What's new

Two Way Players

homeytennis

Can a team cut a two way player at any time or is the contract now guaranteed? I know in the past this happened fairly frequently but I don't know with the new CBA. There is one Jazz two way guy that ought to be a target for the first bus out of town if the Jazz can legally do it.

I think there's an argument that you are better off using your 2-way contracts to build a legitimate G-League team where your existing young NBA talent can thrive than using your 2-ways to try and take shots for NBA talent.

So you arent really looking to get the most talented possible players with projectable NBA growth, but just guys who know how to play and you know when you send your NBA contract players down, they are going to a team where there is a quality of play that is more consistent.

Can a team cut a two way player at any time or is the contract now guaranteed? I know in the past this happened fairly frequently but I don't know with the new CBA. There is one Jazz two way guy that ought to be a target for the first bus out of town if the Jazz can legally do it.
Only one?