump. He's already divided our country enough, and I'm not ignoring how he's maligned the majority of our country. If someone wants to vote third party, that's their choice, and I have to respect that, even though I don't agree with it. I will, however, not respect anyone's opinion that Trump is in any way good for this country.

Last edited:
I almost think Trump is more informed than Gary Johnson, and Trump is one of the least informed and most delusional Republican presidential nominees ever. Gary Johnson belongs on the Wiggles, not in the White House.

I don't think he's uninformed as much as I think his mind is just a little slow at processing the questions. He obviously knows what he is taking about once he gets going, he's just a little slow starting. He was a successful governor. But I do wish bill weld was the one running for president instead of him.

The first thing that threw me off about Johnson was when he called Trump the p word. Then he talks about how we need him for president because he climbed the seven summits. So what.